Thread: Help with TATW

Default Help with TATW

Up until today I've had it working perfectly fine. Now, when I try to run the game using the desktop icon (like i always have) it brings up the error "windows cannot find kingdoms.exe). I saw that copying and renaming the medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe should work, it doesn't. Running the game now brings up "medieval 2 encountered an unspecified error and will now close". I tried renaming the TA file to one of the expansions, but it just brings up the regular expansion. I don't know what has happened. Nothing should have changed. I'm using a non-steam version so it wouldn't have auto-updated or anything. Any help is appreciated.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Help with TATW

Quote Originally Posted by Nultz View Post
    Up until today I've had it working perfectly fine. Now, when I try to run the game using the desktop icon (like i always have) it brings up the error "windows cannot find kingdoms.exe). I saw that copying and renaming the medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe should work, it doesn't. Running the game now brings up "medieval 2 encountered an unspecified error and will now close". I tried renaming the TA file to one of the expansions, but it just brings up the regular expansion. I don't know what has happened. Nothing should have changed. I'm using a non-steam version so it wouldn't have auto-updated or anything. Any help is appreciated.
    Welcome to TWC, Nultz.

Very strange that TATW would suddenly stop working when you have the disk version and didn't change anything. Although I also use the disk version, I have no idea why it spontaneously would stop working. Perhaps a reinstall will help, but that's about the only thing I can think of.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze