Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

A Pro-Trump Conspiracy Group Planted A Fake Climate Activist Who Suggested “Eating Babies” At An AOC Town Hall Meeting

The president and the far right slammed Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez over the bizarre town hall speaker who suggested eating babies to solve the climate crisis. But the pro-Trump LaRouche PAC, which believes climate change is a hoax, said it planted the troll.

President Donald Trump, his son Don Jr., and far-right conservatives attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez after a speaker at her town hall meeting Thursday night went on a bizarre rant about how eating babies is the only solution to the climate crisis.

But it turns out the stunt was staged by what is now a far-right pro-Trump conspiracy group that compares climate change activism to “genocide.”

Trump called Ocasio-Cortez a “wack job” on Twitter after his allies widely shared the video of the unidentified woman saying that Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal was not enough to solve the climate crisis.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...troll-larouche

This incident show clearly how the far right populists use the social media as weapon to misinform the electorate.

It shows further how important it is to inform yourself with the help of professional media. You should learn in school, what the dangers of social media are.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; November 02, 2019 at 08:45 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Default Re: How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

AOC is a stupid person that says stupid things, and got deservedly trolled. Screeching about "far-right propaganda" makes it even more hilarious.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: How far right propaganda works: "Eat the Babies" climate activist was a fake

We knew the woman was planted by Pro-Trumpers since like 2 days after the event. Also, not all the people that criticized AOC are far-right conservatives. But yes, it is trolling, it was meant to divide and it was a hit below the belt.

Aside of the clear anti-Trump propaganda that is the first post, I 100% agree that schools and modern education should take a stance to inform kids and parents about the dangers of social media, the divisive attacks and propaganda spread by both sides. Conservative Propaganda like the one the original post talks about and progressive propaganda like the original post itself.
    The dangers of radicalization by ISIS, far-right groups, far-left groups etc should be explained and the parents should be vigilant.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Let's keep in mind that communist cannibalism is an hallmark of the left, according to those right-wing abysmal idiots.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    We knew the woman was planted by Pro-Trumpers since like 2 days after the event. Also, not all the people that criticized AOC are far-right conservatives. But yes, it is trolling, it was meant to divide and it was a hit below the belt.

Aside of the clear anti-Trump propaganda that is the first post, I 100% agree that schools and modern education should take a stance to inform kids and parents about the dangers of social media, the divisive attacks and propaganda spread by both sides. Conservative Propaganda like the one the original post talks about and progressive propaganda like the original post itself.
    The dangers of radicalization by ISIS, far-right groups, far-left groups etc should be explained and the parents should be vigilant.
    You really have to stop this "both sides" nonsense. It's intellectually lazy.

Can you provide an example from the other side that is similar to what was described in the original post?
    The Armenian Issue

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    You really have to stop this "both sides" nonsense. It's intellectually lazy.
    It's not nonsense, both sides have people that do that stuff and are intellectually lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Can you provide an example from the other side that is similar to what was described in the original post?
    I said "The dangers of social media, the divisive attacks and propaganda spread by both sides" I didn't limit it to "Propaganda spread by planted trolls in political rallies". Do you disagree that both sides do divisive attacks and spread propaganda through social media?
    Do you really need me to post examples of divisive attacks and propaganda? It is very easy to find.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 03, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

It's not nonsense, both sides have people that do that stuff and are intellectually lazy.
    Really? Why don't you show me where a leftist fringe group planted a phony alt-right activist to discredit a politician within their town hall?

I said "The dangers of social media, the divisive attacks and propaganda spread by both sides" I didn't limit it to "Propaganda spread by planted trolls in political rallies". Do you disagree that both sides do divisive attacks and spread propaganda through social media? Do you really need me to post examples of divisive attacks and propaganda? It is very easy to find.
    Yeah mate. Imagine how evil it is to hold dumb politicians accountable. Instead of preaching about the evils of social media and propaganda, just be smarter. Or, like so many selfless young men and women, go out there to try to educate people. Your both sides nonsense is silly that adds literally nothing to the discourse except a phony sense of moral equivalency.

This just proves the utter abhorrence of right wing ideas. If anything the right wanted was at all attractive to decent human beings, lying and deception wouldn't have to be their first and often only tactic.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

It says a lot about the quality, and mental sanity, of democrat politics when a person ranting about eating babies is taken seriously for even 1 pico-second. The only way the troll would have been even more obvious is if she wore an "I'm a troll" t-shirt.

You people need Bernie like a desert needs water.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    It says a lot about the quality, and mental sanity, of democrat politics when a person ranting about eating babies is taken seriously for even 1 pico-second.

You people need Bernie like a desert needs water.
    It says something about the mental sanity that a person was treated with respect? Pretty sure you'd find something negative to say regardless of what happened.

I said "The dangers of social media, the divisive attacks and propaganda spread by both sides" I didn't limit it to "Propaganda spread by planted trolls in political rallies". Do you disagree that both sides do divisive attacks and spread propaganda through social media?
    Do you really need me to post examples of divisive attacks and propaganda? It is very easy to find.
    This is a thread that features a sort of false flag act. I need you to post an example where something similar to that happened from the other side.
    The Armenian Issue

There is no doubt that the PAC is currently pro-Trump...

https://twitter.com/larouchepac?lang=en

Mind you when discussing climate change, people should take heed of what the science says. A child could (quite literally) tell one that.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

It says a lot about the quality, and mental sanity, of democrat politics when a person ranting about eating babies is taken seriously for even 1 pico-second.
    I watched the video. Nobody in that room took her seriously. I and everybody else in the room assumed she was mentally ill, the poor girl. This abject comedy says a lot about the right wing intellectual indigence, and lack of intellectual integrity.
    Last edited by Ludicus; November 04, 2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I didn't watch the video because Buzzfeed. OP led me to believe that she was taken seriously and her being a troll was a major revelation.

It says something about the mental sanity that a person was treated with respect? Pretty sure you'd find something negative to say regardless of what happened.
    Respect is earned not demanded or handed out on a silver platter, especially not to somebody who is mentally ill or obviously trolling.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I didn't watch the video because Buzzfeed. OP led me to believe that she was taken seriously and her being a troll was a major revelation.

Respect is earned not demanded or handed out on a silver platter, especially not to somebody who is mentally ill or obviously trolling.
    It was earned. Respect is automatically assumed seeing as how this is a town hall and AOC serves in a public office by election. Or should AOC have asked the crazy lady whether she voted for her first?

Moderator Emeritus

Really? Why don't you show me where a leftist fringe group planted a phony alt-right activist to discredit a politician within their town hall?
    Answered in the second part you quoted

Yeah mate. Imagine how evil it is to hold dumb politicians accountable. Instead of preaching about the evils of social media and propaganda, just be smarter. Or, like so many selfless young men and women, go out there to try to educate people. Your both sides nonsense is silly that adds literally nothing to the discourse except a phony sense of moral equivalency.
    Dumb politicians exist in both sides of the divide. Both sides are morally equivalent and both sides have buttholes and snowflakes. Neither side is better.

I didn't just preach about the evils of social media and propaganda, I suggested going out there and educating people.
    I 100% agree that schools and modern education should take a stance to inform kids and parents about the dangers of social media, the divisive attacks and propaganda spread by both sides. [...]
    See? You're more or less saying what I said while accusing me of not saying.
    Glad you agree with everything I say except that neither side is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    This is a thread that features a sort of false flag act.
    Noooope, this is a thread to discuss political propaganda in the abstract sense, hence it is in the academy. It just provides an example.
    Propaganda from Goebbels, to communist propaganda of USSR, to planted trolls in debates, to antifa provocateurs often planted in rightwing rallies aaaaaaaall fall into the context of this thread.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 04, 2019 at 03:25 PM.

Answered in the second part you quoted

Dumb politicians exist in both sides of the divide. Both sides are morally equivalent and both sides have buttholes and snowflakes. Neither side is better.

I didn't just preach about the evils of social media and propaganda, I suggested going out there and educating people.

See? You're more or less saying what I said while accusing me of not saying.
    Glad you agree with everything I say except that neither side is better than the other.

Noooope, this is a thread to discuss political propaganda in the abstract sense, hence it is in the academy. It just provides an example.
    Propaganda from Goebbels, to communist propaganda of USSR, to planted trolls in debates, to antifa provocateurs often planted in rightwing rallies aaaaaaaall fall into the context of this thread.
    You haven't addressed anything that you quoted. When did "Leftists" orchestrate a false flag operation by hiring someone in order to discredit the Republican party?

Moderator Emeritus

You haven't addressed anything that you quoted. When did "Leftists" orchestrate a false flag operation by hiring someone in order to discredit the Republican party?
    1. China (Leftwings) do it in HK rallies. Democrats did it in Trump Rallies.
    2. As I said twice now: Just because you and DLS asked, doesn't mean I had to show a similar case. Leftwings didn't have to orchestrate a false flag operation for me to call them out for the dangers of propaganda.
    This is a thread about political propaganda, not about just inserting trolls and provocateurs in rallies. Discussing USSR's propaganda or the Chinese government's propaganda would be perfectly on theme.

Does this count?
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-m...vest_n_2444137
    Fulton, formerly an active participant in the Alaska Citizens Militia who said “99.9 percent” of his business came from Republicans, now says he’s fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. He said he thinks that “anybody should be allowed to marry anybody they want” and that abortion is an issue between a woman and her doctor. Global warming, he said, is real. He voted for President Barack Obama — both times.But he’s still bitter about the drubbing he took from the media after he handcuffed a member of the fourth estate — an arrest he still defends. “The left-wing completely attacked me, including Huffington Post, you b......s,” Fulton said. “I was working for you, you sons of , and nobody knew it.”
    This guy is hired by a republican, then this guy Fulton handcuffs a journalist during the campaign. Afterward he gets hammered by the left and basically admits to trying to sabotage the republicans campaign "“I was working for you".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-they-hire-/
    Maybe not what your looking for:
    Two top Democratic strategists have exited the presidential campaign after explosive undercover videos showed them discussing voter fraud and their roles in planting paid agitators at campaign events for Republican candidate Donald Trump.
    Paid agitators?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast