Thread: Campaign

Default Campaign

What is state of this mod ?? Is campaign been done or still in development?? I played this mod already on Rome 2 but I really looking forward for a campaign.

Default Re: Campaign

Apparently CA is ending support for the creation of custom startpos in janurary too so hopefully they are almost done!

What. No more custom factions? No more ability to change the campaign map? Is this for future titles or current games as well?

If so I'm done with Total War. Mods are what brought these games to a high quality. CA won't do that so I have no reason to play.

Ya it will remove the ability to make overhauls like MK for Attila, fortunately we are trying to work on some solutions including reaching out to CA. Make sure to reach out to them if you want to keep total war games alive. We have until January 6 when they officially discontinue support for the legacy launcher that we use to compile the startpos.
    Last edited by Athos187; December 04, 2019 at 06:38 PM.

Do you have any source for that too?

Ya play the game with the legacy launcher enabled, there is a nice big message saying they are discontinuing support for it on there

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Apparently CA is ending support for the creation of custom startpos in janurary too so hopefully they are almost done!
    Ya it will remove the ability to make overhauls like MK for Attila, fortunately we are trying to work on some solutions including reaching out to CA. Make sure to reach out to them if you want to keep total war games alive. We have until January 6 when they officially discontinue support for the legacy launcher that we use to compile the startpos.
    Ya play the game with the legacy launcher enabled, there is a nice big message saying they are discontinuing support for it on there
    Could you post more information, in detail what it means for modders, about that here, so anyone can find it easier?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Everyone please get on reddit and upvote our post bringing up this issue with CA: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...m_medium=web2x

They have already responded tentatively but if enough people show they care it can help show them how much this move could hurt their wallets.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

What is that legacy launcher? Why a simple launcher being discontinued means no startpos mods?

What if we use custom launchers or something?

Would it affect R2TW too? How about S2TW, NTW etc?
    Last edited by alhoon; December 06, 2019 at 04:25 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    How about S2TW, NTW etc?
    I don't think it would affect NTW as it doesn't have a Steam Workshop, but I am not sure how it is with S2TW though.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Well this is about Assembly Kit right? For R2/Attila AS is using old launcher for processing/compilation new startpos.

Manual changes via PFM or unpacking ESF file back into XML tables is still viable option for startpos editing. But. It is way slower, manual thus prone to mistakes and pain in the ass if you want to add multiple new factions etc....
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

via Dresden:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...her-affect-DEI

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It seems they listened and are at least postponing the removal https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...42u/?context=3
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Ya it should be sorted, they will wait until the new launcher is able to compile startpos

why is everyone wearing helmet in campaign and campaign battle but not in custom battle?

custom battle

I would love to see my Otto beard and other graf's face in campaign instead faceless helmet guy