Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request permission to remaster ACW 2.0

Default Re: Request permission to remaster ACW 2.0

Thank you for the work trying to revive and fix this mod. I got it running and made it through 5 turns as the CSA, no battles yet, but I got a CTD when ending the turn. I hate this happened for me and for you, but I honestly think the mod is beyond repair if you used anything from the previous one. I believe one would have to start fresh from scratch. Several years ago I attempted to find the source of the CTDs but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Thank you for the work trying to revive and fix this mod. I got it running and made it through 5 turns as the CSA, no battles yet, but I got a CTD when ending the turn. I hate this happened for
    me and for you, but I honestly think the mod is beyond repair if you used anything from the previous one. I believe one would have to start fresh from scratch. Several years ago I attempted to find the source of the CTDs but failed.
    did you use the latest version here
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-mod-p...-acw-remasterd
    this campaign is designed from scratch therefore serveral things have to be ironed out.
    this mod is based on 2.0 wich did not include a campaign. ACW shouldve sticked to the 2.6 grand campaign wich is in general more stable compared to rti and warpath.

I also believe certain believe certain db related stuff impacts the campaign along with hybrids cross hybrid methods

Yesah that's the one I downloaded. I've tried again from the start and it still happens. You did a great job, the problem is something that already existed and would likely require the original tools CA used to make the game to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Yesah that's the one I downloaded. I've tried again from the start and it still happens. You did a great job, the problem is something that already existed and would likely require the original tools CA used to make the game to fix.
    Ive tried to contact CA and offerd quite some money for the official tools they unfortunetly never replied back.
    Honestly if you look at other mods it can be done. the only thing i need is a tester with lots of free time and knowledge on how to sent save games.
    I'm 100% confident it can be done And pretty sure This isn't grossly understimated.

EDIT
    ive found the issue this was related to the union selling territory wich i coded out link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlw3hy8tejfisx8/main.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by rohan97; November 26, 2022 at 08:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12