Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The latest complain about Turkey thread (get your daily Turkish delight of bad publicity here)!

Default The latest complain about Turkey thread (get your daily Turkish delight of bad publicity here)!

Similarly to the spirit of its "Liberal Rant" predecessor, this thread is specially designed for discussing any news, conspiracies or rumours that could portray the Republic of Turkey or her government into a negative light. All future threads lacking any logical and sufficient basis for discussion should be moved here, in order to facilitate debate. Please keep in mind that the Terms of Service apply everywhere, so you should always refrain from insulting your interlocutor, hate-speech, flaming and etc.

Default The latest complain about Turkey thread (get your daily Turkish delight of bad publicity here)!

Leader of second largest NATO military and President of Turkey, Tayip Erdogan said on October the 25th that "Our God commands us to be violent to the kuffar".
    This statement, uttered after the muslim Friday prayers by the leader of the so-called secular Turkey was largely unnoticed by most western media, however it begs the question
    of whether Turkey is a country that NATO can or should still include in its member list, as such a statement, inciting violence against people based on religious beliefs (or lack thereof)
    not only goes against the main principles of NATO, but even those of modern Western societies.
    Religious discrimination is not what NATO and the West stand for, and it is high time that the issue was addressed. Turkey's strategic geographic position can no longer be a free pass for openly racist comments by its leader.
    I would like the opinions of the members as to what (if anything) should be done about the recent statements as well as actions in Syria, as Erdogan directly linked this statement with Turkey's actions in Syria, (see links).

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/...lamic-holy-war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoBaBCkplVs
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 01, 2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Housekeeping.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The latest complain about Turkey thread (get your daily Turkish delight of bad publicity here)!

Here's a crazy conspiracy therory... this thread has actually been set up by the Turkish government to find traitors in the Total War Center community!

Default Re: The latest complain about Turkey thread (get your daily Turkish delight of bad publicity here)!

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Leader of second largest NATO military and President of Turkey, Tayip Erdogan said on October the 25th that "Our God commands us to be violent to the kuffar".
    This statement, uttered after the muslim Friday prayers by the leader of the so-called secular Turkey was largely unnoticed by most western media, however it begs the question
    of whether Turkey is a country that NATO can or should still include in its member list, as such a statement, inciting violence against people based on religious beliefs (or lack thereof)
    not only goes against the main principles of NATO, but even those of modern Western societies.
    Religious discrimination is not what NATO and the West stand for, and it is high time that the issue was addressed. Turkey's strategic geographic position can no longer be a free pass for openly racist comments by its leader.
    I would like the opinions of the members as to what (if anything) should be done about the recent statements as well as actions in Syria, as Erdogan directly linked this statement with Turkey's actions in Syria, (see links).
    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/...lamic-holy-war
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoBaBCkplVs
    I always wonder how people pick such trivial stories over countless legitimately bad stories about Erdoğan. His words were uttered as the Turkish operation in Syria was ongoing against YPG, who are mostly Muslims. So, I guess Erdoğan was discriminating against Muslims? In reality, his remarks were no different than Bush calling his fight with terrorism a crusade. By your logic, you should have called for USA being removed from NATO back then as well...

On the other hand, NATO is a military alliance. It's not a human rights movement. Just like it was of no of concern when Trump initiated the Muslim ban or when the French initiated the veil ban it is of no concern when a Muslim president makes allegedly discriminating remarks.
    The Armenian Issue

I always wonder how people pick such trivial stories
    The President of a republic making an openly racist comment is a "trivial story". Really. You don't say.

His words were uttered as the Turkish operation in Syria was ongoing against YPG, who are mostly Muslims.
    Come on, we all know about the huge enmity between Sunni muslims, the majority in Turkey, and Shia muslims (pro Assad troops of iranian origin). Furthermore, kurdish anti-turkey fighters are atheist (Marxist, if I am not mistaken). On top of all that, there are also Christians in Syria who have been the target of the FSA/SNA since the onset of the war, even back in 2011. FFS!

https://www.globalresearch.ca/christ...nocide/5696322

In reality, his remarks were no different than Bush calling his fight with terrorism a crusade.
    Ridiculous claim, since Bush spoke of a "Crusade against Evil", not against the "Unbelievers". You are just trying to throw a decoy. Not gonna work.
    Erdogan used a racist term, to refer to people who are non-muslim. Had he also said that the turkish army would fight against "evil" or whatnot, there would have been no problem. But he deliberately chose to use a racist slur.There is nothing you can say to change that.

And since we're here, what the is this?

This is a map posted by Cagatay Ercyes, reportedly being the "deal" between Turkey and Lybia. Where the is Kastelorizzo's EEZ? Who gave Turkey the right to unilaterally decide that Kastelorizzo has no EEZ?

The President of a republic making an openly racist comment is a "trivial story". Really. You don't say.
    That's kinda your own self-fulfilling prophecy.

