Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old Georgia - Colchis and Iberia (information and pictures)

Default Re: Old Georgia - Colchis and Iberia (information and pictures)

my speed art - Kartvelian cavalry - Mkhedarni Kartlisani 1st AD

in 1st century AD Kingdom of Kartli had an army- Powerful , Balanced and high morale , successfully fought against Rome and Parthia. nobles have chain mail, scale armor. infantry have leather helmets and leather furry armor.

1.Heavy shock cavalry, Without shield
    2.Skrimshers cavalry
    3.Archers cavalry, with composite sarmatian type Bow
    4.Spearmen infantry
    5.Skrimsher infantry
    6.Archers
    7.Slingers
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 02, 2021 at 04:51 PM.

My fast sketch
    Kartvelian Warrior - 1st -2 nd century AD

albanian and iberian warrior had fur leather hats. Georgians and caucasians have this hats today.

Georgian Writher Vazha-Pshavela

some ancient Barbarian warriors had similar hats.

Last edited by Khevsur; January 18, 2021 at 07:44 PM.

Ancient Georgian men's and women's jewelry

Ancient Georgian noble men's earrings. Used on two or one ear . The ear was not shot

Last edited by Khevsur; January 05, 2021 at 04:14 AM.

Kartvelian used this Style clothing and ornaments . this clothing is similar 1st AD on gaming plates clothing. These are ancient Georgian ornaments. Herodotus writes about it - kartvelian tribes Wear clothes painted and colorful ornaments Do not make cross ornaments on clothing. using for only hats

this clothing is medievan times, but is similar kartvelian ancient clothing

oldest kartvelian hats :

Colchian highlanders, svan hats

iberian hat
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 20, 2021 at 04:39 PM.

my speed art - Kartvelian cavalry - Mkhedarni Kartlisani 1st AD

in 1st century AD Kingdom of Kartli had an army- Powerful , Balanced and high morale , successfully fought against Rome and Parthia. nobles have chain mail, scale armor. infantry have leather helmets and leather furry armor.

1.Heavy shock cavalry, Without shield
    2.Skrimshers cavalry
    3.Archers cavalry, with composite sarmatian type Bow
    4.Spearmen infantry
    5.Skrimsher infantry
    6.Archers
    7.Slingers
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 08, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

My Art Kartvelian Warriors - Meomarni Kartlisani IV-III c BC

1. Kartvelian Spearmen ( Helmet from Varsimaant Kari, Shield boss From Kamarakhevi )

2. Kartvelian Skrimsher Warrior ( Helmet from Varsimaant Kari, Shield boss From Kamarakhevi )

3.Kartvelian Noble Warrior ( Helmet From Kamarakevi , shield Boss From Varsimaantkari )

4.Kartvelian Noble Warrior ( Eastern or Urartian type Bronze or Iron Conical Helmet , shield From Vani ) The ancient Georgian conical helmets are similar to the Urartian-Assyrian

Kartvelian warrior with helmet from Kamarakhevi - Illustration from the book of historian Gela Gamkrelidze

Last edited by Khevsur; January 08, 2021 at 04:56 PM.

Kartvelian Warrior - Meomarni Kartlisani (Last Edit)
    V-lll centuries BC

Helmet and Shield is from Kamarakhevi , Georgia
    Clothes is similar Warriors Clothes from dedoflisgora and from Gomi Rython , I draw on Clothes oldest Kartvelian Ornaments
    many similar type Axes , Javelins and Swords is found in East Georgia

Finally he is a Historically accurate , beautiful and fierce warrior -
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 18, 2021 at 06:13 PM.

PLEASE ADD THESE for Pontus and Hayastan! I love that Part of the map, And i want to see more unique units from this place. This is a place in the world, that we never get to see much of in any other games, or even TV / movies.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    PLEASE ADD THESE for Pontus and Hayastan! I love that Part of the map, And i want to see more unique units from this place. This is a place in the world, that we never get to see much of in any other games, or even TV / movies.
    yes , I protect historical accuracy

Just curious, what do you think, how many Georgian units should be in the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Paerisades View Post

4 land units like he posted spearmen, skirmisher, swordsmen, veteran / noble sword.

+ 2 cavalry 1 skirmisher and 1 noble would be enough for me.

Kartvelians had shock lancers, skrimshers and archers cavalry. also had battle chariots. Kartvelians Infantry were Spearmens, Skrimshers, Archers and Slingers.

in game is Colchian skrimshers/axemans( nort-west caucasians), Colchian hoplites, Kartvelian Skrimshers/Swordsmens. Chalybean phalanx(khaldians) and Caucasian late period shock cavalry.

