Thread: Having two EBII installations in parallel

Default Having two EBII installations in parallel

I would like to install the newest version of the total conversion (2.35) and start with a different faction. However, I would like to hold on to my 2.3 Roman campaign that is taking forever and that I feel attached to.

The installation instruction states that I need to remove any previous versions in order to install the new version. Also, changing the EBII folder name does not affect choosing the mod in the launcher. Is there any way I can run two different versions for the two campaigns?

Default Re: Having two EBII installations in parallel

Maybe you could try renaming one of your EBII installations to one of the Kingdoms campaigns, like teutonics and then play that campaign from steam while the launcher will be for the other installation

Default Re: Having two EBII installations in parallel

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Maybe you could try renaming one of your EBII installations to one of the Kingdoms campaigns, []
    That sounds like a good suggestion and I appreciate it. However, I wonder if I understand it fully. Nothing would of course stop me from having a backup folder of "ebii" under the mods folder and then switch them around, but I am concerned that some of the actual Medieval II files will be overwritten. If that is so, then the game will become unplayable with the old 2.3 backup folder active.

By the way; holy hell. Now that I am making a backup, I can see that the ebii folder is 33 gb in size! That is pretty impressive for a mod in an old game! I had to install it on C: for some reason, as I recall, and my system SSD might not have room for the backup. So yes, something might be stopping me after all!