Thread: status of empire divided overhaul.

Default status of empire divided overhaul.

i bought this dlc, and i havent proved it, waiting to recieve the proper dei treatment. i was wondering ¿how is the status of this? ¿how much time left?

Default Re: status of empire divided overhaul.

A whole lot. Work is being coducted on Rise of the republic. Only then they will re-do the empire divided.
    Look at half a year period at least.
    Last edited by Plush_Salmon; December 06, 2019 at 02:15 AM. Reason: misclick

To be honest I am not sure we will ever get to it. We have some assets that are useable (and there is a submod that uses Constantine assets for it). But we have limited time nowadays and most of it is spent finalizing the main mod and working on Alexander. Its more likely we will have a new scenario submod set in a normal mod timeframe than have an overhaul for ED simply because the amount of units is prohibitive.

It is at least playable right now, even if the units are vanilla. I would say our priorities over the next year are probably - main mod final stuff, submods/Alexander/new scenario?, RoR fix for some rosters (looking at you nuragic culture) and then perhaps ED.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 06, 2019 at 09:16 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    To be honest I am not sure we will ever get to it. We have some assets that are useable (and there is a submod that uses Constantine assets for it). But we have limited time nowadays and most of it is spent finalizing the main mod and working on Alexander. Its more likely we will have a new scenario submod set in a normal mod timeframe than have an overhaul for ED simply because the amount of units is prohibitive.

It is at least playable right now, even if the units are vanilla. I would say our priorities over the next year are probably - main mod final stuff, submods/Alexander/new scenario?, RoR fix for some rosters (looking at you nuragic culture) and then perhaps ED.
    Would it be possible to at least add some stuff from the Grand Campaign to the Empire Divided campaign or would that require too much work? Like the unique cities' thingy for important cities (Alexandria, Antioch, Bibracte, Athens etc.) and also replace the Roman temples with the new ones from ED as well. I would much prefer these basic things because I don't think you guys need to overhaul the units or something time-consuming like that, these things could come much later, there's already plenty of submods that overhaul the ED units that work just fine with DeI.

As for the new scenario, please be Caesar's civil war, please be Caesar's civil war... sorry, I got too excited thinking about the possibilities.

There is a great submod already, Resitvtor Orbis for DeI that reskins all the units in Empire Divided that is based on Constantine: Rise of Christianity. That should help you through the direst cravings

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    There is a great submod already, Resitvtor Orbis for DeI that reskins all the units in Empire Divided that is based on Constantine: Rise of Christianity. That should help you through the direst cravings
    Indeed, there's already many submods that overhaul the units, I use the "Imperial Legions of the Third Century" mod and it works just fine with DeI. I just wish the campaign systems were given more work to make it feel both like the vanilla DLC (new temples for example) and the DeI Grand Campaign. It's my favorite Rome 2 DLC but I understand if the team is too busy to update it.

In ED campaign roman garrisons use textures from RotR campaign.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It would be very good if this little detail will be changed, because this textures is too anachronistic even near units from GC.

Thanks for your attention!

A screenshot for the previous post. It was not loaded because of some error.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavat95 View Post
    A screenshot for the previous post. It was not loaded because of some error.

If you read the thread, you know that the ED is not being worked-on and probably will not be in the known timeframe. Off topic question came to mind however, would it be possible to reuse assets from Attila (maybe even FOTE) in Rome II? This would perhaps be an advantage to the modding of ED campaign, since there is only 100-ish years between ED and Attila rosters

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Good question

PLease , do what you can for modding ED, even the littlest modification of ED with DEI features would be great ( Restitutor Orbis for DEI is not good enough, you have AoR with Dei stat stronger than legionaries)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

ED already has DeI systems in it, just not new units.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

It's that the AoR makes the campaign unplayable, it feels wierd that 3rd century legions are fighting Italian swordsmen or the like, also balancing is an issue.

Can you guys disable AoR? This way the campaign immersion wouldn't affected