Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tweeting politics and science.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tweeting politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Anti-feminist? Allowing inherently physically superior trans girls to demoralize and discourage cis girls in athletics is ..."feminism"? Really?
    you want to prohibit a woman from competing against other women.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cheerleading is a sportive activity in US schools too. Men are better now even as Cheerleader? And why are trans men forced to take the female team, if there is a female team in the same sport, if born men are always stronger?

The true goal of this law is the good old US tradition of discrimination by segregation.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    you want to prohibit a woman from competing against other women.
    lol
    Do you agree with weight divisions? How about age group divisions? Should those even exist? After all, there are no differences between women right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    lol
    Do you agree with weight divisions? How about age group divisions? Should those even exist? After all, there are no differences between women right?
    I have not said anything about abolishing the various categories. Why do you want to prohibit women from competing with other women in the corresponding categories?

Well, you are pretending that there is no real physical difference between trans girls and cis girls and they should compete in their corresponding categories, but back then those categories were created with only cis girls in mind.
    Letting trans girls compete in those categories would give them unfair advantage ...or do you disagree with that? Do you think that would be a fair competition?

Cheerleading? When I was in school, 4+ decades ago, cheerleading was coed. Things like wrestling, boxing, football etc were not.

Blog Entries

a trans woman is a woman, she can not be discriminated, you can not let her compete with other women. If you are so worried about physical power, lets create a new cathegory for super strength people like, dont know, serena williams or roberto carlos.

There may be coed teams, but its still mostly a 'girls' sport.

Or where is here the male cheerleader?

https://msueagles.com/news/2017/5/2/cheerleading-five-morehead-state-cheerleaders-lead-us-national-team-to-all-girl-world-title.aspx

And i still have no answer, why transgender men shall be forced to join the female team.

Must the strong men be protected?

We are talking about school sport here, not professional sport.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 17, 2021 at 04:36 PM.

a trans woman is a woman, she can not be discriminated, you can not let her compete with other women. If you are so worried about physical power, lets create a new cathegory for super strength people like, dont know, serena williams or roberto carlos.
    This is not a matter of psychological identity but cold, hard biology. Biological sexes have different skeletal and muscular development, and even if you go all the way with reassignment surgery and hormones, it'll take decades-if ever-until the differences become negligible. In modern society, the biological differences often aren't important and psychological identity can take precedence, but there are still a few matters in which it plays role, and it would be foolish to ignore it. Or you end up with "brave" MMA fighter breaking skulls of her opponents because she enjoys the advantage of decades of male development.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    This is not a matter of psychological identity but cold, hard biology. Biological sexes have different skeletal and muscular development, and even if you go all the way with reassignment surgery and hormones, it'll take decades-if ever-until the differences become negligible. In modern society, the biological differences often aren't important and psychological identity can take precedence, but there are still a few matters in which it plays role, and it would be foolish to ignore it. Or you end up with "brave" MMA fighter breaking skulls of her opponents because she enjoys the advantage of decades of male development.
    I didnt even thought we were talking about gender.

Do you want to prohibit women from participating in a sport with other women for fear of an avalanche of people submitting for years to hormonal changes and very serious surgery in order to stand out in a sport? Really? May I ask you what is your opinion regarding the change of sex? Maybe you just object to it.

Again, trans women are women, you can not prohibit them to play sports. If some of them present a physical superiority, bad luck. We have all faced a specially developed boy in the schoolyard, many tennis players have cursed the day Serena Williams was born.
    Last edited by mishkin; March 18, 2021 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    And i still have no answer, why transgender men shall be forced to join the female team.
    I might be misunderstanding the proposed law but arent they saying the opposite?

"Students of the female sex who previously participated in athletic teams or sports designated for "females", "women", or "girls" and who have begun gender or sex transitioning shall not participate in athletic teams or sports designated for "females", "women", or"girls""

a trans woman is a woman, she can not be discriminated, you can not let her compete with other women.
    okay lol

If you are so worried about physical power, lets create a new cathegory for super strength people like, dont know, serena williams or roberto carlos.
    Im "so worried" about it lol... you do understand how important physical strenght is in athletics, right?
    Yeah, Im "so worried" about level playing field and fairness in sports.

Trans athletes are relatively new, so they should have new categories, yes.

Also, Serena Williams could not compete in the "super strength people" category, she could only compete in the "super strength women" category.

When the World No. 203 swept the Williams sisters

No. 203 sweeps WilliamsAt the height of the Williams boom in 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.Up stepped a German known as Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2."I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena."They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

If the traditional grouping by ascribed gender fails (mostly because traditional views dont account for the gender-sex differenciation) then maybe the logical thing to do is grouping sports not by gender or sex but simply by averaged lifetime testosterone levels, since these seem to be most closely correlated to average(!) performance.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    If the traditional grouping by ascribed gender fails (mostly because traditional views dont account for the gender-sex differenciation) then maybe the logical thing to do is grouping sports not by gender or sex but simply by averaged lifetime testosterone levels, since these seem to be most closely correlated to average(!) performance.
    What's the easiest way of determining, at a glance, "averaged lifetime testosterone levels" Iskar?

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I'm no endokrinologist, but it should generally be a measurable fact. That is somewhat beside the point, though, as the thought was purely theoretical as of yet.
    The most logical option may well turn out to be the least practical.
    Last edited by Iskar; March 18, 2021 at 05:32 AM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

good luck demanding endocrinological tests of all professional athletes (professionals locally or globally) and asking those who want to participate in an amateur competition to show their genitalia.

all this is nothing more than the non-acceptance that a transexual woman is a woman.
    Last edited by mishkin; March 18, 2021 at 07:12 AM.

Male are physical superior? Maybe in theory, but in reality a liftime trained professional female boxer beats a parttime active man in this sport.

Caution boxing (physical violence)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The only field where those physical superiority would matter is professional sports and no midclass male professional would transform his gender to progress from midclass to topclass, as you earn much less in female professional sports.

This is a fake argument to discriminate transgender people.

And whats next?

Segregating black athlets from white athlets because black people are in athletics in average physical superior to white people?
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 18, 2021 at 07:59 AM.

Male are physical superior? Maybe in theory, but in reality a liftime trained professional female boxer beats a parttime active man in this sport.

Caution boxing (physical violence)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yes?
    Can lifetime trained professional female boxers compete against lifetime trained professional male boxers? No? Hmm, maybe thats why they have different categories?

This is a fake argument to discriminate transgender people.
    all this is nothing more than the non-acceptance that a transexual woman is a woman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates
    Right, no need to waste more words.

a trans woman is a woman
    At best, this is something people say out of concern for trans people's feelings, but very few actually believe it.

Take for example the miniscule percentage of heterosexuals who would consider dating a trans person:

Even in those cases, it isn't certain those individuals really consider the trans person to be the opposite sex, maybe just close enough for attraction in some cases. Dictionaries still define a woman as "an adult female person" (see here and here). I'm sure activists who feel a desperate need to control everyone's speech will eventually get that changed, but there's obviously a limit to how much gaslighting actually works (see above).

That said, I'm pretty sure most people consider it wrong to discriminate against those with mental health issues except when there is a legitimate reason to do so. For example, not hiring someone with narcolepsy to be a bus driver. I'd say there are legitimate concerns about trans women competing against biological women, especially in contact sports. Consequently, accusing people of not believing trans women are real women isn't a substitute for an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Right, no need to waste more words.
    Oh sorry my bad, it was not supposed to be just a smiley, I wanted to write how awkward it woud have been if during the hearing Mr. Boulware would have done what you just did.
    Not that he had an actual argument, but at least he did his best trying to appeal to their emotions.