Thread: When to use the battle autoresolve option

Default When to use the battle autoresolve option

Do you frequently use the battle autoresolve option? And why or why not? In my case at least I wouldn't use it if the prediction says I'm going to lose about half of my army

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: When to use the battle autoresolve option

I use it occasionally rather than frequently, because I enjoy playing the battles. I use it mainly when the odds are decisively in my favour, for example when I've defeated an army but not destroyed it, and the remnant retreated. In that situation, it doesn't seem worth it to deploy my army just to kill a handful of enemies. Sometimes I use it when I'm caught up in the sequence of events in a campaign, have limited time to play and want to know what happened next.

I feel like the battles are the fun part of the Total War games. For country management I prefer Europa Universalis, but when you combine the country management of Total War games with the battles, it becomes waaay more interesting. Personally I play out slightly less than half of the battles, especially when the odds seem to be heavily stacked in my favor.

I only use it when I am pressed for time or if the battle is completely one sided in my favor. It's best to be avoided in general though, as autoresolve is a quick way to kill off your cavalry units.

Maybe the autoresolve option should be used only if the prediction says you're goint to lose only about 10 % of your army

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I only use it when I am pressed for time or if the battle is completely one sided in my favor. It's best to be avoided in general though, as autoresolve is a quick way to kill off your cavalry units.

I think that happens if you choose the agressive stance

Quote Originally Posted by twgamer20197 View Post
    I think that happens if you choose the agressive stance
    Autoresolve has been killing my cavalry since Rome 1

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Autoresolve has been killing my cavalry since Rome 1
    Let me tell you something: I really used to be a coward for facing a battle. I used to chose the autoresolve option most of the times even if the odds were just about 70% on my favor ( you lose many men in that case ). Currently, I fight all my battles in the battlefield except if there is no need to bother fighting on the battlefield ( when the odds are higher than 95% on my favor ). For example when a rebellion recently starts and the enemy has only 2-4 stacks of units