Thread: Is it me or the Antigonids always get smoked?

Default Is it me or the Antigonids always get smoked?

I've been playing this mod for on and off 2-3 years and I think never ever saw this faction survive early to mid game, let alone expand and make anything. Even dabbling in many sub-mods or what have you, there is only one constant, Antigonids do not survive, even with that hellenic focused mo.What is interesting is that, even in Ancient Empires a mod for Attila by a completely different team, they also never do anything, though I haven't played it nearly as much.

Is it cause they are situated in awkward position facing many Illirian and Thracian tribes, Rome and Seleucid lackeys? Though its about 95% time that Thracians or Illyirians kill them.

nikossaiz's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Is it me or the Antigonids always get smoked?

Try to play testudo submod. Propavly because of its slow pace, Around turn 160 macedon has all greece and fights with rome in heiperus. But have in mind that is a little of a dice roll what the ai will do its turn

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

If you don't wanna play testudo you may try Age of Hellenism, this type of mechanics (preserving some factions) are similar.
    And yeah, like nikos said, it is always a matter of random situations. It doesn't always happen.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I think it is their position. They are surrounded by very different factions. Greeks to the south, romans coming from the west, tribes from the north and mix of factions from the east.

In my current game as Rome, I saw them take almost all of greece and the balkans before the Ardiaei, Sparta, the scythians, the Daci and what was left of the Odryssians all attacked and destroyed the Antigonids.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah it has been made this way so to give an hard time to the player but there are quite a lot of ways to counter this for AI.

the only constant in this game is that whoever conquers libya will have the nasamones violent protestors breaking their cities ad eternum.

colonel klinck's Avatar Foederatus

Hi,

I personally didn't found abnormal that Macedon more or less slowly crumbles to dust when Rome and other factions tended to begin their ascension. It happened indeed after Alexander the Great.... they slowly loose influence power and territories while involved in a nearly constant state of war against other greek cities/states and the two other Alexander's heirs factions.

By the way people who want to play Rome 2 DEI as the Antigonid faction are warned in the game's description that they'll have to face a real challenge...