Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2012 was the last year...

Default Re: 2012 was the last year...

Hey everybody, welcome the newcomers...I've been going through as many mods as I could with the ones that where released in the TWC and elsewhere. I've come down to eleven that are worthy of this or that and deleted a whole lot of other ones. As time goes by I 'll be digging through these and taking elements I find worthy and adding them to my 2012 mod. I'm just getting started on working with Milkshape again so give me time and we'll see where we go with that...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Big brother is watching keep us updated on progress.

Thanks for looking out...I'm just separating the units that seem to cause crashes when selected for costume battles. I'm doing the latter because I just added animations from another mod...It has some really good movements in it.

Welp, I've done it ...the animations that is. I got done with unit testing in my mod and added the first animation from the mod I found recently. It worked perfectly and goes perfectly with my Ninjas. I post a few pics tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Always good practice to test new units in custom battles. Especially if new elements are involved like projectiles and animations.

Oye, I just fit one of my samurai units with the Animation for spears...That along with the Ninja animation will be awesome with a slow down technique for the battle scenes, i 'm not certain since it hasn't gone below 1 in my mods. I'm figuring that slow time of .5 was from one of the later TW games.

Here it goes, I figured it out the time scaling is done by pressing shift...I"ll try to get better pics tomorrow. The ninja on the left is jump kicking as one of the animations, it's flawless when the units are lined up properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1947 ninja.jpg  

Blog Entries

Jump kicking a knight - that's just awesome.

Let me tell you Gigantus, this animation has two kick styles in it the jumping round house and the side kick...in addition they do a back flip. Now mind you I probably would try to modify it to produce more kicks, but as it is its perfect. The Pike replacement is the spear animation, all I have to do is go into milk shape and reposition some of the unit's weapons. I'll probably get rid of most pike men, at least the originals with the fluffy hats. Well everyone, I'll get back after this wonderful weekend with sunshine and high temps...

OK everybody, It's been a few days and the weather wasn't that nice...Sorry I've taken so long but the time has been spent on getting good photos of the animations which I believe came from WarhammerMod, just the same I've become possessed with doing it. Thus far I've put the animation on another figure, here you go...I wish I could have gotten the one that hypnotized me but these should be good enough just be sure to magnify it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015.jpg   2014.jpg   2019.jpg  

Blog Entries

Cool animation - did you use it for the army leader (captain) only or for the unit's soldiers?

I was gonna try that next should have something up tomorrow if not late tonight, I just got done wiring up the living room TV as oppose to wifi...

It was a bust, I couldn't get the Captain units to actuate the animation. I figure you need the export_descr unit file to coordinate with the changes in the battle_models file. Too bad...
    Last edited by Radioman; March 19, 2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

The captain and general models are allocated via the descr_character file. You will notice that they have several animation sequences, eg infantry and mounts. You will need to identify and replace the infantry animation, it is usually the first and headed 'None'. Example from eastern_captain:
    Code:
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 horse 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    8 elephant 
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 camel 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    -1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The captain and general models are allocated via the descr_character file. You will notice that they have several animation sequences, eg infantry and mounts. You will need to identify and replace the infantry animation, it is usually the first and headed 'None'. Example from eastern_captain:
    Code:
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 horse 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    8 elephant 
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 camel 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Great addition...Thanks Much. I'll work on this tomorrow, I don't think I've ever done this before.

I thought you were directing me to do something in the Character file, I had already tried to make changes to their Battle_models file...The issue was that it didn't actuate like it would for units in the edu file, those units use both. Now I don't know if that is necessary albeit, the battle _model changes to the captain figure can't correlate with the change, too many infantry animation entries...
    Last edited by Radioman; March 23, 2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: additional reply...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234