Thread: Pointing out to the mod developers something that is often implied but still understated

Default Pointing out to the mod developers something that is often implied but still understated

Since I dont know in which thread I could post this without it being off-topic, and if this thread is improper feel free to close/delete it;

I only wished to create this post to convey my thanks to the developers of this mod for achieveing something that no other mod so far, and much less the game developers, have achieved: a better battle experience, visuals, immersion, unit detail, faction diversity and perhaps countless other categories of things which only improve one's experience with the game; and not merely improve: the modders here havent simply bettered the game, they probably excelled it to a peak point of potential; I doubt any other group of people would achieve something similar without the likely substantial ammount of love and dedication this team has put into something that doesnt necessarily gives them any monetary compensation: this mod is free; various developers with immense budgets and market sells have not achieved this, and its possible because no ammount of resources in the world can replace genuine dedication and passion; but those are just my impressions.

Thanks for the great mod.

Default Re: Pointing out to the mod developers something that is often implied but still understated

Thanks for the kind words

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Pointing out to the mod developers something that is often implied but still understated

Absolutely agree, one of the best mods, if not, the best mod i've played for any game. Took a mediocre (at best) game at launch and made it superb. Thx DeI team, you're doing Jupiter's blessing

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thank you and stay tuned for next experimental battle pack
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

such kind words need a reaction - thank you for your kind words! Keep enjoying Rome 2

Hands down the best video game I’ve ever played. In part because of the historical immersion and how much it has inspired me to learn about a subject I had known almost nothing.

If this mod didn't exist I would probably not have or play rtw2.

+++Yes! Best mod.is there a chance to see the walls of the minors, Rhodes, Memphis and other cities are Very lacking them.You made the walls of Crete, why not others, Egypt is sorely lacking in Memphis. I saw we Russian modders, the walls of the minors, everything is done, you have a conflict perhaps?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Crete has walls because its vanilla map (thanks to CA never correcting it) is bugged and it crashes or it has sea inside the city, can't remember now.
    That's the only reason.

Having walls for every settlement is a nonesense, it would mean that every settlement in the same province will have the same battle map.
    Also, playing siege battles in non walled settlement is fun.

It's nonsense because all the walls are same and upgrading them makes little no difference. Even original Rome made clear difference between wood and stone walls which lead to a very different battle scenarios. I still don't get why you have to have a battle in a open field when you sally and not to use the advantage of the walls.

Patrician

yeah, sadly it's this way.
    Let's just focus on the things we can actually improve. It's the best choice we have.

Absolutely true, i find myself incapable of even playing other total war games since they dont have a DEI overhaul, truly nothing has had this much work for realism and historical accuracy as well as faction distintion and unit variaty and game difficulty.

DEI excels in everything and is what rome 2 was meant to be on launch so big thanks to all the team for making this awesome piece of work for the community.

Patrician

Well, there are awesome mods both for M2TW and napoleon/empire, even warhammer 2 and attila have something which is becoming pretty serious.
    Overhauls like Stainless Steel, Europa Barbarorum and TATW are an example (all for M2TW).
    Luckilly DeI is not alone.

Europa Barbarorum is the greatest mod ever made

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Europa Barbarorum is the greatest mod ever made
    This is true - the main reason is I've played it when I was so young ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Well, there are awesome mods both for M2TW and napoleon/empire, even warhammer 2 and attila have something which is becoming pretty serious.
    Overhauls like Stainless Steel, Europa Barbarorum and TATW are an example (all for M2TW).
    Luckilly DeI is not alone.
    That's even more true, keeping in mind that it's EB II - it's quite different from the base EB for the RTW.

That's said I find the BAI for DeI the best of all games.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!