Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

Default Re: How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun
    Frostwulf even tried to pass an FBI informant who was not trying to portray Republicans as bad but to gather information as an example.
    You completely got this wrong! The information you are referring to is something different. Fulton and the FBI were working on militia things that had nothing to do with him being hired for security for the Republican candidate. Even his FBI handler asked Fulton “Really?” as to Fulton handcuffing the journalist. Ill reiterate, the militia and the FBI had nothing at all to do with the Republican candidate and what Fulton did to that Republicans campaign.

Fulton was hired by the Republican Miller for security, Fulton then “arrests” and handcuffs a journalist. The purpose of this was to make Miller and his campaign look bad. Fulton later admits this and complains that the left was bashing him, when he says: “I was working for you".
    Fulton, formerly an active participant in the Alaska Citizens Militia who said “99.9 percent” of his business came from Republicans, now says he’s fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. He said he thinks that “anybody should be allowed to marry anybody they want” and that abortion is an issue between a woman and her doctor. Global warming, he said, is real. He voted for President Barack Obama — both times.

But he’s still bitter about the drubbing he took from the media after he handcuffed a member of the fourth estate — an arrest he still defends. “The left-wing completely attacked me, including Huffington Post, you bastards,” Fulton said. “I was working for you, you sons of , and nobody knew it.”
    This is exactly the same kind of situation mentioned by the OP. Fulton sabotaged the Republican to sink his campaign, and he was successful as the media also played into it.
    The list is not long because there are many examples of left leaning people acting as crazy Republicans to make them look bad.
    Sorry, I haven't seen any other situations listed about "crazy Republicans", where are those links? And make sure as you pointed out, that it has to hit this narrow vein of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict
    I wish people would stop this "both sides do it/are the same" nonsense. Really, it's okay to note that one side is wrong and lying and the other side is right and telling the truth.
    Well the one above match’s the one listed by the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva
    This incident show clearly how the far right populists use the social media as weapon to misinform the electorate.

It shows further how important it is to inform yourself with the help of professional media. You should learn in school, what the dangers of social media are.

What do you think?
    I find it odd that:
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzFeed News
    LaRouche, who died at age 96 in February, was a political extremist who ran for president eight times between 1976 and 2004, mostly as a Democratic candidate.
    Are the Democrats now rightwing?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzFeed News
    The LaRouche PAC initially opposed Trump’s presidential campaign, even releasing a 2016 song that said “don’t be a chump for Trump” and describing him as “a festering pustule on Satan’s rump.”
    What exactly makes this group “far right”?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva
    It shows further how important it is to inform yourself with the help of professional media. You should learn in school, what the dangers of social media are.
    Professional media like FOX news?

Default Re: How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwulf View Post
    You completely got this wrong! The information you are referring to is something different. Fulton and the FBI were working on militia things that had nothing to do with him being hired for security for the Republican candidate. Even his FBI handler asked Fulton “Really?” as to Fulton handcuffing the journalist. Ill reiterate, the militia and the FBI had nothing at all to do with the Republican candidate and what Fulton did to that Republicans campaign.
    Fulton was hired by the Republican Miller for security, Fulton then “arrests” and handcuffs a journalist. The purpose of this was to make Miller and his campaign look bad. Fulton later admits this and complains that the left was bashing him, when he says: “I was working for you".
    This is exactly the same kind of situation mentioned by the OP. Fulton sabotaged the Republican to sink his campaign, and he was successful as the media also played into it.
    Fulton points out that he did it to get a better standing. I don't see how his arrest would somehow show Republicans as bad. The intention to hurt the campaign is never uttered. That's your addition.

Sorry, I haven't seen any other situations listed about "crazy Republicans", where are those links? And make sure as you pointed out, that it has to hit this narrow vein of discussion.
    You seem to be reading that sentence wrong.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Fulton points out that he did it to get a better standing. I don't see how his arrest would somehow show Republicans as bad. The intention to hurt the campaign is never uttered. That's your addition.
    Yes he did get a better standing with the Right-wing(at first, till the other part came out). It seems as an after thought he said:
    Fulton said the editor arrest actually helped boost his cover. “I mean, we got complete props from the right wing,” he said.
    Your missing the sentence again. He said this:
    But he’s still bitter about the drubbing he took from the media after he handcuffed a member of the fourth estate — an arrest he still defends. “The left-wing completely attacked me, including Huffington Post, you bastards,” Fulton said. “I was working for you, you sons of , and nobody knew it.”
    He points out the left-wing and the huffington post attacked him, because he handcuffed the reporter. Then he says "I was working for you". Who do you think he is referring to when he said I was working for you, the FBI? Of course not! He is referring to the left-wing, i.e. the media/huffington post. He was defending himself for the arrest of the reporter, that is what this is saying. So how does arresting a reporter help the left-wing/huffington post?

You seem to be reading that sentence wrong.
    You are correct, my apologies. But one thing that must also be pointed out, is that the group that did this to AOC, or at least it's leader ran multiple times as a Democrat. That causes some problems for the OP. Not to mention this seems to be the only one mentioned. Only one.

Yes he did get a better standing with the Right-wing(at first, till the other part came out). It seems as an after thought he said:
    Your missing the sentence again. He said this:
    He points out the left-wing and the huffington post attacked him, because he handcuffed the reporter. Then he says "I was working for you". Who do you think he is referring to when he said I was working for you, the FBI? Of course not! He is referring to the left-wing, i.e. the media/huffington post. He was defending himself for the arrest of the reporter, that is what this is saying. So how does arresting a reporter help the left-wing/huffington post?
    You are correct, my apologies. But one thing that must also be pointed out, is that the group that did this to AOC, or at least it's leader ran multiple times as a Democrat. That causes some problems for the OP. Not to mention this seems to be the only one mentioned. Only one.
    Fulton stating that he was working for the Democrats or leftists or the media doesn't really change the nature of what he did. So, I don't see somehow we should think that Fulton was trying to frame Republicans as something they were not.

The example in the OP is not the only one... Lyndon LaRouche is a surely disgraced Democrat. The article posted in the opening post indicates that they turned pro-Trump. They're aligned with far right policies like promoting the idea that global warming is a hoax. Not sure how that hurts the thread.

Republican pair apparently pose as communists to make Democratic donation
    Two young Arizona Republicans tried to make a donation to a congressman while posing as members of a university communist party, in an apparent attempt to tie the Democrat to the far left. On Friday afternoon in Flagstaff, two men who called themselves Jose Rosales and Ahmahd Sadia walked into the campaign office of first-term Democrat Tom O’Halleran, with $39.68 and an urgent desire for the “Northern Arizona University Communist party” to be given a receipt for the donation.
    The Armenian Issue

Fulton stating that he was working for the Democrats or leftists or the media doesn't really change the nature of what he did. So, I don't see somehow we should think that Fulton was trying to frame Republicans as something they were not.
    Fulton arrested the reporter on purpose to torpedo the Republican party candidate. I don't understand why you don't get that. But here:
    He didn't just talk. He put people in prison, and he sunk a Senate campaign while the FBI stood on and watched. Miller, whom I've been trying to talk to about this incident for two years (He erroneously thinks I'm a lefty and doesn't realize I'm just some pain-in-the-ass, old-school journalist who gets fixated on trying to find the truth) seems to be finally, at last, figuring out what happened.
    Here the reporter talks of "Drop Zone" who is Fulton:
    There was a publicity stunt all right, Joe. But it wasn't one staged by Dispatch. It was one staged by your associate Drop Zone, who handed you the knife with which you slit your own political throat. Remember how you took the Central school incident as an opportunity to declare war on the lamestream Alaska media? Not just Alaska Dispatch, either, but all of the media.
    And finally this from the guy who interviewed Fulton:
    The crazier thing is the FBI doesn't seem to care what its operative did to influence this election. One of Fulton's "handlers," Sandra Klein, told the LA Times this:

"Whatever he did on that part with Joe Miller was not anywhere in our purview that we were interested in."

Can you imagine what the national reaction would have been back in the 1970s if the FBI had caught one of Richard Nixon's dirty tricks gang monkeywrenching an election in this manner, and the FBI had said, "Oh, never mind. It's not anywhere in our purview that were interested in.''

The FBI doesn't seem at all ashamed about standing by and watching Fulton tamper with an election in Alaska. Fulton seems downright proud. And reporters like Murphy don't even seem to care enough to go back and fact-check the story. I wonder what the reaction would have been if an FBI plant posing as a lefty, but moonlighting undercover as a right-wing operative, had found a way last fall to sink the election campaign of Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., or any other Democrat for that matter?

Or maybe ensuring fair and free election in this country isn't in the FBI's purview. Maybe it was more important to get Cox and the others. They were, after all, posing as enemies of the state.
    I know we both could list more of these type of things:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/democr...-roy-moore-nyt
    A group of progressive Democrats allegedly pretended to be pro-Roy Moore teetotalers on Facebook and Twitter in the weeks before Alabama’s special Senate election in an effort to sway moderate Republicans toward Moore’s Democratic opponent Doug Jones, The New York Times reports.
    Same subject:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ican-roy-moore
    Democratic operatives, backed by a liberal billionaire and facilitated by a former Obama official, created thousands of fake Russian accounts to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s election against now-Sen. Doug Jones.
    And this:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/u...p-rallies.html
    Mr. Foval and Robert Creamer, another operative working for the Democratic National Committee, were the unwitting stars of undercover videos released this week in which they and others were captured discussing unseemly tactics like instigating violence at Mr. Trump’s rallies and arranging for fraudulent voting.
    Republican pair apparently pose as communists to make Democratic donation
    Two young Arizona Republicans tried to make a donation to a congressman while posing as members of a university communist party, in an apparent attempt to tie the Democrat to the far left. On Friday afternoon in Flagstaff, two men who called themselves Jose Rosales and Ahmahd Sadia walked into the campaign office of first-term Democrat Tom O’Halleran, with $39.68 and an urgent desire for the “Northern Arizona University Communist party” to be given a receipt for the donation.
    Yes absolutely the wrong thing to do, but not much difference from this or the Smollet situation:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-mic...party-scandal/
    Two former local Democratic party officials from Michigan face up to 14 years behind bars for allegedly forging paperwork to put fake Tea Party candidates on the November 2010 ballot.
    Sure the above isn't defaming anyone or group, but it serves the same purpose to deceive the rivals supporters. And if we were going to go this route......

Fulton arrested the reporter on purpose to torpedo the Republican party candidate. I don't understand why you don't get that. But here:
    Here the reporter talks of "Drop Zone" who is Fulton:
    And finally this from the guy who interviewed Fulton:
    I know we both could list more of these type of things:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/democr...-roy-moore-nyt
    Same subject:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ican-roy-moore
    And this:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/u...p-rallies.html
    Yes absolutely the wrong thing to do, but not much difference from this or the Smollet situation:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-mic...party-scandal/
    Sure the above isn't defaming anyone or group, but it serves the same purpose to deceive the rivals supporters. And if we were going to go this route......
    You seem to be trying to make more out of Fulton's case despite your previous sources pointing out that his actions were based on trying to get better standing with the group he was trying to infiltrate. What you don't seem to realize is that whatever Fulton did was supported by the actual group he was trying to infiltrate. He was not performing negative acts without the knowledge or approval of the people he represented from right wingers. I'm not sure what's more need to be said about that. You also keep referring to the Smollet case who was not trying to paint right wingers in a bad light but to paint himself as a victim to get preferential treatment. Why do we need to try to shape such examples into what you wanna point at if there are legitimate examples?
    The Armenian Issue

You seem to be trying to make more out of Fulton's case despite your previous sources pointing out that his actions were based on trying to get better standing with the group he was trying to infiltrate. What you don't seem to realize is that whatever Fulton did was supported by the actual group he was trying to infiltrate. He was not performing negative acts without the knowledge or approval of the people he represented from right wingers.
    You seem to be conflating two incidents again. Yes Fulton arresting the reporter gave him more credibility with the militia types. But that is not why he arrested the reporter, that was a side benefit. When Fulton says "I was working for you" wasn't to the FBI, it was to the leftist media. Fulton wasn't saying that because of the militia, but because of Miller the Republican candidate. Once again Fulton aka Drop Zone staged the arrest to make Miller look bad. Once again Miller hired Fulton for protection, this had nothing at all to do with the militia investigations, it was a side job for Fulton.
    Here are again statements:staged by your associate Drop Zone/ he sunk a Senate campaign /The FBI doesn't seem at all ashamed about standing by and watching Fulton tamper with an election in Alaska. Fulton seems downright proud. Does that really seem like the militia situation to you? Was there a militia campaign/election?
    You also keep referring to the Smollet case who was not trying to paint right wingers in a bad light but to paint himself as a victim to get preferential treatment.
    Why did he choose MAGA hats and claim they said this is "MAGA country", to say skinheads or KKK types? He did both things, try to make himself a victim all the while claiming right wing people were the perpetrators.
    Why do we need to try to shape such examples into what you wanna point at if there are legitimate examples?
    So you totally ignore the Roy More situation? And lest we forget, the OP example didn't quite work either. Yours I agree with, but again there are (contrary to some on this forum) examples that happened on both sides.
    I'm not sure what's more need to be said about that.
    If you cannot see that an investigation into a militia group is different then being security for campaign, then I agree, there doesn't seem to be any point in pursuing this.
    Last edited by Frostwulf; November 23, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

Sigh... You're projecting... Some of it doesn't even make sense give what I asked you. You made a parallel, I asked you to provide a similar example. You've been whining about that to cover for the lack of base you have.
    In some cases the propaganda is the same. The USSR reused Nazi-era propaganda when it became more anti-Semitic during the 1950s.

Guess who else re-used nazi propaganda? And is still using it.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Guess who else re-used nazi propaganda? And is still using it.
    Democrats and liberal left in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Democrats and liberal left in general.
    It isn't Democrats and liberals chanting "Jews will not replace us!" at their rallies.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

While I'm under no illusion that left wing politics is 'right' - I disagree on many levels and especially large swathes of their direction - it seems to me that 'the specific' when drawing a parallel between what the parties do is entirely relevant to the thread. The thread was created using a specific premise as foundation. Saying after the fact it works in 'the general' doesn't change the relevance of a very basic sequence:

Party A does something (a particular group in it anyways, as the foundation of the thread).
    OP says Party B does the same stuff as Party A.
    Poster wants to know what Party B did that is a parallel as Party A.

It's clear that speaking in 'the general' doesn't get anywhere and a former poster hinted at the existence of credible examples to make a direct link. What's the fuss about connecting the dots and making more specific examples, or at least noting incidents that fall under the desired blanket of 'left wing propaganda'? This post was written for up to page 2 (derp), but even with page 3 so far I reckon it still has ground to stand on.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; December 17, 2019 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    It isn't Democrats and liberals chanting "Jews will not replace us!" at their rallies.
    Oh I think that was the one being led by the democrat leaders Tliab and Omar. I think they were screaming BDS,"Benjamins", and saying something about "someone did something".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123