Thread: China says it has agreed with US to phase out tariffs imposed during trade war

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Default China says it has agreed with US to phase out tariffs imposed during trade war

https://www.newsweek.com/china-xi-ji...de-war-1470138
    TRUMP'S TRADE WAR WITH CHINA HAS 'DAMAGED BOTH ECONOMIES AND THE GLOBAL ECONOMIC SYSTEM' SAYS EXPERT

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: China says it has agreed with US to phase out tariffs imposed during trade war

I used to have a subscription to Newsweek magazine back in the seventies and early eighties. Back then it was a fairly neutral magazine and was an invaluable source for world news. Now it is practically irrelevant.

The article doesn't mention how the North Korea situation ties in with the trade war with China. In fact, China could never win a trade war with the US. The real eventuality here is that the US will have some leverage over China's parenting of North Korea.

The only reason China is playing over watch for North Korea is that they don't want a border with South Korea. The trade war issues were/and are a foregone conclusion.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: China says it has agreed with US to phase out tariffs imposed during trade war

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The only reason China is playing over watch for North Korea is that they don't want a border with South Korea. The trade war issues were/and are a foregone conclusion.
    What's wrong with that? If North Korea is no more, US troops would have to leave.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

So err Trump archived no systemic results but approaching an election is desperate to have china buy soy beans and pork.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    What's wrong with that? If North Korea is no more, US troops would have to leave.
    Why would they have to leave?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    So err Trump archived no systemic results but approaching an election is desperate to have china buy soy beans and pork.
    Technically, the US deep state/military/intelligence community pressured Trump into this trade war in return for protection against the rest of the 1%ers who wanted to impeach him.

Still, it shows that the Chinese are negotiating in good faith, despite Trump now saying that he can't promise to scale back the tariffs

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Trumpiest part is, China mostly replaced US suppliers with others in Latin and South America, so even if relations thaw tomorrow, mainland buyers won’t even be demanding the same pre-Trump volume. #Winning #MAGA
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Technically, the US deep state/military/intelligence community pressured Trump into this trade war in return for protection against the rest of the 1%ers who wanted to impeach him.
    Not making any sense. Trump latched on tariffs as a flim flam to sell to older white males, based on his own rather poor understanding of trade. Not a policy anyone in your trifecta and allowing the first does not really exist would recommend.

Still, it shows that the Chinese are negotiating in good faith, despite Trump now saying that he can't promise to scale back the tariffs
    Not sure how you mean that buying beans is just them fishing around to figure out what minimal headline the buffoon will bite on, substantive changes to how China runs its economy or on IP will not be forthcoming. I'm not sure where good faith comes in this is not a discussion about paying off an auto accident.
    Last edited by conon394; November 11, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Oh my sweet summer child...
    Optio, Legio I Latina