Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1237525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1259

Thread: Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning preaching.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning preaching.

Prodromos,

If one had to count the sins he or she has done that has offended God one would need a calculator to keep score. Once or twice a day? I don't think so. Perhaps given the benefit it amounts to only three times seven times fiftytwo for the year and then times age puts it all into perspective and that's how far from God one can be and how much one has to answer for. But for the Grace of God no person would ever get saved as with man it is impossible. Salvation comes by revelation and revelation by the Gospel and all the work of God in crushing the sinfilled heart to bring about the blood washed heart through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Prodromos,

If one had to count the sins he or she has done that has offended God one would need a calculator to keep score. Once or twice a day? I don't think so. Perhaps given the benefit it amounts to only three times seven times fiftytwo for the year and then times age puts it all into perspective and that's how far from God one can be and how much one has to answer for. But for the Grace of God no person would ever get saved as with man it is impossible. Salvation comes by revelation and revelation by the Gospel and all the work of God in crushing the sinfilled heart to bring about the blood washed heart through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other way.
    If we underestimate the power of sin, we underestimate the power and glory of the Gospel.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Aye, there's only two ways to go when this life ends and the way of the Gospel is surely the best.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Aye, there's only two ways to go when this life ends and the way of the Gospel is surely the best.
    there are many ways to leave, and we only go to one place. We should all worry about how we leave and what we leave behind, not be so terrified of whether we are complying with precepts that have been manipulated a thousand times. try to be a good person, have compassion because we are all in the same boat, and good luck if after death you are conscious in some wonderful place, basics. (et al.). Seriously, good luck in the afterlife. but try to be better here.

mishkin,

If man was able to be better than he is then this world would surely be a better place but alas, as all have fallen short of the glory of God the question then is how could I or you expect at death anything other than to pay for our sin? If at death there is nothing then Jesus Christ died in vain and was certainly not resurrected yet that is not my experience of Him. No my friend, Jesus Christ is our Creator and will be our Judge sending people to where they have to go according to God's Righteous Judgement. Trying to be better can only be your attempt but it is not His. New life with a new heart is what He offers in this life and the next to all that His blood was shed for and not one of us deserves it but for the Grace of God.

Blog Entries

I can get addicted to this kind of

Can someone recommend me a channel with a good mix of crappy entertainment and religion?
    Last edited by mishkin; December 05, 2022 at 11:40 AM.

mishkin,

You only get what you look for and Youtube is as good as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossians 2
    8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
    One little chapter and it manages to explode every cult and false religion in the world.
    Last edited by Prodromos; December 06, 2022 at 06:54 AM.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Prodromos,

It sure does putting everything into its proper perspective. Well done olefella.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Everyone is here to "proselytize" (= "convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.")
    no, some people are here to talk, exchange ideas, see other points of view. some people are not just fanatics with a message.

mishkin,

Surely life and what it is about is the most intriguing subject to discuss so why does that make me a fanatic? As for my message, what is wrong with it?

Blog Entries

After more than ten years here, having done hundreds of stupid things, I think this is the lowest I've reached; being trolled by you.

I was quoting Prodromos, why could you have given yourself for alluded.

mishkin,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are intending in your remarks above. Have I done something wrong?

Blog Entries

You have not done anything wrong. Like all of us, you may have made a mistake at some point, but you have always acted with the best of intentions and with God and our Lord Jesus Christ as your guide. Merry Christmas basics

mishkin,

May I thank you for your very kind remarks. I do hope that I have lived up to all that you said and so when Christmas comes I wish you and your family a Very Happy Christmas.

Blog Entries

basics,

I'm sure you live up to my words. I often think about what a blessing it must be to know you and, I confess, I feel envy for the people who have the pleasure of knowing you and living with you. Merry Christmas to you too.

Your brother in Christ (if I may), mishkin.

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    some cute tik tok girls dancing? a documentary about how jews try to control the world? a makeup tutorial?

As He has said, the world hates Him and nothing has changed.

Favorite line:

Thank you very much for your attempts to ruin our celebration of Christ's birth, but I'm afraid we're all still having a very merry Christmas.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict