Thread: Adding Double-Barreled Muskets

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Adding Double-Barreled Muskets

I am currently trying to add double-barreled muskets back into Napoleon Total War for a mod I am working on that features a special units that I hope will use these weapons. The gun was featured in Empire Total War and was used by the Grenzer unit of that game. I noticed that the texture map seemed to have all the old equipment from the previous game, so I figured this would only be a matter of making a equipment entity under db/warscape_equipment_themes_tables, featuring the double_musket (which still exists within db/warscape_equipment_items_tables). However, even after completing the unit giving them the equipment in the table "unit_states_land," the unit does not seem to appear in battle with their guns at all. The rest of the uniform variant works exactly - no missing pieces, visual errors or bugs, but they just don't have their guns.

Is there anything I am missing while giving them this equipment? Do I, for example, need to work within a different table to make sure it all connects? Or is it a problem on the Variant side, where I would need to enter the variant file in order to provide them with the equipment? For example in this latter case: Rifle-armed units have a series of variant entries under the headings "equipment_ambient," "equipment_primary_weapon," and "equipment_secondary_weapon." Would those need to be adjusted in order to add the double-musket onto the variant?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; October 28, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Adding Double-Barreled Muskets

I realize it might be more helpful if I posted an image of the situation:

The problem does not seem to be with the equipment entity at all. The backpacks work, and if I misspelled the the double-musket entry, the game probably would have crashed either upon start-up, or when entering into the battle.

Furthermore, it is worth noting that when the infantry shoot at the enemy, the game still functions smoothly, and it appears that each soldier is firing two projectiles, so the model and equipment entities ARE working correctly.

Therefore, the last reasoning I can think of is that the skin for a double-barreled musket no longer exists in this game, even if there are remnants of other past equipment items from Empire. The other idea, and I would much rather have this be the case, is that Napoleon Total War does not have the skin mapped onto the model, and therefore I would need to do something to change that in order to get it to appear correctly.

Attempting to add the double-musket through the variant files does not seem to work either. The game appears stable, but still invisible guns.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; October 28, 2019 at 10:10 PM.

Default Re: Adding Double-Barreled Muskets

I started playing (I should say modding) Napoleon Total War again recently and have stumbled upon the same issue importing equipment from ETW. Although the weapons and equipments are included in the texture file, the NTW variant_mesh does not contain the old weapons. It would be necessary to use both Ultimate Unwrap 3D and Milkshape to convert and add the double-barreled gun the equipment mesh.variant_part_mesh.

Around 10 years ago, it seems Sotericus successfully added some ETW pitchfork into NTW. I haven't found any file showing his results however. It would be amazing if there was someone who would have an "upgraded" NTW equipment mesh file that would enable us to really use what is located in the warscape_equipment_table:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pment-from-ETW

I would gladly start working on it, but am not willing to buy UU3D to convert the weighted_mesh from ETW...