I want reworking this caucasian units According to history and archeology:
    1.in nort-west caucasians unit add iron plates square and kartvelians unit iron plate oval shields, delete hoplon shields, stay wooden square shield. add Colchian sword, delete axes.colchian axes add only add for light colchian skrimshers/axemans

2. Kartvelians unit iron plates oval shields delete and add in north-west Caucasians unit. add new wicker and leather covered round shields -with big bronze shield boss from east georgia. delete all hellenistic helmets, helmets with horns and add new bronze plate helmets from kamarakhevi and varsimaantkari , maybe some warriors add eastern or urartian type conical helmets. add kartvelian clothes with kartvelian ornaments and colors.- Dark blue, burgundy, brown, various tones of gray. add caucasian animals fur . delete all knemids. fix wrong warriors native name-Kartvelni mehomni is wrong name, Meomarni Kartlisani is correct name.

also fix wrong native names - kartveleni and zaneni, correct names is Kartlelni and Egriselni , chaldians correct names is Chanebi

3.in khaldians unit add long pants and clothing for all warriors. add flax armor with wicker lower body flax ropes. unit texture is low quality-fix it

4. in Colchian units add north-west caucasians hoplon shields, add flax armors similar khaldians.add iron scale armor. unit textures is low quality - fix it

i think many colchian archaelogical materials is ignored, but colchian materials used for north-west caucasians unit

also, I want add in game :

1.early period Kartvelian Skrimshers/swordsmens cavalry.

2. late period Kartvelian Shock lancers/swordsmen , Skrimshers/swordsmens and archers/swordsmen cavalry.

3. early period Colchian light skrimshers/axemans .

4. early period Kartvelian medium spearmens and light archers /axemans infantry .
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 17, 2021 at 07:57 PM.

Wow! Impressive list! I agree only three unique units for a Colchian/Kartvelian it's not enough! Three cavalry and four infantry units are just fine, not too much.
    Are you making 3D models for them or you leave it to EB team?
    Just curious, since you are good in archeology you are probably have plans to extend Hellenistic roster, as well? Poor Hellenes, all of them have same slinger , archer and skrimsher units!

Another version of Kartvelian Warrior V-III c BC - Meomarni Kartlisani

Great stuff!!

Wow! Impressive list! I agree only three unique units for a Colchian/Kartvelian it's not enough! Three cavalry and four infantry units are just fine, not too much.
    Are you making 3D models for them or you leave it to EB team?
    Just curious, since you are good in archeology you are probably have plans to extend Hellenistic roster, as well? Poor Hellenes, all of them have same slinger , archer and skrimsher units!
    Paerisades

I do not know 3D , I hope the team will make these units. Because historically these units are a reality.

Persian large Bronze Shield Boss- 27-29 cm

assyrian warrior- with large shield boss round shield

Kartvelians large Bronze Shield Boss- 29-30 cm

IV-IIIc BC Kartvelian swordsmen infantry, with shields and Eastern conical helmet(persian or urartian type)

Last edited by Khevsur; January 21, 2021 at 03:01 PM.

Sinope and Amisos were Chalybeans city, also chalybeans( chani, lazi-old georgian-Colchian tribe) lived in by river halys,Bordered by Paphlagonians - Strabo, Pomponius Mela, Herodotus and many historians Writes about it. i think khaldian phalanx Should be available in Trebizond and Sinope, Colchian hoplites in Kutatisi and trebizond. Colchian Axemans (paesaegashka) in Kutatisi, Kartvelian warriors in Mtskheta and kutatisi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...olchian_tribes

Last edited by Khevsur; January 20, 2021 at 06:09 PM.

Colchian Warriors - Malimarephi (old colchian language ) .

This is Colchian Warrior According to Greek chroniclers And found Colchian Weapons .

Colchians wore conical leather helmets , similar paphlagonians. Calybes was isolated Colchian tribe,In early times Chalybes lived in the Hittite Empire in pontic mountains and in South-East black sea coast area . I think Colchian tribes leather helmets were similar Hittite or paphlagonians leather helmet.

also colchian Tribes tribes had Flax Armor ( Colchians were making flax , like Egyptians ) , Short Spears ( Javelins ) , Knemids , withe Bulls small Leather shields , Knives and axes. They wore felt and canvas

Last edited by Khevsur; January 21, 2021 at 01:07 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234