Thread: Expanded campaign map

Default Expanded campaign map

Hey guys, some time ago i found a submod here that added a bit to the eastern part of the map (beyond Rhun and Khand, Orocarni dwarves basically), anyone remember which one i'm talking about?
    Would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Expanded campaign map

Hmmm no i dont think that's what it was. It was something very similar to DaC but with an extended map iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mev View Post
    Hmmm no i dont think that's what it was. It was something very similar to DaC but with an extended map iirc.
    Should be Heirs of Elendil, then. It don't extende map far(and DaC map is maxed in size anyway), but does add some Orocarni settelements at the Far East. It is also a DaC sub-mod. Or it could be some sub-mods for Leo's Alternate patch.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamariGhost View Post
    Should be Heirs of Elendil, then. It don't extende map far(and DaC map is maxed in size anyway), but does add some Orocarni settelements at the Far East. It is also a DaC sub-mod. Or it could be some sub-mods for Leo's Alternate patch.
    That's the one, thanks alot!

For anyone reading this and wondering - Heirs of Elendil does not increase the dimensions of the map in the east-west direction because DAC's map already uses the maximum 510 tiles in this direction.

The DAC map is not maxed out in the north-south/vertical direction which only has 487 tiles. However, adding tiles to the south will mess up all of the coordinates in descr_strat and campaign_script (since the origin 0,0 is in the south-western corner of the map). It is possible to add tiles to the north of the map without having to rewrite every coordinate in the mod, but it would not add anything interesting to the mod and hence no submod has done it yet.

The PCP submod for TATW has a higher map density (everything is closer together) similar to the original TATW map which means the map is "larger" (you can explore more fanon locations) but with the same 510x510 max dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    For anyone reading this and wondering - Heirs of Elendil does not increase the dimensions of the map in the east-west direction because DAC's map already uses the maximum 510 tiles in this direction.

The DAC map is not maxed out in the north-south/vertical direction which only has 487 tiles. However, adding tiles to the south will mess up all of the coordinates in descr_strat and campaign_script (since the origin 0,0 is in the south-western corner of the map). It is possible to add tiles to the north of the map without having to rewrite every coordinate in the mod, but it would not add anything interesting to the mod and hence no submod has done it yet.

The PCP submod for TATW has a higher map density (everything is closer together) similar to the original TATW map which means the map is "larger" (you can explore more fanon locations) but with the same 510x510 max dimensions.
    How did you manage to add those settlements to the east though? I liked the flavor added of the Orocarni dwarves.

Those settlements weren't to the east, but to the north. It was simply designed to appear that way by changing the borders of nearby regions.

There were already two settlements up there called "Logathavuld" or some such from MERP. And as I say, the map dimensions were unchanged. I simply remapped the borders, names, settlement types to dwarven, and added a spur of the Orocarni Mountains to the terrain which I find to be a much more interesting reward for exploring the edges of the map than the slope of impassable snow line that was there before.