Thread: Cant use discrete graphics card in rome total war

Default Cant use discrete graphics card in rome total war

Can you guys use your discrete graphics card for this game? I have a GS75 Stealth 8SE. https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS75-Stea.../Specification

Before you guys ask, yes i have tried forcing the computer to use the discrete graphics card from nvdia control panel. I have also tried disabling my discrete graphics card.
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 09, 2019 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Cant use discrete graphics card in rome total war

Thread moved to the correct forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Dear all,

I also have this same issue. Any help / advice would be much appreciated. I'm trying to play the retail version on my laptop, and it just won't use my dedicated G.P.U.

Like the other fellow, I've tried forcing it to do so through Nvidia control panel , & it hasn't worked.

Thanks,

-
    G. Ward

Dear all,

From what I can see, using this particular version of the d3d8.dll file, will allow the game to use your dedicated graphics card (thus increasing performance massively), *without* getting rid of flaming projectiles.

Download the file here: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

I should just add that I've only tested this with the retail version(s) of Rome & Barbarian Invasion (i.e. 1.5 , & 1.6) not the Steam version(s) (1.5.1) of either. So, mileage may vary. But, this is, to this day, the best fix I've found.

Another thing ppl. could try to do is disable their integrated graphics in the BIOS. This might force the game to use your graphics card.

-V

-
    G. Ward