Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimmerian Bosporus Campaign

Default Re: Kimmerian Bosporus Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Geffalrus View Post
    You guys are the ones who gave the city stronger troops. I bought the best and most that I could, and it wasn't enough. If I'm not supposed to easily take Chersonessos, then maybe telegraph that ahead of time like you do in allllll the other campaigns. There's a difference between difficulty with a point and difficulty just because.

And fwiw, I autoresolved because it was late in the evening (not all of us have infinite game time) and I just wanted to see what the post siege situation would be like. I expected crazy losses, and actually hoped for them, because I wanted to see what my income would be like with a smaller army. It was unimpressive. I've generally found the Kimmerian economy to be lackluster early game even if you delete everything, which really undercuts the whole "wait to expand until later" idea. Still, I'll probably try again with a different approach because I'm genuinely curious to see what the faction and culture is like.

As always, the historical aspects of this game are head and shoulders above most others in this genre. Which is fortunate, because apparently this community's approach to user feedback and frustration is "hur hur it's supposed to be difficult, git gud" which is less than endearing. If that's your deal, then I'll look for help and advice elsewhere.
    Well, firstly, I'm not even part of the team, so I did nothing in relation to the garrison of that city. But it happens that I just recently did some playtest campaigns with that faction, so I know very well the challenges that you face and they aren't that hard, really. It's easy to take Chersonessos, just wait until the garrison sallies out or bring a more powerful army. But that campaign is for experienced players, if you are not an experienced player, I advice an easier campaign with another faction.

I don't have "infinite game time" but I really prefer not to autoresolve battles, especially in sieges when it is certain that you will loose a huge amount of units. If I don't have time for it, I save the campaign and leave it for when I actually have the time.

Lastly, your approach to the other player's feedback has been basically rude. Be nice to the people who comment on your thread, it's much better
    Last edited by Lusitanio; November 21, 2019 at 04:47 PM.

[…] apparently this community's approach to user feedback and frustration is "hur hur it's supposed to be difficult, git gud" which is less than endearing. If that's your deal, then I'll look for help and advice elsewhere.

Okay, which one of you freaking psychopaths designed the Bosporan campaign start position?!?!?

"No you're just not very good at the game."

Go yourself.

"History wasn't fair either."

Again, go yourself.

What kind of help and advice are you looking for?
    Tip: if you flame like this and call it asking for help and advice, some people might get irritated.
    Last edited by mephiston; November 21, 2019 at 04:34 PM.

If you feel the game is unfair I offer two options: Either go into the descr_strat and reduce the garrisons or cheat until you make enough money to avoid debt.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12