Thread: Population decline due to taxes

Default Population decline due to taxes

I am new to this mod and i love it too death

But i have a problem!I have united Thrace as the Odryssians and every settlement i have is declining in population due too taxation.I have noticed that if i have my governor on "Civil Admin" to raise taxes the pops go down even more!And i have a general that is speced to raise taxes and i have too kick him out now cause the declining pops Lower the taxbar to the lowest dosen't fix the problem either.

So in my next playthrough,should i not spec characters as tax raisers?Or maybe this is a bug?

Default Re: Population decline due to taxes

Did you sack/loot/razed settlements when you were taking them?

Doing any of the above will pretty much decimate the population. You should still go ahead and do it, if there are other reasons to consider.

I don`t have the full picture of your status in that game, but imo, it is probably best if you just weather it out and rely on the automatic replenishment that you get for being super-low on a certain type of pop (for instance you get +100 to your 2nd class pop after it falls beneath a certain number.)

Also, consider using whatever unit you can that draws from your 3rd class pop as your main melee unit. Then use your 2nd class pop for something like peltasts or other skirmisher/melee troops.

What i mean is that characters with tax rate skills is affecting the population growth. And i wondering if this is a bug or something?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

the pop script has some entries based on the tax % you're getting.
    so yeah, anything raising taxes will affect it.
    the more the taxes the more the people will tend to go away...

changing the tax level will surely change how that tax function work for the pop.
    if you don't notice any change then it means there are other scripted factors influencing it.

1st class should be least (or even not) affected by tax levels. Lower classes are most affected.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

So then what's the point of Dignitaries/Governors when they make my population decline because they raise the taxes?I have the taxbar at the lowest still there is red - numbers because "taxation" in the tooltip.