Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1259

Thread: Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning preaching.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning preaching.

Jesus today would be the same as He was 2000 years ago. God does not change.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

just what i said: a progressive fighting for the most disadvantaged

Yeah, like unborn babies.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Yeah, like unborn babies.
    pregnant women who decide they cant have a kid

Jesus, who would you support, a mother who decides she can't have a child (multiple reasons for that) or a guy telling her she must?

Note: women who abort are not cold-blooded witches.
    Last edited by mishkin; November 25, 2022 at 02:43 AM.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

mishkin,

A baby whether you like it or not is a human being. It's a living thing so it's not a case of the woman saying she can't have it, rather a case of her saying she doesn't want it so get rid of it. Just think of all the families where an unexpected baby is born and although not wanted at the time, now enjoy being part of a happy family and it amounts to millions. I mean would you tear your pet's inside to get rid of it bearing offspring? The thought is disgusting but we're supposed to accept as normal the tearing of human babies apart as though it was natural? Come on, what sort of man are you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    mishkin,

A baby whether you like it or not is a human being. It's a living thing so it's not a case of the woman saying she can't have it, rather a case of her saying she doesn't want it so get rid of it. Just think of all the families where an unexpected baby is born and although not wanted at the time, now enjoy being part of a happy family and it amounts to millions. I mean would you tear your pet's inside to get rid of it bearing offspring? The thought is disgusting but we're supposed to accept as normal the tearing of human babies apart as though it was natural? Come on, what sort of man are you?
    I am very happy for all the happy families in the world. I am also happy for all the women who have not destroyed their lives by having a child when they were not able to do so, in a position to give them a happy life, etc.

I am a man who knows the difference between a baby, a fetus and an embryo. I am also a man who has opened his ears and has understood that the decision to end a pregnancy is usually very painful and that morality and the enormous responsibility of a life cannot be imposed on another person.

what kind of person was jesus? Was he the type of person who tried to impose his morals on others by force? The type of person who lied in his arguments, who played with words to deceive and achieve his goals?

mishkin,

Didn't He uphold, " Thou shalt not kill." which abortion is doing? As for knowing about pregnancy then you should know that when the egg of a woman is fertilized it beomes in its own right a living thing and so you are quite happy that millions of these little things are torn limb from limb just to satisfy the feelings of a woman who needn't have got pregnant in the first place?

Blog Entries

It is one thing for something to have life and another for it to be a human being, you will have heard this millions of times. I insist that you cannot impose your morality or your interpretation of where a life that must be preserved at all costs begins.

Could you answer this?
    what kind of person was jesus? Was he the type of person who tried to impose his morals on others by force? The type of person who lied in his arguments, who played with words to deceive and achieve his goals?
    would he (a jewish btw) force a woman raped to become a mother?
    Last edited by mishkin; November 25, 2022 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    pregnant women who decide they cant have a kid
    Jesus would tell them not to kill an innocent child just because they think it'd make their life easier

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Jesus would tell them not to kill an innocent child just because they think it'd make their life easier
    you make it sound like a whim.

I have no idea why you quote all that. As far as I know, the jewish faith (the faith of jesus) does not interpret that life begins with the fertilization of the ovum, contemplates abortion to save the mother, etc. There is a lot of literature about it, quote some of it.

mishkin,

Quote, " The primary biblical argument for life beginning at conception is found in Psalm 139, where David claims that God is present in the first moments of a person's life, and that He has plans for that life from its first moments: "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. … Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them" (Psalm 139:13, 16).

Other verses in the Bible also support the value of unborn life:

Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

Isaiah 44:24 talks about God as "your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb."

Paul says in Galatians 1:15 that God "had set [him] apart before [he] was born."

Job 33:4 says, "The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

If we believe what the Bible says, we must come to the conclusion that in both physical and spiritual terms, an unborn child is the blueprint for a fully-formed human being.

Blog Entries

i have asked for quotes about what jews like jesus thought about abortion. you keep quoting the bible.

mishkin,

The Bible is the Word of God and so the Old Covenant that was the Jewish Bible is what they followed. A Jewish woman who didn't have children thought that she was under punishment for some reason from God. Being married and having children is still a blessing to the Jewish woman.

Blog Entries

basics, as far as I know (I've only read a little about it, you know it's in the news because part of the american jewish community rejects radical anti-abortion laws on religious grounds) the jewish community of which jesus was a part tolerated abortion (it did not condemn it outright) and did not consider fetuses human life.

jesus would rejoice (like anyone else) at a mother's happiness, and he would not be adamantly opposed to abortion.

Planning to watch one Christmas movie a day all through December

What are your favorite Christmas movies?
    Last edited by Prodromos; November 28, 2022 at 01:40 AM.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    basics, as far as I know (I've only read a little about it, you know it's in the news because part of the american jewish community rejects radical anti-abortion laws on religious grounds) the jewish community of which jesus was a part tolerated abortion (it did not condemn it outright) and did not consider fetuses human life.

jesus would rejoice (like anyone else) at a mother's happiness, and he would not be adamantly opposed to abortion.
    mishkin,

I'm sorry but the Giver of Life, the Lord Jesus Christ, would not have condoned abortion. Abortion is the killing of a baby in the womb, a baby that has already got the breath of life in it. Funilly enough the Korean people judge a person's age as that which includes the time a person spends in the womb. So as respects to me that people would say that I am now over eighty years old and I tend to agree. As for what Jews think wouldn't you agree that they as a people were the most obstinate whom Jesus had to deal with and still are concerning Him?

19 And it came to pass, when Jesus finished these words, he removed from Galilee, and did come to the borders of Judea, beyond the Jordan,

2 and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them there.

3 And the Pharisees came near to him, tempting him, and saying to him, `Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?'

4 And he answering said to them, `Did ye not read, that He who made [them], from the beginning a male and a female made them,

5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they shall be -- the two -- for one flesh?

6 so that they are no more two, but one flesh; what therefore God did join together, let no man put asunder.'

7 They say to him, `Why then did Moses command to give a roll of divorce, and to put her away?'

8 He saith to them -- `Moses for your stiffness of heart did suffer you to put away your wives, but from the beginning it hath not been so.

9 `And I say to you, that, whoever may put away his wife, if not for whoredom, and may marry another, doth commit adultery; and he who did marry her that hath been put away, doth commit adultery.'

Matthew 19 1-9

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    As for what Jews think wouldn't you agree that they as a people were the most obstinate whom Jesus had to deal with and still are concerning Him?
    I'm terrified of digging into this comment.

mishkin,

To most Jews Jesus' name must never be said in their synagogues because they see Him as a failed Messiah or false one and so in some synagogues it is an offense to speak His name. In their opinion He never fulfilled the prophecies the way they wanted them fulfilled or expected them to be fulfilled and so today that is still the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
    There is nothing the natural man hates more than to be told that he is a sinner, and that his nature is twisted and perverted. He believes in himself, and that he is a good fellow; all the teaching of psychology encourages him to believe in himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by John MacArthur
    Worldly wisdom scoffs at the gospel precisely because it confronts human conceit. The gospel demands that people acknowledge their sin and spiritual impotence. It humiliates them, convicts them, and calls them sinners.

Moreover, it offers salvation as a gracious work of God—not something people can accomplish on their own.

In every way the cross crushes human pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
    If my preaching of this cross is not an offense to the natural man, I am misrepresenting it.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict