Thread: Trouble editing campaign script in SS 6.4

Default Trouble editing campaign script in SS 6.4

I've been having trouble during my campaigns where large factions occasionally die out do to losing all their family members. I was hoping to add the following script for example into the campaign script:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType hre
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfHeirs hre < 4
    and I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 1

spawn_army
    faction hre
    character random_name, named character, age 20, x 143, y 206, family
    traits MilitaryInclination 2 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 1 , Loyal 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit NE Bodyguard exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

I try to add this below the part of Campaign Scripts txt file where it states:

;=======================================================;
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;
    ;=======================================================;

However, when I do this and start a new campaign, I get an error bar located on the left side of the minimap. Furthermore, I'm not getting the event notifications (ie: Mongols invading) that I would normally get when starting a late campaign.

Am I editing the campaign script file correctly? I am using notepad++. I'm using the campaign script file from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script

Default Re: Trouble editing campaign script in SS 6.4

you're more likely to get a good answer if you ask in the scripting section of mod workshop, here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...-and-Scripting

i am not an expert scripter but some tips i can provide, dont use space bar or enter key, dont mess with the spaces in this file (campaign_script), always use only ctrl+c and ctrl+v to copy things around, again i am not an expert but that's how i always did it and it always worked for me

try duplicating an already existing script and then change it comepletely into what you need rather than adding an entirely new one, i think you're way less likely to disturb things that way