Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State Department's investigation on Hillary's email scandal \ DoJ investigation on corruption ends

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: State Department's investigation on Hillary's email scandal ends

For those who claim there was no evidence found against Hillary in the e-mail scandal I would point out that over 30,000 of those e-mails are still missing because she destroyed them; and don't forget that over a dozen federal employees are facing "disciplinary action" in the affair (thrown under the Bill and Hillary bus).

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

And yet here we are, 3 years after we first heard "...but, but, but...her emails". Either they have nothing (despite what you think) or they are completely incompetentat this juncture. Just charge her all ready then. Stop with the endless theories that don't move the needle forward. *cough* Benghazi *cough*13 separate inquiries*cough*.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    For those who claim there was no evidence found against Hillary in the e-mail scandal I would point out that over 30,000 of those e-mails are still missing because she destroyed them; and don't forget that over a dozen federal employees are facing "disciplinary action" in the affair (thrown under the Bill and Hillary bus).
    The fbi recovered them you know. I doubt the deletion was more than just hitting delete. But even if someone fed them all into Norton Shredder its still fairly trivial to recover via software (I can do that with the stuff I left my Biotech with)or for the FBI via hardware. You really think the aid had a whole new cloned HDD ready. Took out the old one. Plugged into another machine ran RCMP TSSIT OSP II on it, than hit it with hammer repeatedly until broke into pieces and then walked those off to different trash dumps (or better had paid a flunky at some hospital to drop them the medical waste bags so they go through an autoclave)? And nobody at the FBI noticed the obvious indications of an entire HDD swap out?

I missed the the MIT degree in computer engineering and programing in the background of any of the people who made the delete decision. You also realize the 2 previous Secretaries of State used private email for public business right?
    Last edited by conon394; October 23, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Praeses

Clinton blundered into a stupid procedural errors because she seems be bad at Government. Her idiot mishandling of Syria is a more serious blunder, and her punishment was the democrat candidacy.

In any case she's an entrenched member of the political class so there's about as much chance of her being seriously investigated or meaningfully punished as there is for Bush's cabinet.

Trump despite being one of the charmed circle seems to have blundered even more. The idiotic way he flouts basic rules about government employees profiting from their office (by booking government events at his own resorts) beggars belief.

A quick Google shows this is a law in the US: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

An
    employee shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office in a manner that is intended to coerce or induce another person, including a subordinate, to provide any benefit, financial or otherwise, to himself or to friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity.
    Trump should be arrested and locked up for this pathetic crap like any corrupt local official that uses city money to rent one of his properties. I believe many politicians would be dipping their snouts into the same trough and they fear if the most flagrant gets caught then the rest may have to smarten up. Biden wants jobs for his son, no doubt the Clintons have dealt favours. From the little I hear about the Bushes and Obama they might be personally clean but their parties and their allies stink.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Still, this isn't the thread about Trump administration scandals. This is about the State Department, under the Republicans, not finding evidence of wrongdoing in the vast majority of the cases and just some minor stuff here and there.
    Even though the last few years were quite generous on dead neocons (notable Bush sr and McCain), GOP is still infested with them. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton made some sort of deal with GOP to provide dirt on Democrats in exchange for not throwing the book at her.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    Ivana is not a government employee, Hillary was. None of the Trump's family are in roles that would expose them to official state secrets similar to Hillary's role as Secretary of State. Apparenrly, you don't believe Democrats should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

Comparing what a Secretary of States does and and what a member of Trump's family do as private citizens is not the sam thing. Hillary was an official government citizen, Ivana was not. Hillary.was running for President, Ivana was not. Can you point tonwhat official government job we was sworn into, and would expose Ivana to official government secrets like Hillary's job?

And isn't about time to admit all these investigations into Trump were just witch hunts to find something, anything they can, for political gain, and remove and removed a guy from office they were trying to before he even took the oath? Never before has a group appealed to the Electorial Colleges whining and begging them not to do the job they were elected to do, as was the case in Trump.

Mueller and the Democrats tried find something on Trump on Russia, and failed, so now they are trying a different track.

The issue with Hillary is the the email scandal is typical, showing her arrogance and how the rules don't apply to her. The fact that nothing was found does not mean the damage potential wasn't there or that there wasn't damage, justnit wasn't caught. Given thr strong pro Democrat bias among the FBI and government agencies (IRS gate, and the the FBI conversations of how to get Trump, then "losing all the emails"), I think it was a foregone conclusion they wouldn't find anything. To find something. You have to actually look, and likely they were just going through the motions, to pretend to be looking so they could satisfy the critics. The reason they did the investigation was to seem they were being objective, thT they were subjecting Hillary tonthe same standards as everyone else. .

Tax records before he was President are no business of Congress. And since he is an elected official, he is accountable to us. The American voter. This is a case of people who are trying to over turn the resorts of the election any way they can. Since these people.tipped their hand sommany times before, I suspect many Americans are seeing through these political ploys.

Just as the whole Russian conclusion thing was blown-out-of-proportion and a sleazy excuse to find some way to get Trump since these people couldn't admit they lost fair and squares and and so had to blame it a on the Russians. Rather insulting to all those who voted for Trump thstnthey only did so because they were brained washed by the Russians, and there is zero evidence of any Russian voter tampering as the Democrats claim.

The charges of Hillary were serious, and it is a case of double standard to shrug them off as you want to do. And it been a Rebublicans Secretary of State who did the same thing, who also became a candidate, would you be saying the same thing? Ask yourself honestly. pparenrly investigating people you agree with is a waste of money, but if it is people you don't agree with it is a different matter?

Why? Anti-Trump people like you have not relented on a non scandal that has was investigated and proven groundlesss, as your own comments show. As far as know, you one has been talking about the email scandal in months but you, and that was to complain that Hillary and the Democrats were held to the same standard as everyone else. Frankly, I thought the investigation had been closed long ago. But since the Democrats are never going to give it a rest against Trump, then the otherwise wi reciprocate. It works both ways.

And the difference between Trump and Hillary is Trump is an elected an official, and is responsible to us the voters, not members of the he opposite political party who have a political axe to grind. The Hillary investigation is something the Democrats have been doing for years, even using the IRS to investigate those they politically don't agree with. Once Hillary's violation of government policy had been exposed, it had to be investigated. If it hadn't been investigated, it would have looked like the government was covering up for Hillary, and that investigation had to be started before the election, for the same reason. The only problem was thrinvestigstion should have been started sooner, so Hillary could have been exonerated earlier. Had she been a Republican, she would have been investigated a lot sooner, the government officials wouldn't have to be pressured to do their job, and they would be announcing that official was guilty with the exact same evidence as against Hillary.
    - Ivanka and her husband were working in the White House as consultants. They were not private citizens. They had exposed classified information through the use of private emails.

- "And isn't about time to admit all these investigations into Trump were just witch hunts to find something, anything they can, for political gain"
    Yes.
    And there are threads about that. Some Not-my-presidenters and Impeach-him-retry15ers have even admitted that they don't mind hitting under the belt or playing unfair. At least, these Not-my-presidenters admit they are wrong and simply don't care.
    If some Lock-her-uppers said "look, of course it's overblown crap. But I don't like Hillary so I insist on this crap to hurt her base. I also would like to see her in prison because I think she deserves it. Not for this pathetic partisan excuse of course, no, that's just some $$$$ we throw around, but for other things, serious things."
    While Not-My-Presidenters and Impeach-him-retry15ers have not said in the exact same words that they push for this crap just because it's a convenient excuse to hurt Trump's re-election chances or get him out of office, a few of them have actually admitted, at least partially, that that's the agenda. Pelosi being one of them I think. Or the democrats saying "look, we know it won't pass the senate, but it's hilarious and mobilizes my sheep voter base ".

- Yes, if a Republican State Department guy did the same and the Democrats have been acting like the Republicans did, I would say the same things. Exactly how I said that the "Tax records" thing with Trump is overblown nothing-burger. Before the elections was perhaps relevant. Now? Now it's been proven the voters didn't care about it. And more. You can find several posts of mine exposing Democrat partisanship.