Come on, we all know about the huge enmity between Sunni muslims, the majority in Turkey, and Shia muslims (pro Assad troops of iranian origin). Furthermore, kurdish anti-turkey fighters are atheist (Marxist, if I am not mistaken). On top of all that, there are also Christians in Syria who have been the target of the FSA/SNA since the onset of the war, even back in 2011. FFS!
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/christ...nocide/5696322
    Sigh... I love how when Kurds fight Turks they're atheists but when the same Kurds do honor killings in Germany they're backward conservative Muslims from Turkey... So, you're saying that he was being discriminatory against other Muslims and atheists.

Ridiculous claim, since Bush spoke of a "Crusade against Evil", not against the "Unbelievers". You are just trying to throw a decoy. Not gonna work.
    Erdogan used a racist term, to refer to people who are non-muslim. Had he also said that the turkish army would fight against "evil" or whatnot, there would have been no problem. But he deliberately chose to use a racist slur.There is nothing you can say to change that.
    You know very well who he was referring to. What he said was no different than what Bush said. You're just trying to create some pointless arbitrary criteria to create a non-existent difference. Seriously, when there is so many legitimate concerns and you decide to focus on this fallacy of yours it shows how bigoted your position is. So, just by insisting on it you're dismantling your criticism. So, please, continue, by all means.

This is a map posted by Cagatay Ercyes, reportedly being the "deal" between Turkey and Lybia. Where the is Kastelorizzo's EEZ? Who gave Turkey the right to unilaterally decide that Kastelorizzo has no EEZ?
    I don't know. Perhaps, they get those right from wherever Greece gets the idea that a tiny island like Katelorizo can cut off almost the entire EEZ of the southern Turkish coast.
    The Armenian Issue

from wherever Greece gets the idea that a tiny island like Katelorizo can cut off almost the entire EEZ of the southern Turkish coast
    You mean the Law of the Sea? Nah, Turkey hasn't even signed it.

Sigh... I love how when Kurds fight Turks they're atheists but when the same Kurds do honor killings in Germany they're backward conservative Muslims from Turkey...
    The Kurds fighting Turks are OTHER than the Kurds doing honor killings in Germany. Kurds fighting Turks are mainly atheist, because the PKK as well as the YPG AFAIK are marxist. Not all Kurds are the same, you know.
    But what does honor killing has to do with being an atheist or a muslim? Are you saying that all muslims commit honour killings, or that no atheist will commit an honour killing?

he was being discriminatory against other Muslims
    And Christians. Of course he is, just like his homeboys, the Daesh. Are you saying that the Sunni Daesh are not killing other Muslims, as well as baathists (who are essentially secular) Yezidis and Christians?

What he said was no different than what Bush said.
    Yes it was. Bush spoke of "evil" and even so he got some eurocringe because he used the word crusade, whereas Erdo spoke of the kuffar, which I guess includes me, or atheists, as well. Tell us, are Christians and even more, atheists, not kuffar in your religion? It's amazing that the muslim religion even uses this term and nobody bats an eyelid.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    I always wonder how people pick such trivial stories over countless legitimately bad stories about Erdoğan. His words were uttered as the Turkish operation in Syria was ongoing against YPG, who are mostly Muslims. So, I guess Erdoğan was discriminating against Muslims? In reality, his remarks were no different than Bush calling his fight with terrorism a crusade. By your logic, you should have called for USA being removed from NATO back then as well...

On the other hand, NATO is a military alliance. It's not a human rights movement. Just like it was of no of concern when Trump initiated the Muslim ban or when the French initiated the veil ban it is of no concern when a Muslim president makes allegedly discriminating remarks.
    Still, it’s inappropriate for Erdo to invoke religion in a military campaign, no?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

You mean the Law of the Sea? Nah, Turkey hasn't even signed it.
    The Kurds fighting Turks are OTHER than the Kurds doing honor killings in Germany. Kurds fighting Turks are mainly atheist, because the PKK as well as the YPG AFAIK are marxist. Not all Kurds are the same, you know.
    But what does honor killing has to do with being an atheist or a muslim? Are you saying that all muslims commit honour killings, or that no atheist will commit an honour killing?
    And Christians. Of course he is, just like his homeboys, the Daesh. Are you saying that the Sunni Daesh are not killing other Muslims, as well as baathists (who are essentially secular) Yezidis and Christians?
    Yes it was. Bush spoke of "evil" and even so he got some eurocringe because he used the word crusade, whereas Erdo spoke of the kuffar, which I guess includes me, or atheists, as well. Tell us, are Christians and even more, atheists, not kuffar in your religion? It's amazing that the muslim religion even uses this term and nobody bats an eyelid.
    Since you're all over the place I think its safe to say your position have been exposed for the bigotry it contained. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Still, it’s inappropriate for Erdo to invoke religion in a military campaign, no?
    Kinda depends on how it was invoked. When it was done like that it was simply trivial, especially given how ioannis76's interpretation doesn't ring true with reality. Turkey was in Syria fighting other Muslims while getting the OK from Russia and USA, aka Christians. So, I have as much problem with it as I had with Bush referring to fight against terrorism a crusade.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

