Saxony - 21%
    Mecklenburg-Vorpommern - 21%
    Saxony-Anhalt - 20%
    Brandenburg - 19%
    Baden-Württemberg - 19%

The rest is under 15% (e.g. Berlin 13%):

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: One in three Bavarians want independence from Germany

How would indipendance be beneficial to Bavaria though? I'm not well versed in European, let alone German politics (its what happens when you live in Ass-end-off-nowhere Land aka Australia.)

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    How would indipendance be beneficial to Bavaria though? I'm not well versed in European, let alone German politics (its what happens when you live in Ass-end-off-nowhere Land aka Australia.)
    It's a distant dream, harbored by local patriots (like i was). There is no societal cohesion in Germany that would mobilize the necessary enthusiasm. We always "hated" and distrusted each other and now it's too late anyway. It's absurd. That doesn't mean that things like this aren't possible somewhere else in Europe.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Wtf Are we back to HRE??? Does that mean we will get rest of Denmark back :3

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Wtf Are we back to HRE??? Does that mean we will get rest of Denmark back :3
    If they knew what's good for them, they would have gone back to Denmark a long, long time ago. Well... ask them. Maybe they still warm up to reason.

Wow, Merkel and her supporters are corrupt incompetent traitors, but you gotta give them credit - they managed to achieve something, that didn't even happen after defeat in world wars - they managed to cause their own country to start collapsing.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Wow, Merkel and her supporters are corrupt incompetent traitors, but you gotta give them credit - they managed to achieve something, that didn't even happen after defeat in world wars - they managed to cause their own country to start collapsing.
    Did you read the survey at all. Polls are notorious for constraining your response and either by intent or just the nature of the questions. You know how many people in eastern Washington and Oregon would poll yes to the ideal of being one state and leave other side of the at the Cascades if that was the only question. How about after you talked about the costs. Do think the kind of people I know in Colfax who grip about being dictated too by Olympia realize King county provides ~40% of the state budget, or that no county east of the Cascades contributes more to the budget than it gets back unlike every county west of the Cascades. I know nothing of Germany but I suspect local griping is the same all over.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 21, 2019 at 12:02 AM. Reason: off topic part removed
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Poll is from July 2017 and haven't really been able to find any recent news on potential Bavarian independence in either English or German. Is there any indication this has come to the foreground again recently? As for reasons, apart from cultural differences within Germany, Bavaria, much like Catalonia, contributes more than it takes in average budget terms. Locals may not like the idea they are subsidising the rest of the country.

Funny side-note: there is a local party (Bayernpartei) competing on the issue of Bavarian nationalism that had some success in local state elections until the 1960s. It gasn't gained any seats in the 2018 state elections though, as it only got 1.7% of the vote and hence didn't make the 5% election requirement to gain seats.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; October 20, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Praeses

Poor OP, out of date information and a wrong conclusion. Less than one in three in the most pro-independence section of Bavaria want independence, this is a non issue.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Poor OP, out of date information and a wrong conclusion..... (snip).... this is a non issue.
    But its a perfect starting point for one of Heathen Hammers baseless anti-merkel rants. Comedy gold.

What about the rest of Germany? In my opinion we would benefit from a independent Bavaria, no more inept secretaries from the CSU in the government (like Dobrint or Scheuer) and no more power this useless regional party.

Why is Merkel a traitor? What happened?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    But its a perfect starting point for one of Heathen Hammers baseless anti-merkel rants. Comedy gold.

What about the rest of Germany? In my opinion we would benefit from a independent Bavaria, no more inept secretaries from the CSU in the government (like Dobrint or Scheuer) and no more power this useless regional party.
    Yeah, use HH's starting point for a rant to turn the thread in an anti-federal tirade. "Useless regional party" They held the majority in Bavaria for too long to be deserving of your merkelist clucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Why is Merkel a traitor? What happened?
    Nothing happened. Just another case of senile stubbornness.
    Last edited by swabian; October 21, 2019 at 03:38 AM.

I wouldn't put too much weight on this. Even California has secessionist attitudes towards the US. Last time I checked, some ~25% of Californians wanted to secede.

Ultimately, the difference between Bavarians and Catalonians when it comes to independence is that Catalonians actually want it, while Bavarians just think it's a neat idea but don't really bother with it all that much.

Some Bavarians probably also want to unite with Austria.

So is Merkel senile or a traitor? And why?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

A bit higher than I would have though but nothing new. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that percentage in Bavaria was higher 50 years ago. They have always been the Texas of Germany so to speak. I can remember my mother telling me when she was younger they used to have border checkpoints between Hessen and Bavaria (yes inside of Germany). And with her Hessian license plate on her car she was once cursed out by an elderly Bavarian woman calling her "Prussian Swine."

Senator

@pchalk: Maybe "Saupreiß, damischer Muhackl"

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    @pchalk: Maybe "Saupreiß, damischer Muhackl"
    Sounds familiar

Calling Prinz Otto von Bismarck! Quickly, send von Moltke with 88,000 Calvinists to Munich to teach those Papists what Prussian lager beer tastes like!

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by BundesReich View Post
    Calling Prinz Otto von Bismarck! Quickly, send von Moltke with 88,000 Calvinists to Munich to teach those Papists what Prussian lager beer tastes like!
    Quote Originally Posted by BundesReich View Post
    ...Prussian lager beer ...
    Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast