Thread: How to return the green-blue-red markers for friendly-allied-enemy units?

Default How to return the green-blue-red markers for friendly-allied-enemy units?

You know the "Flash own,ally or enemy units" button? Some mods for whatever reason remove that useful function, how can I bring it back?

Default Re: How to return the green-blue-red markers for friendly-allied-enemy units?

Does the mod really remove it or does it just use the minimalized HUD? You can always switch that off.

Default Re: How to return the green-blue-red markers for friendly-allied-enemy units?

No it straight up does not work on some mods, its not the minimal ui.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I do remember a faulty mtw2.lnt file that does that. Or a messed up battle.sd file. Last not least there is this section in descr_ui_colur_db that might be invalidated:
    Code:
    own_marker_flash                255,   0, 255,   0
    ally_marker_flash                255,   0,   0, 255
    enemy_marker_flash                255, 255,   0,   0
    Foremost however is this: does anything happen when you hover over the faction symbol in battle, like a tooltip? If it does and nothing happens when you click it then your unit makers have been switched off by the mod's setting. It's this setting in the [game] section that needs to be set to zero: 'disable_arrow_markers'. Add it to your mod's CFG file to rectify:
    Code:
    [game]
    disable_arrow_marker = 0
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 09, 2019 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I do remember a faulty mtw2.lnt file that does that. Or a messed up battle.sd file. Last not least there is this section in descr_ui_colur_db that might be invalidated:
    Code:
    own_marker_flash                255,   0, 255,   0
    ally_marker_flash                255,   0,   0, 255
    enemy_marker_flash                255, 255,   0,   0
    Foremost however is this: does anything happen when you hover over the faction symbol in battle, like a tooltip? If it does and nothing happens when you click it then your unit makers have been switched off by the mod's setting. It's this setting in the [game] section that needs to be set to zero: 'disable_arrow_markers'. Add it to your mod's CFG file to rectify:
    Code:
    [game]
    disable_arrow_marker = 0
    Changing the cgf does nothing(in regards to the colour marker and banners) and I cannot find " descr_ui_colur_db ".

Blog Entries

Most mods have already a [game] section their CFG file in which case you just add the arrow line - I do hope you did not create a second one for the entry? And it needs to be in the mod you are playing, the main CFG file resets manual edits.

And this?: "does anything happen when you hover over the faction symbol in battle, like a tooltip?"

If you can't find descr_ui_colur_db then you don't have to worry about it being faulty.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 09, 2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Most mods have already a [game] section their CFG file in which case you just add the arrow line - I do hope you did not create a second one for the entry? And it needs to be in the mod you are playing, the main CFG file resets manual edits.
    Yes I actually checked that, there is only one [game] section, here is how it looks now.
    [game]
    disable_arrow_marker = 0
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = normal
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ;event_cutscenes = 0
    And this?: "does anything happen when you hover over the faction symbol in battle, like a tooltip?"
    Sorry, I do get the ""Flash own,ally or enemy units" ", when I hover over the button.

Blog Entries

"Flash own, ally or enemy units" - that's the tool tip for it which means the button is functional

"disable_arrow_marker = 0" (zero!) in the mod's CFG file enables the ugly green markers under the unit - are they showing?