Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1259

Thread: Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning preaching.

Default Re: Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning preaching.

Underrated channel.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Lord Thesaurian,

Very interesting.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    As far as being slaves and tools are concerned it is written that we are all or were all slaves to sin thus making us tools for Satan so when did you not sin? I believe the only way to break that cycle was to believe that Jesus Christ paid for my sin on a cross thus freeing me from the condemnation that all sinners face. He, Jesus Christ, did that for me as I couldn't and so my thanks are to follow His lead as best I can which by the way is not easy. I hope that my answer opens the way for you.
    Our desires and wills are not sins, and it's us who should decide what's a sin and what's not, for we are the highest authority of our own lives. A parent couldn't force his children, just like your creator has no power over us.

Tell me, what miracle do you still need humans to perform to prove your god is irrelevant? Jesus couldn't reach the moon, we did. He turned water to wine, we turned water to power. He caught fishes, we cloned sheep and created synthetic meat out of thin air. Even his god's flooding is a child play compared to our nukes. Need me list more?
    Last edited by AqD; October 01, 2022 at 01:45 PM.

AqD,

The thing is that you have not conquered death yet He did, not just on Himself but others too as has been recorded. Your nukes are nothing in comparison to His power.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm 146:9
    The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Barnes, Notes on the Bible
    The Lord preserveth the strangers - He regards them with interest; he defends and guides them. This is the ninth reason why those who trust in the Lord are happy. The stranger - away from home and friends; with no one to feel an interest in him or sympathy for him; with the feeling that he is forsaken; with no one on whom he can call for sympathy in distress - may find in God one who will regard his condition; who will sympathize with him; who is able to protect and befriend him. Compare Exodus 12:49; Exodus 22:21; Exodus 23:9; Leviticus 19:33; Deuteronomy 1:16; Deuteronomy 10:18-19; Isaiah 56:3, Isaiah 56:6.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Prodromos,

He has kept this ole body going so how could I complain?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

AqD,

The thing is that you have not conquered death yet He did, not just on Himself but others too as has been recorded. Your nukes are nothing in comparison to His power.
    Then we shall have his power.

People should not worship anyone but themselves. It's debasing and pointless.

AqD,

Really? There's nobody more special in your life other than yourself? Now why don't I believe that? No ole son, you nor anyone else will ever have His power.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Our desires and wills are not sins, and it's us who should decide what's a sin and what's not
    Sin means missing the mark (literally, that's the etymology of the word in greek) set by Christ and arrogance and refusal to submit to God is a sin.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aye and what happened when men fallen in sin increased on the earth? Why they started killing their fellows so that there was violence everywhere. As time went by God introduced a Law showing what He expected from man but alas none ever kept it why? Because our desires and wills are such as to break His Law at every turn. The history of our planet tells us these things and but for the intercession of Jesus Christ coming into the planet as a man, dying and rising again to take away that sin from off all those for whom He died, we would all be in the same boat as before.

Psalm 119

65 Do good to your servant
    according to your word, Lord.

66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
    for I trust your commands.

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
    but now I obey your word.

68 You are good, and what you do is good;
    teach me your decrees.

69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
    I keep your precepts with all my heart.

70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
    but I delight in your law.

71 It was good for me to be afflicted
    so that I might learn your decrees.

72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me
    than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Prodromos,

King David certainly had his ups and downs yet from his psalms we learn where he always turned in the end. Every time I feel down I always repeat to myself, " The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want," and boy it doesn't half lift me and this frail body to get done what has to be done. Oh the world may laugh at me and you but when the Great Day comes it will learn that God has the last laugh.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TW5b07T5VNM

Fascinating series by Bart D. Ehrman
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Lord Thesaurian,

I started off watching the link and very quickly stopped, why? Because what they are insinuating is that a lot of the New Testament writings could well be forgeries which there being a God in heaven would not allow into His Word. In other words what I am saying is that these written Words have been bringing men and women to a knowledge of the Living God through the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ for some two thousand odd years never mind all them that were accounted righteous before Him some four thousand years previously, why? Because of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. So, whether the writings were actually penned by the author or written by a scribe in dictation that in no way demeans what has been said. As far as I am concerned the Bible, the whole Bible, is God's Word to us proved to me by my own conversion by it.

If you watch the full interview, his point isn’t that all the forgeries were the result of malice. It was more likely the case that the forgers wanted their work to be more widely read and accepted as doctrine by early Christians, and so posed as famous evangelists or apostles like Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers 11
    31 Now a wind went out from the Lord and drove quail in from the sea. It scattered them up to two cubits deep all around the camp, as far as a day’s walk in any direction. 32 All that day and night and all the next day the people went out and gathered quail. No one gathered less than ten homers. Then they spread them out all around the camp. 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth and before it could be consumed, the anger of the Lord burned against the people, and he struck them with a severe plague. 34 Therefore the place was named Kibroth Hattaavah,[d] because there they buried the people who had craved other food.

d. Kibroth Hattaavah means graves of craving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Bible
    Those who are under the power of a carnal mind, will have their lusts fulfilled, though it be to the certain damage and ruin of their precious souls. They paid dearly for their feasts. God often grants the desires of sinners in wrath, while he denies the desires of his own people in love.
    Makes you think

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    If you watch the full interview, his point isn’t that all the forgeries were the result of malice. It was more likely the case that the forgers wanted their work to be more widely read and accepted as doctrine by early Christians, and so posed as famous evangelists or apostles like Paul.
    Lord Thesaurian,

My point is that once you start questioning what is written and by whom, you start to open up the opportunity to tear the Word of God down as many would like to see happen. As the Gospel is the power of God unto Salvation, God being the Arbiter of that, then surely He wouldn't have allowed any chance of His name being brought into disrepute by any falsety in its compilation. I mean where do you start? Are the books of Moses not authored by God? Are the Prophets not the mouths of God? Was Jesus Christ not crucified to rise again from the dead just as was foretold? Were the words of His Disciples forgeries? Did the road to Damascus event not happen to Paul? Yes it did and happened for a higher calling than he could ever have imagined, why? Because he was like all the others an instrument of God to call in the Gentile peoples as well as the Jews which he did under tremendous strain and stress so it is not unlikely that he dictated certain of his letters through Silas, Titus or Timothy yet the words and meaning were his overshadowed by the Holy Spirit. None of these men took anything away from Paul nor were they forgeries and so we as Christians shouldn't give heed to any of that nonsense.

Lord Thesaurian,

My point is that once you start questioning what is written and by whom, you start to open up the opportunity to tear the Word of God down as many would like to see happen. As the Gospel is the power of God unto Salvation, God being the Arbiter of that, then surely He wouldn't have allowed any chance of His name being brought into disrepute by any falsety in its compilation. I mean where do you start? Are the books of Moses not authored by God? Are the Prophets not the mouths of God? Was Jesus Christ not crucified to rise again from the dead just as was foretold? Were the words of His Disciples forgeries? Did the road to Damascus event not happen to Paul? Yes it did and happened for a higher calling than he could ever have imagined, why? Because he was like all the others an instrument of God to call in the Gentile peoples as well as the Jews which he did under tremendous strain and stress so it is not unlikely that he dictated certain of his letters through Silas, Titus or Timothy yet the words and meaning were his overshadowed by the Holy Spirit. None of these men took anything away from Paul nor were they forgeries and so we as Christians shouldn't give heed to any of that nonsense.
    Indeed. This poses more of a problem for Protestants who rely on the inerrancy of the Bible, versus the Catholics who rely on the authority of the Church. Perhaps God works in mysterious ways.

Lord Thesaurian,

So, it was the Gospel from my KJV that began the procedure, the Baptist preacher adding to what it said about my condition before God, that led me to being put on my knees and renewed. The Gospel is the key because it is God's Word to us and His power to save, the church does not have that power other than its telling of it. Oh a church system may gather many adherents to it but only God knows who is and who is not saved.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Good evening. Jesus nowadays would be antifa, and of course the wokest non-binary person ever.