Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Siege of Jerusalem

Default Re: The Siege of Jerusalem

The Count of Boulogne had been approaching the Tower of David, soaked in sweat and gore, when the banners of Raymond of Toulouse were raised high over it. Orders were barked in Frankish, and soon enough the men of Boulogne had surrounded it.

“Tell your master to come out and speak with the Count of Boulogne.”

Eustace bellowed at one of the Occitan’s men, the order just about heard over the sounds of slaughter. He buried his sword in the dirt and leaned upon it, joints and muscles screaming at him from hours of use.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    The Count of Boulogne had been approaching the Tower of David, soaked in sweat and gore, when the banners of Raymond of Toulouse were raised high over it. Orders were barked in Frankish, and soon enough the men of Boulogne had surrounded it.

“Tell your master to come out and speak with the Count of Boulogne.”

Eustace bellowed at one of the Occitan’s men, the order just about heard over the sounds of slaughter. He buried his sword in the dirt and leaned upon it, joints and muscles screaming at him from hours of use.
    Raymond was beginning to descend the tower when a knight ran up, telling him that the Count of Boulogne desired to speak with him. The Count of Toulouse looks out of one of the tower's windows, seeing a number of the Frankish nobleman's soldiers surrounding the area. Nonetheless, the Count continued his descent and walked out of the main entrance to where Eustace awaited him.

Yes? What is it, Comte de Boulogne?
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

“My thanks on capturing the Tower, good Count. God is truly just to allow us to enter His city.”

Greeted Boulogne, still leaning on his blade. He stood upright, and removed his helmet, allowing Toulouse to look him in the eyes.

“It is a fitting Tower for the Lord of this city, is it not? I wish to know if you consider yourself thus.”

The taciturn count found little occasion for joy in this bloody scene, his characteristic frown lending him an air of hostility.

The fighting on the walls had been fierce and brief, the enemy abandoning the walls shortly after the occupants of the siege towers were unleashed, with more crusaders clamoring up the tower after them.To Raymond, it seemed to pass by in mere moments. One moment he is blocking a Saracen's strike with his sword, the next the man has turned and fled, pursued by another crusader wielding a mace, screaming "Deus Vult!" as he pursues. The Occitan knight, followed by the remnants of his retinue, makes his way down into the city as part of the unleashed horde, striking down fleeing enemy soldiers and several civilians who got in his way. One civilian attempted to strike the knight with a rock, only for it to harmlessly impact on his cuirass. One of the men with him stabbed at the peasant with his spear, followed by Raymond slicing one of the man's arms off with his sword. As Raymond and his men moved on, another crusader would finish off the man and begin looting the corpse.

After dealing with a small pocket of civilians and soldiers hiding in what looked to be a merchant's estate and taking several pieces of loot for himself, Raymond would walk out onto a balcony and look over the city and raise his bloodied sword to the sky. "Deus Vult!" he shouted, with several nearby crusaders joining in. The Occitan knight then muttered a prayer and made the sign of the cross before exiting the estate with his retinue after they had finished looting anything they could. As they left, one of the men would intentionally knock over one of the oil lanterns and start a small blaze.

Last edited by Xion; November 13, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

Citizen

Raymond looks rather curiously at Eustace, noting the hint of hostility that was laced within his words.

Capturing the Tower does secure the city, but who controls Jerusalem? Well... perhaps that is up to God.

Toulouse speaks, placing both hands in front of him as he looks directly at Eustace.

But I suppose that since my men captured the Tower, then it is I who will control it until a ruler is chosen. After all, the Pope told us to go on this Crusade, but did he dictate who was to rule?

Raymond glances once more at the Tower then back at the Frank.

I believe he who is to rule will be favored by God above all others. Do you not agree, Comte?

“You presume much, Count. You should leave the Tower until we’ve chosen who among us will lead.”

Countered Boulogne, pulling his blade from the dirt.

“God willed we take this city, but now we must decide who is to be it’s master.”

Citizen

Raymond eyes the Count curiously. He gestures to his own men who present.

Then tell me count, why did you bring so many men with you? Did you presume that the Tower was not taken and you would need to clear it out yourself? What then if you had taken this place instead of me? Would you leave the Tower as well or perhaps seek to utilize it as your own quarters?

Toulouse looks at Eustace with the curious look still present. He then gestures to the Tower behind him.

We will need quarters for our men though. Streets are pretty bloody... consider this where I am garrisoning my men, for now. I believe that is more than acceptable.

Raymond says before offering his own nod of agreement.

Indeed, Jerusalem will need a master and we will need to decide who soon enough.

"Then swear you shall turn it over to our leader, once they have been decided."

Eustace countered, eyes silently sizing the tower up - the number of men Raymond held inside, how difficult it would be to breach.

Citizen

Raymond crosses his arms slightly before nodding in agreement.

A fair notion and an acceptable one.

Of course, Raymond were to rule Jerusalem, then the agreement wouldn't matter much. Now would it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123