Thread: My RTW Gold Edition is patched at 1.3 and 1.4 ... cannot update the game to 1.5 or 1.6

Darkside's Avatar Miles

Icon5 My RTW Gold Edition is patched at 1.3 and 1.4 ... cannot update the game to 1.5 or 1.6

Hey all,

I've been off these forums for about 8 years or so. Haven't played the game in a while but recently had the irrestibile urge to strt playing again.

I installed my copy of RTW Gold Edition with the intention of also installing the Roma Surrectum mod. This mod requires either 1.6 for BI or 1.5 for RTW.I noticed, however, that my gold edition version of the game actually only comes at 1.4 for BI and 1.3 for RTW. I downloaded both patches but with the understanding that the 1.6 BI patch would also update the RTW version to 1.5. However, when attempting to launch either patch, I get an error message saying something like "Rome: Total War Gold Edition already installed; patch is incompatible."

These patches are mandatory for the mod. I've looked in the particular mod's forums as well as on other TW sites and even on google and haven't found anyone who knows a workaround for this peculiar problem. Before anyone asks, yes I'm sure that my editions are 1.4 and 1.3, seeing the version when I go to options for either BI or RTW.

So has anyone ever heard of this problem and how I can fix it? Installed in the default directory, no effect. Installed in a custom directory, no effect. Is it maybe a windows 10 issue: do I have to run compatibility mode for either the install or for the patches? This is really frustrating. Please help. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
    "So parents...hold on to your hats...the federal government is gonna give you 400 dollars for every child you have...so if you've got 1,000 kids...you're on freaking easy street. That's where you go, what is the government thinking? I mean wha, what do Congressmans' children eat -- MITES?!? All 400 dollars does is remind me how screwed I am; You'd be better off if you're Congressman just came to your door, and pissed on your foot."

BSADDB, RIP Brooster (09/2007)

Darkside's Avatar Miles

Default Re: My RTW Gold Edition is patched at 1.3 and 1.4 ... cannot update the game to 1.5 or 1.6

OKAY, I've found the answer:

My actual install IS at 1.6 and 1.5, but I downloaded no cd cracks for both EXEs because I was too lazy to install Daemon tools to mount an image and it's 2019 so I don't want to play with a damn DVD in my drive lol. Turns out these particular no cd cracks were for previous versions. When checking the details of the original EXEs, they ARE themost updated versions. If anyone ever has this problem again, tell them to be sure to get a no cd crack that is the latest version.
    "So parents...hold on to your hats...the federal government is gonna give you 400 dollars for every child you have...so if you've got 1,000 kids...you're on freaking easy street. That's where you go, what is the government thinking? I mean wha, what do Congressmans' children eat -- MITES?!? All 400 dollars does is remind me how screwed I am; You'd be better off if you're Congressman just came to your door, and pissed on your foot."

BSADDB, RIP Brooster (09/2007)