Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 3

Default Re: Crusader Kings 3

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Looks fun but the setting is tremendously boring to me, does anyone know how difficult it is to mod? I'd like to change the setting into something of actual interest.
    There are already many mods out that are pretty well fleshed out. You could take a look at the Bronze Age mod:

Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Boring setting? Then imagine the rest of the world was even more boring at the time. There are some cool mods in development on moddb and you can find something on youtube. Only that again, i dont know what you wont find boring.
    Their is a large world outside of medieval Europe, you might be surprised to find. I'll try my luck in Moddb.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    That's pretty much the only interesting part of the world during the time-frame.
    You've always been one to have terrible opinions and taste, so it makes sense that you'd think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    There are already many mods out that are pretty well fleshed out. You could take a look at the Bronze Age mod:

I've heard of that mod, I think it had been done for Imperator, but ported into this game, I might check it out.
    Last edited by saxdude; September 10, 2020 at 02:35 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Lmao. Ok, have fun doing nothing in the americas for 700 years.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Lmao. Ok, have fun doing nothing in the americas for 700 years.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No need to get salty that I don't share your boring ass tastes, Settra.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Their is a large world outside of medieval Europe, you might be surprised to find. I'll try my luck in Moddb.
    I actually gave you a valid answer. You will not be patronizing me, dude. I wont be wasting my time reading your posts anymore. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post

No need to get salty that I don't share your boring ass tastes, Settra.
    Lol. You're the only one getting salty here mate. There is nothing interesting happening outside of the game map during the time frame and most mods are going to be focused on Europe anyway. I don't know what the hell you expected from a Swedish game called CRUSADER KINGS.

You'd have a lot more people willing to help you if you toned down the patronising and "I hate all white people, they should be in concentration camps" comments.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 14, 2020 at 04:12 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I for one just finished my first complete playthru until 1453. Started as a lowly count in Thüringen and then proceeded to become the Duke of Meissen. Eventually I owned enough duchies to found my own kingdom, the Kingdom of Meissen, with all of northern Germany under my control. I eventually declared independence from the HRE and continued to expand my realm into Poland and Bohemia, only to eventually found the Empire of Meissen. Then I founded my own Christian religion in which women were discriminated even more than under Catholicism. This allowed me and my vassals to Holy War CB everyone around me. Basically, within 100 years, my vassals swallowed up all their heretic neighbors and expanded the empire across all of Europe, from Lisbon to Moscow. I could just sit back and enjoy the show.

Overall great experience. One negative thing I noticed was that technology gets researched too quickly. I had completed all research 100 years before the game end date. To make it more interesting, they ought to include many more techs and make it impossible to research all of them. Also, retinues are OP. As an emperor, I had 9 of them (9x17), two of which were siege machines, allowing me to win sieges within 3-5 days (the AI can't keep up).

Try playing a tribe in the 800s. You'll pull your hair out before your people discover the mythical secrets of earth mounds.

Lol. You're the only one getting salty here mate. There is nothing interesting happening outside of the game map during the time frame and most mods are going to be focused on Europe anyway. I don't know what the hell you expected from a Swedish game called CRUSADER KINGS.

You'd have a lot more people willing to help you if you toned down the patronising and "I hate all white people, they should be in concentration camps" comments.
    Try playing a tribe in the 800s. You'll pull your hair out before your people discover the mythical secrets of earth mounds.
    Spare me the cognitive dissonance Settra, you're the one being triggered over me not caring for medieval Europe and wanting to mod it. That you're projecting that hard over such a small slight just shows what a reactionary loser you're being, not that your posting history or just... everything about you, suggested anything otherwise.
    The middle ages are a boring, overdone time period in gaming, and I'll complain about it as much as I want, deal with it. Get your kick of the culture war somewhere else. Also, being willingly and idiotically unknowledgable about a subject to get a rise out of me, isn't the zinger you think it is.

I actually gave you a valid answer. You will not be patronizing me, dude. I wont be wasting my time reading your posts anymore. SMH
    Sorry dude but what do you want? You make a patronizing statement you get a patronizing answer. I only asked how easy it was to mod, not if you also found the setting as boring as I do.
    Last edited by saxdude; September 15, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anyway

I was slightly worried about the game given Paradox's recent releases (main games and DLCs). While I don't like some features (limited building slots, lifestyle with skill trees, dynasties skill trees, etc) overall the game is great. Not as good as CK2 on release (which was an excellent game from day one despite the myth of Paradox games supposedly not completed on release) but probably one of the best / the best strategy game of 2020.

Is that only me or is the game more difficult than its predecessor ? I have all the pain in the world to merely survive as a Karling prince. Those thuggish pagan Nords conquered almost all of Christianity. I managed to push them back during a century long Reconquista in Southern France but now I can't manage to overcome the Christian heresies. In particular the Insular Christianity which paradoxically expended everywhere except in the British Isles (due to the pagan occupation).

Ignore him, he's just angry the game is set in Europe.

Yeah Sweden and Scandinavia in general are extremely OP in this game.

Paradoxically the best way to combat heresies is by losing holy wars as the defender. Heresies appear when you religious fervor is low, and fervor decreases the more widespread your faith is or when you declare and win holy wars, and it increases when you lose.

The game is great but it really needs a bunch of patches because some of the mechanics are not entirely polished.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 17, 2020 at 07:49 AM.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

I actually love the medieval period. Like in CKII I will be looking for mods that cut out Asia, India, and bottom of Africa, etc. (basically Europe, Vikings, eastern Europe, and top of Africa & holy lands is all I want), and use the space saved to make even more counties/duchies in the regions left.
    Personally I also love the lifestyle trees and the way combat works, the graphics are gorgeous at ultra settings; and the RP value is great. :->

Albeit some of the mechanics can get quite gamey IE. customise a character- AND start as a lowly count and work towards meritocracy + kidnapper with high intrigue. This will enable you to steal whole kingdoms/empires from liege -just use meritocracy to use 'claim throne' against your liege. Then do a kidnap plot and a month before the plot is to fire declare war...when the 'kidnap' plot fires and you succeed at kidnapping you liege you will get a 100% war score which allows you to push your demands and just like that you're Emperor of Holy Roman Empire or Byzantine Empire etc.
    I am sure there will be other just as insane combinations possible people will come up with...
    Last edited by Stario; September 17, 2020 at 11:17 PM.

SO i discovered that CKIII has a powerful Portrait editor while on debug mode. Tested it out and made my own character HERE!

How did you access it?

How did you access it?

you launch the game in debug mode (and there is a portrait editor there), IE "-debug_mode" without the "" then while in debug mode press ~ key

A culture war before a thread's third page. Classic TWC.

Regardless, the game is excellent. Short a few features that the second one had, but nothing that you would really miss (republics, nomads, and secret societies). Inevitably they are going to be added in by dlc at some point, but its a lot more polished and complete than I honestly expected. Portraits are also a lot better. Indians now look like people, rather than the burned potatoes they were in CK2, and the slow aging process of characters is a nice touch. The only thing that annoys me is the propensity to have your heir retroactively become a secret bastard and the general aggressiveness and strength of Norse pagans. If you let them run wild they turn the map into a jigsaw puzzle, with Lapland or Sweden controlling parts of Spain and even North Africa. I would still heartily recommend it to anyone who enjoyed CK2 and it will only get more content in the future with mods; the Game of Thrones mod is already in development, as is the Historical Improvement Project I believe. It will only get better with time as Paradox games do, but unlike Imperator Rome it is actually a pretty polished and complete game on release.
    Last edited by Gandalfus; September 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM.

@Settra

I am also suprised how advanced the portrait editor is (you can literally spent hours designing your character appearance). You can literally change everything down to the wrinkles on the outside edge of your eyes.

Last edited by Stario; September 24, 2020 at 07:46 PM.

I wanted to play Alfred of Wessex campaign. But Alfred's original portrait is so ugly. So I changed it to the above while keeping all his original traits/keeping original character -instead of customising my own char using ruled designer mod- (which breaks a lot of the event that usually fire with original chars). This way all the script fired of IE. Alfred "becoming the Great" etc.
    Last edited by Stario; September 24, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

First new patch out. Not played it yet, but patch notes seem to indicate they’ve given Norse pagans a much needed aggression hit, as well as buffing the previously unimpressive mongols. Looks like they also fixed the problem of the AI turning everyone into illegitimate children. Patch notes are honestly huge, lots of bug fixes and QoL changes as expected:

Linky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast