Thread: PSA for no fog of war bug (FIX)

Icon6 PSA for no fog of war bug (FIX)

Hey all,

I just reinstalled this great mod (Thanks again, team!), and had the no fog of war bug. It goes away if you just disband the spy that your faction starts with. No idea if you can create more spies or if you will lose fog of war again, but simply disbanding the spy immediately made my fog of war return .

Just a PSA for everyone else out there.

By the way, I check the mod .pack file and it doesn't look like spies have unlimited line of sight or anything, so I really have no idea what causes the bug.

Roma Invicta!

Default Re: PSA for no fog of war bug (FIX)

Sorry, quick note. You have to end your turn in addition to disbanding your spy to get fog of war back

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Thanks for sharing, I've been using an older version because of that bug

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I wonder why this doesn't work for me...

mod is dead man. sorry to tell you.

Julio, I tried it out with a bunch of different factions, it worked for all but maybe two of them for me. It's possible we have the fog of war bug for different reasons, and this fix won't help you . Just be sure to disband your spy and then end your turn, sometimes the FoW wouldn't go away for me until the start of my second turn.

As for the mod being dead, who can say. I remember reading somewhere that the creators are more or less on hiatus due to school and life stuff. Either way, I'm super grateful to them for putting so much time and effort into making such a great mod.