Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 was the last year...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2012 was the last year...

Here is the agent limit tutorial.
    And a high res screenshot tutorial, just in case....
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 16, 2020 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks Gigantus, I wasn't sure what you were referring to that first time you mentioned the screen shot ratio. It seemed to make a difference...I'll post a few pics. I haven't touched the agent stuff yet. All in all the Game is a fresh file again except I've deleted most of the extra files and folders. I believe the agents were in an xml file in TWII. Anyways I'm going through the processes now so I'll come back later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1254.jpg   1234.jpg   1232.jpg   1230.jpg   1228.jpg  

Blog Entries

You must be thinking of the descr_campaign_db file - but no limiting value in there, hence my tutorial.

Thanks for the post I've used it in the past, that is I've used it a really long time ago, so thanks for directing me to it. Are the pics any better?

Yep, it turns out I did use your insight in my past mod, however I semi coloned all the agents in the in the export_building file and left the ones in the start file with a few additions. It did work to speed up the game and leave an option for later use. Selecting various factions for instance to have the use of assassins.

Blog Entries

The pics are the same quality because you use the 'in game' default resolution
    Go into options\video\advanced options and change the battle resolution (same as\not more then your desktop resolution) and strat resolution (1920x1080 works great for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The pics are the same quality because you use the 'in game' default resolution
    Go into options\video\advanced options and change the battle resolution (same as\not more then your desktop resolution) and strat resolution (1920x1080 works great for me)
    Hey I did do that , Is it possible my changes are reverting each time I restart? My keyboard changes each time and my saved keyboard doesn't work either...I'll try again...check these out. Also keep in mind the changes you gave me for the cfg file<tga_width = 1650>.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0365.jpg   0362.jpg   0350.jpg   0325.jpg  
    Last edited by Radioman; January 18, 2020 at 11:44 PM.

Blog Entries

You may have set the main game's CFG file to read-only at some stage. That will prevent changes to be saved.
    An alternative would be to enter the values in the mod's CFG file, here my standard [video] section from Bare geomod:
    Code:
    [video]
    movies = 0                            # set to zero to stop intro and menu backround movies
    windowed = 1                        # allows for easy Alt+Tab, requires game video resolution the size of desktop or larger
    borderless_window = 1                # removes border from windowed mode
    battle_resolution = 1920 1080        # enter your desktop resolution
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080        # enter your desktop resolution
    tga_width = 1920                    # enter width of your desktop resolution
    tga_aspect = 1.9                    # enter value of width\height of your desktop resolution
    event_movies = 1                    # set to zero to disable event movies like crumbling walls
    no_background_fmv = 0                # set to one to disable menu background movie

See its just like the other day when I didn't immediately know that the term "mercenary" had it's own issues when thrown into the unit description...And just like you said the cfg probably had some write only block on it, it did but it was a third party of some sort, anyways I allowed it.

Here are the new pics:

Thus far I've added 10 units I had in my old mod, as it turned out they weren't even used in my Japanese faction , they were mercenaries ... That's were the use of samuri and moguls came from I just had made too many units for my kingdoms mod. Thank god it only took a couple of minutes to catch the aforementioned mercenary fact. These units can be used in one of the separate Asian factions this mod has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0482.jpg   0487.jpg   0488.jpg   0543.jpg   0637.jpg  

Blog Entries

The 'mercenary' attribute in the EDU simply means that it uses one texture for all factions, nothing else. But I guess you are talking about description text?

And yes, the pictures are now large scale.

Making the CFG write only is an out dated way to make custom changes for the main game (that cannot be made via the options) and retain them. For mods (and even the main game) one can simply do that via the mod's CFG file - like most of those video settings in my example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The 'mercenary' attribute in the EDU simply means that it uses one texture for all factions, nothing else. But I guess you are talking about description text?
    Yes, I was referring to the EDU use, my old units were used as mercenaries. So when I moved them over I had to remember to erase the mercenary from the attributes line.

And yes, the pictures are now large scale.
    Great, thanks...

Making the CFG write only is an out dated way to make custom changes for the main game (that cannot be made via the options) and retain them. For mods (and even the main game) one can simply do that via the mod's CFG file - like most of those video settings in my example.
    How do you set cfg with keyboard RTS mode??? Maybe it didn't work last time cause of the aforementioned write only clause...

Alright everyone, I took a few shots this past weekend after getting all of my mercenary Asian units into the mod... It turned out that only so many units can be added to this mod"s EDU file, so I had to add the units to the world/strat file instead. This way I can check the additions I make and take more time to see what units I can get rid of. Other than that the added units look beautiful and I seem to like a lot of what the mod comes with as far as units go. So I'll have to be careful and it's hard to do that cause I'm still unsure which factions which especially since I can't set up inside the edu file yet. I did however get to see the English units and add one to the mix just to see if it worked and it did. Also there was the additions I made to the Mughal Faction...I'll post recent pics>>>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0079.jpg   0207.jpg   0206.jpg   0205.jpg   0217.jpg  

0250.jpg  
    Last edited by Radioman; January 20, 2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Type corrections

Thus far I've made it to 1813 units, Which is a pretty good stretch since you can't erase character units yet. Now I've been able to add more units in game as well, such as the Mugals. I think I can get rid of a lot of the Native units in this mod since he uses them in multi factions. That will have to deduct a large percentage of the unit totals in the model file. There are a lot of units and factions I want to keep as is, however I only need space for 379 of my units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0567.jpg  

Blog Entries

This is the entry in the CFG file for camera RTS so it had certainly something to do with your CFG file being read-only.

[camera]
    default_in_battle = rts

Nice work so far.

Hey Gigantus, Thanks for the feedback...Unfortunately, my cfg had this in it already and it still doesn't work:
    [camera]
    default_in_battle = rts
    move = 50
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 50
    I figure it has something to do with the way he setup the mod with all that pregame data reel...

Blog Entries

Open the mod's CFG file and have a look if there is a camera entry. If so then it will override your default CFG file.

That was the cfg for the mod, also this is the one for MTW2:
    medieval2.preference:
    [camera]
    default_in_battle = rts
    move = 50
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 50

Blog Entries

Delete the files in the 'preferences' folder (mod only), they generate at the next game start, that should reset you. Personally I do not add common settings in a mod's CFG file that I can change through the regular in game options, too much of a mess as you can see.

Thanks Gigantus, I'll give it a shot...I was about to forget about it totally, but since I'm modding I'm in and out every couple of minutes and that's why I have to use cheats as well.

Hey I can't believe it... I just found a bunch of files off of a hard drive I have connected to my CPU. I searched through and found a bunch of stuff I made when I had set things up on a BIG map mod with KingdomsGrand of course...The desktop also had a file called [world map] in it was a bunch of stuff with the original download files for the Conquest Mod. I guess I never looked in it fully when I was looking for the world map I had set up back then.Anyways I found a complete File of the strat models I created and they are ready to be dropped in to this new mod, hopefully it won't be too hard. I have to check my hard drive and make sure I didn't overload when I transferred the aforementioned tidbits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moors.jpg   Russia.jpg   Huns.jpg  
    Last edited by Radioman; January 27, 2020 at 11:01 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast