Thread: Tweaking Clouds Across Europe v2.0

Default Tweaking Clouds Across Europe v2.0

Gigantus, to whom many thanks, has done a splendid job in getting this mod playable, with steam compatibility and numerous bug fixes.

I've only played 100 turns as England so far, so early days, but I've spotted a couple of gameplay tweaks that might be worth trying out to make the game more enjoyable.

I'm going to be playing the game more before attempting to actually change anything, but if anyone else spots SMALL improvements that could be easily incorporated into the game please post in this thread.

I think we should honour the intentions of the original mod creator, and leave the map, factions, units etc as they are.

Any major issues (that cause CTDs) should be reported in the main CAE v2.0 thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible tweaks :

1) Assimilation - basically exterminate if you capture a settlement from a different religion, or spam priests to boost your own before attacking.
    2) Reduce artillery spam in AI armies - done. Have reduced recruitment pool, increased cost.
    3) Slow down population growth so that settlements take longer to level up. Allows more time for buildings to be built before next level appears.
    4) I've noticed that you can only build mines for gold and silver. I know deep / large scale mining isn't really appropriate here,
    but the basic level of mining could be expanded to resources such as coal, iron. Leave gold and silver for the higher level. Done.
    5) The descr_strat needs buffing, too many regions start without any farms, roads or religious buildings. Done. except for religious buildings. Only for towns.
    6) The AI needs help with the cost of buildings, it fields too many cheap and useless units, not enough quality ones, probably because it can't afford to upgrade buildings.
    So far have removed peasants from all but lowest level of castles.
    7) AI loses control of settlements as it only has a general in there. When he dies, the settlement might rebel. Some changes to the EDB might help.

Fixes needed :

Unit cards for Lithuania and Teutonic Order need sorting out.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; November 09, 2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: updating

Default Re: Tweaking Clouds Across Europe v2.0

Tweak the unit cards for the teutonic order bc when playing in a battle teutonic inf unit card looks like a sword but really have a spear instead. The unit cards for lithuania are misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Tweak the unit cards for the teutonic order bc when playing in a battle teutonic inf unit card looks like a sword but really have a spear instead. The unit cards for lithuania are misleading.
    It seems the mod creator didn't quite finish their work with new factions.

I've noticed that TO gun holks are disguised as roman peasants.
    Looks like a lot needs to be ported over from the kingdoms mods ?
    Which is do-able - I'm still playing a campaign as England - but it can be added to the to do list

The Mongols clearly need some scripting to get them moving Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mongols.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	932.5 KB 
ID:	359883

Well... crap... you got a lot of troops there. You could easily taken over the 2 factions.

Mongols
    Not sure what the issue is, but they eventually went to war with the Khwarizmians.
    But some scripting might help push them into action.

Have implemented these, with some success

reducing artillery spam by increasing cost and reducing recruitment pool from 3 to 1.
    buffed the descr_strat to give all towns and above roads and some level of market. Added some ports and fields to towns
    removed a couple of stables from towns (they can only be built in castles)
    removed peasant recruitment from all but the lowest level of castles
    added some units from EDU to the mercenaries available.
    removed merc artillery
    added svenner to lower levels of swedish barracks and removed mongol invasion condition.
    changed a couple of rebel factions in descr_regions
    trying out savage's amended Lusted CAI
    trying out a version of my old rozmod settlement mechanics - needs more work
    moved naval academy up a city tier do it doesn't kick in so early.
    added law and happiness bonuses to town / city walls to help AI.

I'm open to suggestions of sub-mods that are compatible with this mod, without changing factions, units etc.
    (Adding roads to towns seems to help the mongols get going. - the AI can see further.)
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; November 09, 2019 at 06:14 PM. Reason: update

You can also increase the population requirement to uppgrade settlements, so that it takes longer for them grow larger and increase the Kings purse money for AI factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    You can also increase the population requirement to uppgrade settlements, so that it takes longer for them grow larger and increase the Kings purse money for AI factions.

Yes I know - I'll probably try different values for those in settlement mechanics as well.

Progressing slowly on :
    Added dhow / dromon / war galley / bagalah to Georgia and removed holks etc.
    Sorted out a couple of errors in the EDB re Lithuania ships.
    Added Georgia orthodox priests.

I'll have a look at Lithuania next

Take a look at kwarizmian(Idk how to say or spell) about their scripts and for Jerusalem and Sweden.