Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heinrich Kemmler Mortal Empires Campaign

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Heinrich Kemmler Mortal Empires Campaign

Ah, it's good to learn why Kemmler was punished. The woman who won't wake up adds a nice element of mystery. There's good phrasing here, such as the comment that the living (as opposed to the undead) were defiling a place with their presence and the line about 'sewing fear' back into human hearts.

My only concern is that, with six updates posted in a fairly short time, some readers might struggle to keep up. Also, keeping a few chapters ready to post give the writer more opportunities to develop plots (for example, if when you're writing chapter 12 about a great new character and you realise that this character would have also appeared briefly in chapter 9, then this isn't a problem if you haven't posted chapter 9 yet). Of course, how often you post chapters is up to you - sometimes writers want to get a tale published in a short time because they know they're going to be busy in a few days or weeks, or simply post quickly because they're enjoying it.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Indeed it's good that we learn more of our protagonists' past and motives. Brettonia seems on its last legs and Kemmler's empire can be solidified. I am interested to see how the Empire will respond to it.

I agree with Alwyn on the frequency of posting chapters, it can be a contributing factor to readers struggling to keep up. Ultimately you decide on how often you post and in the way you like it.

Mercenary2479's Avatar Foederatus

Kghdodge, wanted to personally thank you as well as commend you on what has been an exceptional read and an intriguing story so far. In particular, I have loved following the initial misfortunes and changes that have gone underway for Ferdinand and Isabella. Your ability to take what are generally written as mindless, hateful, malevolent beings and give them an almost sympathetic air is VERY impressive and makes the narrative that much more engrossing. This story in particular has my interest, and I can't wait to hear of what conquests "The beast and his bloody bride" accomplish next. Fear The Barrow Legion, for their servants are becoming the stuff of legend.

So I have some good news and some bad news. Good news is my son was born on November 18th and this is the reason I have not updated this since then. Bad news is that upon trying to load the saved game up a few days ago I realized my save was no longer able to load without crashing the game. This may be an issue with some of the mods I was using but i'm not super computer savvy so i'm not really sure. Unfortunately this means I cant complete this story. This greatly disappoints me as I was becoming pretty proud of what I had created so far. But I will be starting a new campaign, using no mods, and will attempt to actually finish the darn thing this time. I apologize for not being able to bring more to y'all regarding Kemmler's quest for world domination but the glory of Total War is that there is always the next campaign, and they never play out the same.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

A shame you can't continue this one yet I'm sure that we'll enjoy with what you come up next.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congatulations on this momentous news! I hope you'll continue this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12