Is it trivial to say we should commit violence against kuffar?
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Is it trivial to say we should commit violence against kuffar?
    When the context is being violent against terrorists, yeah, sure. It is trivial. I've never seen any head of state say that they'll be gentle. I'd much prefer them to indicate that they'll be just but them saying that they'll be rough doesn't really make me lose sleep.
    The Armenian Issue

Default Re: USA - NATO - Turkey

Meanwhile, the US referred to the Lybia-Turkey memorandum as unhelpful and provocative.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/247126/a...rs-provocative

Turkey "settled" the maritime zones with Lybia in a preposterous map completely disregarding the Law of the Sea and the EEZ generated by the Greek island of Kastelorizzo as well as a number of other islands.
    Good job Erdogan, on shooting Turkey in the foot.

Meanwhile, the US referred to the Lybia-Turkey memorandum as unhelpful and provocative.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/247126/a...rs-provocative

Turkey "settled" the maritime zones with Lybia in a preposterous map completely disregarding the Law of the Sea and the EEZ generated by the Greek island of Kastelorizzo as well as a number of other islands.
    Good job Erdogan, on shooting Turkey in the foot.
    Are you Editor of that Site? Since i have seen not any provided Source from the US side and can you please explain how the map is completely disregarding the Law of the Sea? Because in that case many Countries must a draw new Borderline.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Are you Editor of that Site? Since i have seen not any provided Source from the US side and can you please explain how the map is completely disregarding the Law of the Sea? Because in that case many Countries must a draw new Borderline.
    Since you must be an expert in politics can you enlight us all with the part of the Mondego Bay Maritime Law that refers to islands and their right or NOT to have exclusive economic zone? Please find that artcle in that treaty and share your unlimited wisdom with us. Untill then ...You would better stop posting because you embarace your fellow countrymen.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Since you must be an expert in politics can you enlight us all with the part of the Mondego Bay Maritime Law that refers to islands and their right or NOT to have exclusive economic zone? Please find that artcle in that treaty and share your unlimited wisdom with us. Untill then ...You would better stop posting because you embarace your fellow countrymen.
    It's right in the beginning:
    Recognizing the desirability of establishing through this Convention, with due regard for the sovereignty of all States, a legal order for the seas and oceans which will facilitate international communication, and will promote the peaceful uses of the seas and oceans, the equitable and efficient utilization of their resources, the conservation of their living resources, and the study, protection and preservation of the marine environment,

Bearing in mind that the achievement of these goals will contribute to the realization of a just and equitable international economic order which takes into account the interests and needs of mankind as a whole and, in particular, the special interests and needs of developing countries, whether coastal or land-locked,
    Emphasis are mine. This idea of equity is what makes Greek desires a violation of the UNCLOS. France played the role of Greece before in the Saint-Pierre and Miquelon case against France and ended up only getting 18% of the EEZ that they would get if we followed Greek approach.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; December 10, 2019 at 08:41 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

France played the role of Greece before in the Saint-Pierre and Miquelon case against France and ended up only getting 18% of the EEZ that they would get if we followed Greek approach.
    What was France claiming, and how is it the same as the Greek approach?

What was France claiming, and how is it the same as the Greek approach?
    Saint Pierre and Miquelon are French islands very close to the Canadian Newfoundland. Newfoundland is about 2000 times larger than the French islands. France wanted to apply the UNCLOS in the most straight forward manner which cut almost the entire southern EEZ of the shores of Newfoundland. This case is quite analogous to Kastelorizo's situation across the Antalya region of Turkey that faces a number of small Greek islands.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Probably this is the only reply that you will get from me, but again you are posting without any clue about something that you have even don´t read it, i guess i cannot expect more from someone that everyone makes fun of it, atleast we are seeing your "brightness" on some Subreddits of Totalwar.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I think that Turkey has a bright future. It should send an army to Libya, cause its ally is sort of almost dead. Maybe open a couple more fronts; Syria and Libya aren't enough, for when the central war happens you need more enemies on every side and alienating all other med countries seems the way to go if you are a serious power in your dream
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    I think that Turkey has a bright future. It should send an army to Libya, cause its ally is sort of almost dead. Maybe open a couple more fronts; Syria and Libya aren't enough, for when the central war happens you need more enemies on every side and alienating all other med countries seems the way to go if you are a serious power in your dream
    Funny that the Mighty Leader of the "Neo-Byzantine-Society" and Greece is supporting a Warlord which is even not the UNO recognizing, how you wanna blame in this case Turkey?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast