Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Submod] Female Generals

Default Re: [Submod] Female Generals

Thanks Drifter, this is so cool. I had asked Dresden about this a while back but it wasn’t a priority so I wrote it off. Really cool
    to have someone like you taking the initiative. I’m playing now with the barbarian plus Egypt version.

I did want to flag two things for you: first, that even for other factions (I’m playing as Pontus), the female “cursos honorum” matches the general tree rather than the abbreviated female version. Secondly, sending females on diplomatic missions still increases their rank by one point each mission. It’s functioning normally for men. Now I’m not too worried about it because while it creates an easy exploit for the player, I can just abide by house rules not to use it.

Thanks for making this! I just kept putting it off and finally forgot

I am going to link to this from the official submod thread.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello. How do you install this mod manually? I'm on the steam version. ^^

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

A) Put the chosed packs into the data folder (..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    B) Remember to revert to the old manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.
    C) Start Rome II
    D) In Mod Manger, check "Enable Out of Date Mods"
    E) Make sure all chosed packs are checked green. Their load order should be ok. It is given by the number of @, the more they are the more previous the mod is loaded/must be loaded
    F) Play

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Hello everyone,

This is a simple update to the Female Generals submod that is currently available through the "Official Submods" collection. It includes a fix that gives women the same traits as men upon recruitment, so that they now will be generated with the same Brawler, Commander, and Intellectual skill trackers that men are recruited with. It also ensures that all commanders follow the same Cursus Honorum path; women no longer have a unique four-stage career, but follow the same progression that any commander does. In short, it should pretty much remove any mechanical difference between the sexes.

This mod should be placed at the top of the load order in the Mod Manager. I have only tested this mod with Carthage, Rome, Sparta, Athens, Massilia, Syracuse, and Rhodes, to about 100 turns. Please let me know if there is any unexpected behavior or if I have missed any unforeseen issues.

Attachment 359902

Post edited by Modding Hex at Drifter's request to add download links for the additional versions from post #19Attachment 360025

Attachment 360023

Attachment 360024

I make no claim that these actually work as advertised, because I created them in five seconds and did not test them, but they should work perfectly. If they don't (i.e. you start seeing Roman women or Greek women or whatever), let me know and I'll figure out why.

Obviously, don't run any of these at the same time, or with the full every culture can have women version. Just one at a time.
    nice job, is this compatible with the vanilla game or do i need to get DEI as perquisite for this mod ?

is there a way to use this mod without DEI ? my legendary save file is not compatible with DEI and crashes when i load it. so while i want this mod, i cannot use it because it is dependent on DEI !!! can you create a non-DEI version of this ?

Is this save game compatible by any chance?

Its compatible in that it would probably work but it would have a mess for traits.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Ahura Mazda View Post
    is there a way to use this mod without DEI ? my legendary save file is not compatible with DEI and crashes when i load it. so while i want this mod, i cannot use it because it is dependent on DEI !!! can you create a non-DEI version of this ?
    There's a handful of non-DEI "enable female generals for all factions" mods out there on the Steam workshop.

but none of them have the Cursus honorum path for female generals. so female generals for factions that do not normally have access to them, will still have a 4 step promotion path and not the normal 7-8 step promotion path that male generals have !

Quote Originally Posted by Lin117 View Post
    There's a handful of non-DEI "enable female generals for all factions" mods out there on the Steam workshop.
    but none of them have the Cursus honorum path for female generals. so female generals for factions that do not normally have access to them, will still have a 4 step promotion path and not the normal 7-8 step promotion path that male generals have !

Hi can you recruit like female politicians, like the male ones from the recruiting panel (like buying them into your party), rather than just turning every goddamn female member of your & other factions female relatives into a potential general ? IMO this would otherwise break the game, as you dont need to buy any more generals/politicians, if every female charachter in the family tree also can become a general.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12