Thread: Removing walls and gates

Default Removing walls and gates

I need to remove walls and gates from town, large town, city and large city. I managed to locate the relevant 3d models by exporting the complexes and checking them one by one, but deleting them doesnt work as my troops still wont move inside the settlements despite not having physical walls. They just stand there and use breaching points only to move inside - from non existent walls.
    So what am I missing here? How do I force my units to ignore the walls?
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Default Re: Removing walls and gates

The bit that stops them was never actually the wall structures... it's just the .worldpathfinding file - you need to delete the blocked areas where the walls used to be

In IWTE - use the "File Type" button on far top right - select "world files" then *.worldpathfinding from the drop down list

open your .worldpathfinding file - expand the 2d view window so you can see it properly - click the 'edit' button in the box by the file name - increase the brush size to something sensible - use right click with your mouse to remove the bits you don't want blocked

save - it will save the file in /IWTEsave folder under wherever your IWTE.exe is - copy that file and use it to replace the old one