Thread: Can't build Roman Province in Aquincum?

Default Can't build Roman Province in Aquincum?

See title. Is the province lacking a hidden resource that lets you do this? I've noticed I can't build the 'province' building in Aimennikos (a bit to the west) either, but wrote that off as being due to it never being part of the historic Roman Empire. Aquincum very much was, though - the name even changes after you conquer it. What's the deal?

Default Re: Can't build Roman Province in Aquincum?

Has the settlement reached a certain population threshold? I believe Provincia is available from Town upwards.
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

The eastcelt hidden_resource isn't in the list; some of the more westerly Balkan Celtic provinces are included because of the horde_target h_r.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post
    Has the settlement reached a certain population threshold? I believe Provincia is available from Town upwards.
    Yes, it's a large town currently.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The eastcelt hidden_resource isn't in the list; some of the more westerly Balkan Celtic provinces are included because of the horde_target h_r.
    What does this mean?

This is the allowed list of hidden_resources for the provinc:

Code:
    and hidden_resource achaenleague or hidden_resource anatolian or hidden_resource celtiberia or hidden_resource deuteroi or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource egypt or hidden_resource gallic or hidden_resource horde_target or hidden_resource hr_island or hidden_resource hyparchia or hidden_resource iberia or hidden_resource illyria or hidden_resource libya or hidden_resource lusitan or hidden_resource numidia or hidden_resource pontic or hidden_resource punic or hidden_resource thrakia
    Balkan Celtic provinces are predominantly eastcelt, which isn't included.

So does that mean that I can't build 'Roman Province' there?

Nope, not as it's currently coded.