Thread: Website & Units Database

Icon4 Website & Units Database

After a bit more work than I had anticipated, we finally have a new website to show off It includes News, Guides, Faction Info, Unit Previews, and more!

Check it out!

https://divideetimperamod.com

We also now have a Units Database!

https://divideetimperamod.com/units-database/
    Last edited by Dresden; May 18, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: New Website Launched!

Looks terrific!

Clean and professional. I like it a lot

Looking like a pretty good start! Are there plans to add more information, such as adding unit names/stats/descriptions in with their pictures and showing tech trees/building chains under the factions menu? Also, the Region Effects menu is a little difficult to go through for the time being, but widening the spreadsheet ought to fix that

I really like this, already bookmarked I like the faction infos about units and the map, makes a lot easier to get information about what factions to play against what in MPC for example

Quote Originally Posted by IngloriousJosh View Post
    Looking like a pretty good start! Are there plans to add more information, such as adding unit names/stats/descriptions in with their pictures and showing tech trees/building chains under the factions menu? Also, the Region Effects menu is a little difficult to go through for the time being, but widening the spreadsheet ought to fix that
    Yes I would like to expand on the information aspect in the future. This is just a launch version to get it out there and going.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Really impressive website, well done!

I may have missed it previously but that is a new resources map to me, excellent job!

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Great job guys - an excellent resource!

Oh yeah, it's all coming together!

Bookmarked and ad blocker disabled!

Edit: Would it be possible to ad an aor map for the legions submod?
    Last edited by Seggi911; November 01, 2019 at 09:22 AM.

In the future we could expand the submod section.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 18, 2021 at 06:43 PM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Website & Units Database

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

May I ask if there is anywhere to check which units (specifically, those unique to Maurya) respond to which units in in data.rome2.pack/db/land_unit_tables and main_unit_tables, if these are the correct files to modify in order to modify units in divide et impera grand campaign.
    i didnt see this info anywhere on forum or your site, sry if i missed it...

nvm, i was way out, sry cant delete my message so im double-posting so someone takes this down. so sorry, once again

It would be great if you could show unit cost/upkeep in the units database

First let me say that this is an awesome mod!

I have some questions about AOR and/or auxiliary recruitments, mainly playing as Rome, as I absolutely love to customize my legions with a few "exotic" units. I have a hard time figuring out what I can recruit and where and was wondering if there is a good source of info on this somewhere. So far I'm using:

1) The units database from the official DEI website (https://divideetimperamod.com/units-auxiliary/), but I find it lacking in precision as to exactly which regions (i.e. not provinces) can produce what. So it's more a nice overview, but not that useful (for my purposes). And some units seem unavailable in my game.

2) The AOR and auxiliary "guides", also from the official website (https://divideetimperamod.com/aor/). These provide an excellent overview but again, unfortunately don't seem to always correspond to what I can recruit in my game. Examples are: no elephants in Libya, no horse archers in Kavkasos, etc.

3) The DEI section of the Royal Military Academy website (https://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2...dei&f=rom_rome). Awesome resource but again does not seem fully up-to-date.

I'm aware that units aux/AOR units become available through the Auxiliary Garrison building chain, and in some instances also through the main government building of a region. But are there other buildings I need also? I'm also aware that some units are locked until you reach certain reforms, but even after reaching the Imperial reform I still don't seem to have access to some units. Finally I'm aware that some units are not necessarily province-based but rather region-based (i.e. you need the right building in the right city and not just in any city of a given province). But am I missing some other requirement?

The units I am really interested in recruiting, if anyone can point me in the right direction, are:
    - African Elephants (I have the Syrian ones).
    - Indian Elephants, although I haven't really looked for these as I believe I would need to go further east than I want to. Still interested to know, though.
    - Light Horse Archers (I have access to the heavier variety for example in Syria, Galatia/Cappadocia and Thracia).
    - some of the Veteran Auxiliary Spearmen (those with double man-count e.g. 400 men instead of 200). Based on the honga.net website, there should be 3 of the "Civium" variant available in Corsica/Sardinia-Sicily-Magna Graecia-Atium, but I can only find 2.
    - Rhodian Slingers, beyond the measly 4 that I can get from Rhodes' government building. I realize this limit of 4 might be intended but it seems strange as both Cretan Archers and Balearic Slingers are available in greater numbers from Auxiliary Garrisons (in addition to the government building).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wondering if I posted the above in the wrong place since no-one responds?

In the meantime however, I discovered that the "immigrants" building chain unlocks some AOR units. For example, by building that in the Ethiopia province I now have access to African elephants there. Not so with Horse Archers in Kavkasos, however (neither in the province capital nor in a minor settlement). Nor with Rhodian Slingers in Rhodes...

Any additional info from anyone would be much appreciated, thanks.