Thread: Recruitment in foreign territory?

Default Recruitment in foreign territory?

Just wondering if this is just me or if it is a deliberate design decision, but when I take a territory I cannot seem to be able to recruit any new units. Am I missing something or was this a deliberate feature?

Playing as Sweden is almost impossible if this is deliberate considering the limited number of units they can recruit in Sweden and Finland and the fact your likely to be at war with at least three different nations at once. And without the ability to at least put down a garrison troop to control public order makes it especially hard to defend yourself effectively. I understand if this was supposed to limit player expansion, but with an AI that will not declare accept peace it makes the limit just an annoying handicap.

I don't think that sort of limit would be that bad if the economy wasn't so limited either because then replenishing your troops would help to even out the recruitment limits and help keep you in the game against a surrounding AI. But replenishing your troops is just, if not more expensive, as recruiting a brand new unit so it is almost impossible to keep your army at full strength.

Default Re: Recruitment in foreign territory?

Still going with the recruitment being disabled by design argument, as a temporary solution would it be possible for wooden forts to be implemented as the first stage of city fortifications? I'm just thinking that a public order bonus could be given to the forts as a way to at least remove the possibility of revolts in newly conquered territories after the army moves off