Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

And yet this has been happening in the auto industry for a bunch of years now

using computers to design, model, and test aircraft before an actual prototype is built
    Again, you're taking a marketing campaign and making it sound like the next hot water invention.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    And yet this has been happening in the auto industry for a bunch of years now
    Again, you're taking a marketing campaign and making it sound like the next hot water invention.
    Whatever you're understanding it to be, its not how F-35 was designed. It's a product of mid 2010s. A stealth fighter jet is not a VW Golf.
    The Armenian Issue

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Obama was as the project started before Trump.
    It got the get go months before Trump and then was finished in lighting speed under Trump.

Look at how successfully Trump got COVID19 into his system. He should be applauded for that.

That was a good one. However, the Media didn't under-report Trump's success in getting COVID19 despite the countless measures and personnel dedicated to the 74-years old man NOT get COVID.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

A stealth fighter jet is not a VW Golf.
    Not literally... but the way it is used for diplomacy - buying factory jobs across the globe to improve local politician's support - makes it exactly a VW Golf.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Not literally... but the way it is used for diplomacy - buying factory jobs across the globe to improve local politician's support - makes it exactly a VW Golf.
    Which has no relation to what we're talking about since we're not talking about factory jobs but design process.
    The Armenian Issue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...itic-hardline/

You may disagree with Trump a lot, but his policies, stance and threats worked to turn Saudi Arabia closer to Israel. At least at the time Middle East seems more peaceful as it has been since Bush2 attacked Iraq for Halliburton.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Many of us we are not suscribed to the telegraph/cant read the article

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

You may disagree with Trump a lot, but his policies, stance and threats worked to turn Saudi Arabia closer to Israel. At least at the time Middle East seems more peaceful as it has been since Bush2 attacked Iraq for Halliburton.
    Yes but if you start from a position of not caring and or care more about keeping involved/turning a blind eye to Yemen I see no success. Doing nothing to stop money from the house of Saud pumping up its preferred form of radical Islam all over the world, again no success. Extracting the US from a damning alliance to what should be a pariah state still no success.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I disagree. Saudis pump less money to radical Islam across the world now.

@Miskhin, you can google the article and find it in different sources or find similar articles. Here's the Times of Israel. I am not subscribed there and I can see the article, so I guess everyone can.
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/anti-s...itoring-group/

"Attitudes towards Israel are becoming “more balanced and tolerant,” the group said in the statement. As an example, it noted the removal of an entire chapter that was titled “the Zionist danger” that delegitimized Israel’s right to exist. More generally, the majority of references to jihad have been removed, whereas a decade ago the focus of the curriculum was to prepare students for martyrdom, the group found."
    Last edited by alhoon; December 18, 2020 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I disagree. Saudis pump less money to radical Islam across the world now.
    How much ere they pumping? How much are they pumping now?
    The Armenian Issue

How much ere they pumping? How much are they pumping now?
    I don't have exact numbers, but going by the articles above... they're pumping less than they were. For example they stopped focusing their curriculum on Martyrdom in the Jihad. That alone is a good deal of money.

"Attitudes towards Israel are becoming “more balanced and tolerant,” the group said in the statement. As an example, it noted the removal of an entire chapter that was titled “the Zionist danger” that delegitimized Israel’s right to exist. More generally, the majority of references to jihad have been removed, whereas a decade ago the focus of the curriculum was to prepare students for martyrdom, the group found."
    As though that is a good thing...

You think that not preparing young kids for martyrdom and Jihad is not a good thing?

You think that not preparing young kids for martyrdom and Jihad is not a good thing?
    His point, which doubles as a joke, is that it depends upon who you ask. There are a lot people who do consider jihad against the Zionist entity and martyrdom serving that cause to be a good thing.

Come on alhoon, I've been told that Greeks invented sarcasm, along with everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

I don't have exact numbers, but going by the articles above... they're pumping less than they were. For example they stopped focusing their curriculum on Martyrdom in the Jihad. That alone is a good deal of money.
    Not teaching kids about the concept of martyrdom is spending less money now?
    The Armenian Issue

obviously.

obviously.
    How? How does teacher skipping that subject in school effect the funding various groups around the globe receive from Saudi Arabia?
    The Armenian Issue

How? How does teacher skipping that subject in school effect the funding various groups around the globe receive from Saudi Arabia?

Since I have to explain the obvious:
    A whole chapter from books removed =
    - You don't pay teachers to teach said chapter
    - You don't pay to print this chapter

This is money not spent on radicalizing youth. This is money the hardcores in education of Saudi Arabia don't receive.

And far more important than the many thousands of Saudi man-hours, not financially but culturally is the fact that Saudi Arabia's curriculum becomes far more neutral.

Since I have to explain the obvious:
    A whole chapter from books removed =
    - You don't pay teachers to teach said chapter
    - You don't pay to print this chapter
    This is money not spent on radicalizing youth. This is money the hardcores in education of Saudi Arabia don't receive.
    And far more important than the many thousands of Saudi man-hours, not financially but culturally is the fact that Saudi Arabia's curriculum becomes far more neutral.
    This isn't just false but its as petty as it gets. Clearly, you made a claim without checking its validity the slightest. I can only hope that the next generation gets better at acknowledging an obviously stupid claim for what it is...
    The Armenian Issue

This isn't just false but its as petty as it gets. Clearly, you made a claim without checking its validity the slightest. I can only hope that the next generation gets better at acknowledging an obviously stupid claim for what it is...
    Seriously? You actually consider the claim that removing a whole chapter on Martyrdom and Jihad leads to deradicalization of Saudi Arabia's youth and is less money spent in spreading extremism ... as a "false and petty" claim? Seriously?

I wonder how far Trump's sworn detractors would go to deny the few but obvious successes of Donald Trump.