Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What does Christmas mean to you?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: What does Christmas mean to you?

First off He got Himself killed by the Jewish leadership who manipulated Pilate into doing so.
    One way or the other the point is that ultimately the hard fact from the roman perspective is was a Jewish trouble maker got executed.

all Scripture is a back reading as is all other history
    No in this case you focus on the seed is a forced interpretation that only makes sense if you are trying link in the NT.

Thirdly, the story of us is by God for God, us being bitpart players in it
    Only under one not universal story.

How silly you are about that was written even before the worlds were made

Err written were?

That's the power and majesty of God. Bill Gates could never have dreamed that up since Bill Gates is just another creation of God.
    You are missing willfully or otherwise the point of the comment. God is rather poor at patching his creation.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: What does Christmas mean to you?

conon394,

The Jews had the choice between Jesus or Barabbas and in chosing the latter sealed Jesus' death. Do get things in order.

It's not my focus on the " seed " rather God Himself followed up by all the other prophets in their telling of how He would die. That death and resurrection told in the New Testament is a corroboration of what was written of in the Old.

Of course it's a universal story.

If you had really read a Bible you would see it is all done and dusted in God's time yet not in ours.

God isn't patching anything as everything is going according to His story. He even knows what you are going to reply before you do it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789