Thread: Rome in Custom Battles

Default Rome in Custom Battles

Hello,

I seem to have noticed that Rome is missing a lot of units in custom battles. Most of the unit roster seems to be made up of mercenaries with only a handful of actual Roman troops.

Is this just how it is or is there a way to restore the proper roster?

Thanks.

Default Re: Rome in Custom Battles

Custom battle rosters are a bit mess right now, but I haven't noticed any missing important Roman units.

You're probably missing the fact that they're available by era. If you select early era for custom battle, you get Camillian troops, middle for Polybian and late for Marian era units. But you can't mix them up in one battle.

Edit: in any case, fixing the custom battle rosters is easy, but tedious. Open the EDU file in Notepad++, last lines of every unit entry is availability for custom battle...it's quite self-explanatory.
    Last edited by Sar1n; October 30, 2019 at 08:29 PM.

Which units do you think are missing? They have most of those that should be available for each era.

Also note there is an upper limit on how many units can be shown on the selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Custom battle rosters are a bit mess right now, but I haven't noticed any missing important Roman units.

You're probably missing the fact that they're available by era. If you select early era for custom battle, you get Camillian troops, middle for Polybian and late for Marian era units. But you can't mix them up in one battle.

Edit: in any case, fixing the custom battle rosters is easy, but tedious. Open the EDU file in Notepad++, last lines of every unit entry is availability for custom battle...it's quite self-explanatory.
    Yes, I think the eras are the issue, thanks.