Thread: Unplayable due to lag

Civis

Default Unplayable due to lag

Hi!, the mod looks awesome but i cant play it due to lag, after starting a campaign even the cursor moves with a 20 sec lag, wich makes the game unpleayable, is there a video setting or something else that i should care for? thanks!!

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Unplayable due to lag

I had the same issues when playing on a windows 10 machine, and it was solved by making sure the RomeTW-BI.exe is running in Windows 7 compatability mode. Make sure you change the settings for all users.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    I had the same issues when playing on a windows 10 machine, and it was solved by making sure the RomeTW-BI.exe is running in Windows 7 compatability mode. Make sure you change the settings for all users.
    That made little to no difference for me, apart from the fact that it also crashed after about a minute...

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Is your problem happening in FATW or in Rome vanilla generally?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hi Fourth Age team, sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I am having the exact same problem. I was away from TWC for a loooong time (I used to test for Roma Surrectum, back when 2 was in development, as well as for Chivalry submods, I made a submod for Invasio Barbarorum, etc.) but felt the nostalgic urge to go back to some of the greatest mods for the older games (RTW and Med2) and I wanted to give this one a go again . I'm running a 4 core 7th gen intel core i5 with an Nvidia GTX 1050, Windows 10. I tried a bunch of fixes, including the one suggested above regarding compatibility mode, but that didn't do any good unfortunately. I have tried other mods just to see if there was a difference (EB, Chivalry, vanilla+BI) and this extreme lag only occurs for Fourth Age.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, thank you very much for your diligent work on this mod - I played it a long, long time ago and it was quite good then, I can only imagine how much it has improved!

EDIT: I solved the problem! After researching this problem quite a bit - I came upon a very... unlikely and strange solution, which was just downloading a random .dll file and placing it in the Rome Total War Gold folder. Now, not only does Fourth Age run well, but every single mod for Rome Total War runs like a dream, as it should on modern hardware. If anyone else is having this problem, here is the solution that worked for me: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dern-computers

The issue has to do with Nvidia Optimus - it just doesn't play nice with RTW for some reason. Strange solution, but it works.
    Last edited by Drtad; July 03, 2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: New Info/SOLVED
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces