Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keystone Pipeline Leaks 383,000 Gallons of Oil

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: Keystone Pipeline Leaks 383,000 Gallons of Oil

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Oh, I agree, someone should go to jail because engineering requirements were not followed. Engineering pipelines is a well established discipline and if the requirements and regulations are followed this sort of thing wouldn't happen. I suspect someone was bribed or ignored the law for profit or possibly out of pure laziness, but pipeline workers aren't known for being lazy.
    It's not the ordinary workers/engineers who are lazy, it's the higher-ups being cheap and the authorities corrupt. E.g. the FAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

If you're a chief or even just medium exec at your company, and you can either a) save some money and expect to be rewarded with a big fat bonus to buy yourself a yacht with, or b) follow stringent regulations without anyone noticing, commending or even rewarding you for it. Which of the two are you going to do? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So no, it's not "pipeline workers" being "lazy", just like Boeing does have good engineers, as several leaks have proven. Those same leaks also prove that Boeing unfortunately also has some execs that prefer the short cut to the life saving high road.

And all those federal regulation bodies basically do what the moneybags tell them to. Not least because they can then switch careers and get rewarded with big fat paychecks from the very people they were supposed to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

It's always funny, yet simultaneously sad, to see real people being willing and enthusiastic tools for mega-corporations. Keep it up, buckos!
    Optio, Legio I Latina

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    It's always funny, yet simultaneously sad, to see real people being willing and enthusiastic tools for mega-corporations. Keep it up, buckos!
    You need some more explanation here. Are you saying that the rail companies, which was the democrat alternative to the pipeline aren't owned by corporations?

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    You need some more explanation here. Are you saying that the rail companies, which was the democrat alternative to the pipeline aren't owned by corporations?
    Yes. That's exctly what I'm saying. Keep up the good work.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12