Thread: Restoring the Animated Main Menu? [SOLVED]

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Default Restoring the Animated Main Menu? [SOLVED]

Here's another one...

What if I wanted to restore the main menu animation backdrop in my copy of SS (Or in my case, replace it with a custom one of my own creation)?

For me, the dump0000.bik movie (the animated silhouetted soldiers loop) just won't play, even after making sure the medieval2.preference.cfg file reads "no_background_fmv = 0".

I edited the default.cfg file and set "no_background_fmv=true" to "false"

I even pulled out the default.cfg, the launcher generated a replacement SS6.3.cfg, and I did the same thing again. No dice.

I even disabled the _m2_border.tga and backdrop.tga images, in the off-chance they were masking it, but all I see is that dark blue horses image in the vanilla backdrop.tga.

I'm pretty stumped here.... how is SS disabling the main menu movie? What file is doing it? If it's in the mtw2.int file, I'm not recognizing the line entry, and I examined it using Winmerge against it's vanilla counterpart.

EDIT: It turns out that there should also be a "movies=true" entry in the default.cfg file, and a "movies = 1" entry in the medieval2.preference.cfg. If they are not present, add them in. Cheers Gigantus.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; December 05, 2019 at 12:47 PM.