Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 was the last year...

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2012 was the last year...

Nice stuff, looks like you are using the level trait principle to utilize all those models?

Yeah, Ishan had some good stuff, but after taking a quick look back it's kind of scary cause a lot of the photos are gone...Anyways I'll save that for another day.
    P.S. Great job bringing back the KingdomsGrandCampaignMod for all the newbies, did you ever hear from Dave Scarface???

This week I've been looking at the various factions in both my old mod and this new conquest diddly. I found that I might first start by bringing back the Greek faction. Placing them with the Cru faction which is the Tibet Empire. A few smaller things include the game menu and splash screen along with a lot of the split screens have all been changed. In conjunction with that, the batch file has been reset, yet still no change in keyboard setups...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0671.jpg   loading_screen_4.jpg   0669.jpg  

Hey everybody, it's been about a month since I began modding and I've gotten a good deal of it done as far as factions go...The Lithuanian-Polish faction has had 12 units added to it's roster...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0782.jpg  

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Blog Entries

This tutorial might be of interest to you: Creating a World - Editable Settlement Faction Symbols, it will enable you to also have dedicated settlement symbols (the symbol in FoW) for rebels.

Are you using culture based army symbols for the rebels already? Example:

Last edited by Gigantus; February 06, 2020 at 10:04 PM.

Great stuff, I saved it to my bookmarks...I just transferred a folder with old flag options and such. I'm not sure if they are used as separate factions yet, I think they are though. I just transferred Milkshape and Photoshop over to this hd as well... Thanks for the tutorial!!!

Blog Entries

In descr_cultures you will see an entry 'rebel_standard_index' for each culture - that is the same type of reference as the 'standard_index' in descr_sm_factions. It references the symbols in the banners\symbols7 and 8 tga files (which in turn were designated in descr_standards).

I'll look into that next time, it will be something I'll work on once I'm done with the unit placements.

Well everyone, I've gotten all my moor units into the old moor faction, a total of 18. This modding is gonna be great, but I'm taking every caution I can, I just deleted all ships from the necessary files to make room in the export_unit file. This means aside from that measure, I have to delete more before I add any more units...

I just got done with added a general and captain with 4 Egyptian to the Bulga faction...I found that it's hard to get rid of units cause I 'm not sure which factions they'll effect and not always are units lined up the same way in various files. Nonetheless I've backed up my mode last night and finished the aforementioned. I also got side tracked trying to delete those units earlier this week, then I got excited thinking I somehow got my old mod fixed...S effectively I learned to contain myself with slow careful modding and don't try to go back to my 7 year old busted mod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0966.jpg   0965.jpg  

Hey everyone,
    I don't know how everyone else has been doing but I haven't been able to get back on TWC the past few days... not much has happened except I discovered my mistake from some odd years ago. It turns out I had used my peasants to cover all my odds and ends and I didn't connect them to every faction a total of 27. I've tested it two times and a few saved games from 2012, and it all went well so far. I might just polish off the work I did on my original mod since I put so much work into it.

Your work sounds intriguing. The Eras mod is great indeed, however, it does lack some polish all by its own. Looking forward to trying out your additions.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; February 20, 2020 at 02:25 PM.

The problem is that I create mods as an individual, so all the work I've done is to create a mod that again is better than most, and in essence it is because non of us are able to use other's mod developments without asking the original developers...That said it is a shame I couldn't because most of the developers have left the site for online game developments and just for retirement in general. Remember most of the stuff I've done here is from before 2012....I can always try and help those of you that wish to accommodate your mods with stuff mine has but then even most of the tools I used for unit creation are not available. One of the best people out there is Gigantus, who has helped many by creating tutorials and assisting many in keeping their modes updated. In essence like you said Eras has it's short comings, as do all the rest of the mods especially at this late date. Back when I was finishing my 2012 mod I got excited by something one of the developers made for his mod, which had to do with that Third World Stuff. I remember messaging with the developer about it but he was adamant that he couldn't share it, but I ended up learning and untangling it for myself. Just the same if you think about it everything on this site should be shared and not made to offset a layman's attempts to mod. The Chinese have effectively failed to share excellent mod creations cause it was said their mods had other developer's parts inside it. This always has been hard for me since I love the Japanese Creations...but even then I usually need to modify them to my own liking. Members like yourself who appear to be new to these games should check out Gigantus's Creating a World Tutorials. If you need to know where I got certain units from after learning how to mod different elements, let me know.

Here are some going ons in my fixed 2012 mod...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1475.jpg   1460.jpg   1456.jpg   1450.jpg   1433.jpg  

Here's some more pics of characters, part of 2012 mod...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1514.jpg   1518.jpg   1516.jpg  

I had to add this note, I only took the map off of the 2012 mod Eras, and now I see the use of overlay textures is gross in the updated version...I'm so glad I've fixed my mod.

Welp this past few days since TWC is back up I've been watching the Hunted and downloading mods with interesting names searching through them for treasures...But unfortunately all the mods where recently released and lacked sufficient talent in their creation. The latter wasted a lot of my time since I extensively went through all the factions to see all the units the games had. I guess the era of full time modders and mod makers is over....Nonetheless I did go through one of my old HDs found several mods that I'm gonna go through tonight. They are pretty marvelous to say the least...

I suggest this be moved to the WIP section of the Medieval II Modifications forum.

Blog Entries

I passed on the notion, maybe contact z3n or Callaigh with a request to have this thread renamed appropriately and moved.

In other news: I would suggest to have a look at this tutorial once you have finalized your coastline\landmass.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff Director

Just a note 5hwt you can rename the thread yourself after clicking edit and then "Go Advanced".

I would be happy to help if there are problems.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123