Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Experimental Battle Pack] - Episode IV - A New Hope (Obsolete)

Default Re: [Experimental Battle Pack] - Episode IV - A New Hope (12.09.2019)

Given what Jake said, am I right to assume that this submod will clash with the Hardcore (CAI / No CAI) submod wrt to the unit costs? Or is the increased cost in Hardcore done through some global multiplier that will simply increase the experimental battle pack prices proportionally?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Given what Jake said, am I right to assume that this submod will clash with the Hardcore (CAI / No CAI) submod wrt to the unit costs? Or is the increased cost in Hardcore done through some global multiplier that will simply increase the experimental battle pack prices proportionally?
    It is fully compatible with hardcore 'cause, as you said, the pack has global multipliers (and not individually set into land_units_tables)

The new battle pack is simply marvelous in many aspects, I will post a more detailed review in the future.

Civis

Great work guys!!

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

I'd like to make a suggestion. There are some shock cav who functions as horse archers but they stand and shoot. They are well handled by a human player but AI does not know how it works. So these shock cav stand and shoot and wait to get charged by human player. Very easy win. Not to mention they do not skirmish (since they are classed as shock cav).
    They should be classed as skirmisher cav or like what you did with Elephants, their missiles should be changed to precursors.
    Last edited by Paladin94610; December 17, 2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

KAM - I've seen you commenting in the MKTW thread. So perhaps you've played a battle there. Maybe you can share your thoughts about the differences have you noticed as compared to the DeI or the Attila base?

(ehm, it's a politically correct version of the question "what do you think about the battle system in the MKTW" ;-)

Finally been able to play a bit, I like it so far, battles feel alot more "up in the air" and dynamic.

Senator

Default Re: [Experimental Battle Pack] - Episode IV - A New Hope (12.06.2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

I would be cautious with lowering javelin range as values in DeI are based on how game engine and AI treat them rather than real life values. For example any javelin unit with range below 60 will bug quite a lot. 80 meters seems to be best spot for minimum javelin range as anything less than that forces AI to fall back.

I have the javelins at about 50 to 65 meters and precursor heavy javelins, like pila, at 40 to 45 meters. I don't have such bad experience but I probably have to look more intensively at skirmisher behavior.

BTW your new, mesmerizing and frightening picture alone could make me changing back to DeI stats as you demand, and also create nightmares possibly.

Default Re: [Experimental Battle Pack] - Episode IV - A New Hope (12.06.2019)

Excellent work, Kam. This totally changes the feel of battles in an amazing way.

So........I am going to do what they call a "pro-d*** move"
    When will this will be added to main mod?

What does everyone think about javelin pre-cursors? I find them really useful, but atleast against Rome, they literally wipe one or two units out of my line while approaching theirs, even worse if they are on the offensive and I'm playing greeks. Just curious what your thoughts are.<br><br>As for the pack, so far so good, battles feel really good, specially cavalry. Haven't found anything close to bugs or weird behaviour yet. Today I should siege Roma in my campaign, will try to get some good siege equipment going and get a nice battle to see how it works.

Found my answer, think I'll just stick with 1.6.1 Testudo.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; December 21, 2019 at 05:24 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Experimental Battle Pack] - Episode IV - A New Hope (12.23.2019)

New patch is out

-small mass, morale and HP reduction for ranged units, nothing major but they should rout easier
    -small increase to flanking (from -5 to -7) and rear (from -15 to -18) morale penalties
    -bottom tier melee weapons have their AP damage reduced by 1
    -javelin ammo increased by +1
    -lowered hidden javelin bonus vs infantry from 5 to 3 damage
    -lowered sling base damage from 7 to 5; AP is the same

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin94610 View Post
    I'd like to make a suggestion. There are some shock cav who functions as horse archers but they stand and shoot. They are well handled by a human player but AI does not know how it works. So these shock cav stand and shoot and wait to get charged by human player. Very easy win. Not to mention they do not skirmish (since they are classed as shock cav).
    They should be classed as skirmisher cav or like what you did with Elephants, their missiles should be changed to precursors.
    Thanks, I forgot that part! Luckily fix is easy as I just need to move them to other class or take away ranged attack, I might decide depending on a unit. Precursor bows also sound neat but I might need to test it first

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    BTW your new, mesmerizing and frightening picture alone could make me changing back to DeI stats as you demand, and also create nightmares possibly.
    Thats only time I tried to cosplay anything so I picked Witcher
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Found my answer, think I'll just stick with 1.6.1 Testudo.
    I don't know if it's DeI or all my submods (only Testudo alters scripts) but not playing for a while, looking at Seleucid roster, the top 2 pikemen were so different they may have well been different melee types. Going to focus on making logical alternate history units and scripting reforms (want a mod where each faction can have 10+ if they fulfill certain different requirements). Since everybody is loving this, will probably use it as a guide for unit design/stats.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; December 26, 2019 at 12:32 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    -lowered hidden javelin bonus vs infantry from 5 to 3 damage
    KAM, I actually haven't heard about these "hidden" bonuses. What does it mean? (they don't appear in the stats?) What are other hidden ones?
    BTW, I really like that numerical information is added on the unit in-battle info now (on fatigue and morale).

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

While melee weapons have these bonus vs unit type easily displayed, same does not apply to ranged units.

Basically to balance some stuff out, I have moved a portion of base damage to only apply vs certain units.

Lets say, ranged damage is taking too big tool on cavalry while it barely does anything to infantry. There are a lot things you could in theory do to fix it but they would require a lot more work and testing as they would impact other aspects of combat. It is just more convinient to make make it so that ranged weapon X does 20 damage to all units but also +3 vs infantry and +25 to elephants etc.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I'm enjoying the new battle pack a lot so far. I have noticed though that both in this submod and in the main DeI mod the Tarantine cavalry that Rome can recruit (both Romanized and AOR) has a lot higher armor stat than the same unit that all the other factions have access to. Is this intended or some leftover that has slipped through the cracks? It doesn't make sense to have such a large disparity; they have the same name and the same portrait across Roman and Greek factions, nor is there to the best of my knowledge a historical claim that somehow the Tarantine cav from Taras itself (or generally the Italic version of this type of unit) was much more heavily armored.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Senator

After I clicked on the download button on the mediafire page, suddenly I got a loud persistent noise. First I thought there was a problem with my speakers, I toned them down and downloaded the pack file. Then, after closing the mediafire page, I saw a message window in the background with the warning that my system is corrupted and files will be deleted, etc. The fake message window could simply be deactivated, however it was not very funny. Did anybody have a similar experience?

No, but it sounds like you may have clicked on one of the ads on the site by accident. Also FYI, the battle pack has been getting regular updates on Steam, so my advise is to use that version to stay current.

@KAM - What about the hoplite spacing thung you were talking with a fella few pages back ? did you manage to get them closer without any flickering dance???

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast