Thread: Fixing the Middle Earth total war mod

Default Fixing the Middle Earth total war mod

Hi guys! The Middle Earth TW mod is one of the best mods out there. However, it is unfinished and buggy. I was wondering if anyone is still interested in reviving this mod. I can help, of course. I have re-textured many of the Middle Earth units which can be used to re-build/fix this mod. The one reason I cannot revive the mod all by myself is the map. I cannot make a new map or even modify the current one. Feedback or help in this regard would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Default Re: Fixing the Middle Earth total war mod

A lot of views and no response, as usual

Well, I'm playing this mod now and it crashes at random for no apparent reason. Has anyone been able to figure out why this could be happening? Please enlighten me if you have any clue. Cheers!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

To be fair, this game is 17 years old so interest would realistically be low as many of us don't even have it installed. As for the bugs, I am not aware but perhaps it has to do with the operating system not working well with a game that old?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

All the other MTW mods are working just fine. This mod crashes at random points for no apparent reason. What is worse is that even if you load a save, the game will crash at exactly the same point no matter what. This is why I cannot proceed with any campaign. The Custom Battles are great, however.

I concur it is quite an old game but it is superior to many newer titles in the franchise, which is why I have not given up on it. Cheers!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Leith1970 View Post
    I concur it is quite an old game but it is superior to many newer titles in the franchise, which is why I have not given up on it. Cheers!
    Agreed. You know, I get the same nostalgalic feeling every time I start a new game in either MTW or Morrowind. Of course I also feel the same thing in RTW too.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Whenever I play a new mod for RTW or MTW2, I ask myself: how would it feel to play this mod in the MTW engine? I especially feel this way while playing the Fourth age/Third age total war mods. This is one of the few times I wish I were rich so I would pay those modders to convert the MTW engine into a Middle Earth total war one. Alas, this dream is so far-fetched.