Thread: Will the One Ring spawn in Hotseat mode?

Icon5 Will the One Ring spawn in Hotseat mode?

I'm ~100 turns in a Hotseat Campaign and was just wondering if, despite all the other differences that hotseat mode has from singleplayer, the One Ring ever spawns? If not I'd be really bummed

Default Re: Will the One Ring spawn in Hotseat mode?

It depends on which hotseat submod you're using. If it hasn't spawned by turn 100 it probably won't spawn. The original One Ring script in DAC is not hotseat compatible. It breaks if you control good and evil factions simultaneously, the "spotters" won't be given to the correct factions, and the missions won't work correctly. So if you're not using any hotseat submod, then it's highly likely that the ring will never spawn or that the script will be broken.

what submods should I use if I want the one ring in hotseat? Thanks for answering, by the way

I know of two hotseat submods for DAC. I don't know if either kept the One Ring script. Keep in mind that single player scripts will work normally in hotseat so long as you're only playing with one human faction. That might not make sense - why would you be playing hotseat with just one faction? But I guess you will have to take my word for it that there actually a bunch of benefits to playing single player in hotseat mode.

Anyway, those submods should say whether or not the One Ring script is enabled. If not you should ask the creator.

Thanks!