- "been talking about the email scandal in months but you, and that was to complain that Hillary and the Democrats were held to the same standard as everyone else."
    Noooope, I am complaining that Lock-her-uppers have not admitted they were wrong, as they clearly are and that they are biased against her since they ignore the Republican officials that did the same.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

All these Trump investigations have found "something". The issue is, y'all keep moving the goalposts, refusing to acknowledge basic facts, or change the English language to protect "your" President. Most annoying are the, "I don't like trump but the libs man, THE LIBS". This situation would be comedic, if the consequences weren't so tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    All these Trump investigations have found "something". The issue is, y'all keep moving the goalposts, refusing to acknowledge basic facts, or change the English language to protect "your" President. Most annoying are the, "I don't like trump but the libs man, THE LIBS". This situation would be comedic, if the consequences weren't so tragic.
    That's because Trump is comparatively better then current rendition of leading Democrats, much like Obama was comparatively better then McCain or Romney.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Being one of those that more or less feared the world would collapse if Trump was elected, I was pleasantly surprised that a group of very smart people in the end of 18th century made sure that the consequences weren't so tragic as we have feared.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Being one of those that more or less feared the world would collapse if Trump was elected, I was pleasantly surprised that a group of very smart people in the end of 18th century made sure that the consequences weren't so tragic as we have feared.
    Did you just call slave owners smart people? I'm so triggered...

But you do have a very valid point in regards to Red Flag laws (or gun control in general) being blatant violation of Constitution. Trump should be bashed until he renounces support for those.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

But you do have a very valid point in regards to Red Flag laws (or gun control in general) being blatant violation of Constitution. Trump should be bashed until he renounces support for those.
    How would they be a violation. Being emotionally or mentally unstable would seem undermine a well regulated militia man/women.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    How would they be a violation. Being emotionally or mentally unstable would seem undermine a well regulated militia man/women.
    Because "red flag" laws contradict constitution and in general are useless (crazy person can just buy a gun on deep web or under the table), while the law itself would most likely be applied for political reasons or as a way to resolve personal grievances.
    The only exception should be for violent felons.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post

How we got from "State department finds just a handful of minor problems in Hillary's run-of-the-mill security lapse = Lock-her-uppers owe her an apology" to "Red Flag" laws?

The logic gap from "the Founding Fathers had put checks and balances so that an authoritarian populist would not be able to do too much damage" to "Red Flag laws are unconstitutional" is huge.

How we got from "State department finds just a handful of minor problems in Hillary's run-of-the-mill security lapse = Lock-her-uppers owe her an apology" to "Red Flag" laws?

The logic gap from "the Founding Fathers had put checks and balances so that an authoritarian populist would not be able to do too much damage" to "Red Flag laws are unconstitutional" is huge.
    So far the only objective damage done by Trump, from Constitutional perspective, were some of the ant-gin legislation.

Moderator Emeritus

Oh, I see. When I said "I feared for the worse" I was talking about USA nuking North Korea or collapsing the world economy with a real bad trade war. I didn't mean minor (potential) divergence from the constitution of a country that is not mine.

Oh, I see. When I said "I feared for the worse" I was talking about USA nuking North Korea or collapsing the world economy with a real bad trade war. I didn't mean minor (potential) divergence from the constitution of a country that is not mine.
    Well, former is something out of mainstream journo propaganda playbook, latter is realistic and could actually result with a lot of harm.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

https://www.apnews.com/14b14afc5d8647858489a2cf5385c28d
    After three years of investigation of 33000 emails, 38 people were found “culpable” in 91 cases of sending classified information that ended up in Clinton’s personal email.
    So, the State Department has completed its internal investigation and found violations by 38 people, some of whom may face disciplinary action.Clinton, however, is innocent, even if she violates security guidelines with an email server created and maintained outside of State Department guidelines and property.
    Hmm, Snowden and Clinton: The Classified Double Standard - Observer

Both Clinton and Snowden broke federal rules regarding the handling of classified information, but only Snowden lives in Russia under asylum, likely to face a long prison sentence if he is extradited or attempts to return to the United States. Clinton, on the other hand, is within reach of securing the Democratic presidential nomination. It could be argued Snowden’s actions were in the best interest of the country—former United States Attorney General Eric Holder recently called Snowden’s actions a “public service”—but although Snowden should be able to defend his actions as such, he would nevertheless be prosecuted in court as a spy under the Espionage Act.
    Yesterday, Edward Snowden addressed the Web Summit 2019, Lisbon, Portugal.Full interview.Food for thought,

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, there's a difference between not showing the proper care with classified data that didn't do any damage to leaking your country's dark secrets to the wide public.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Apparently, around 5,000 more of the missing 30,000 Clinton e-mails have been located. Could this mean that the Clinton e-mail scandal gets another round of federal investigation?

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...linton-emails/

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...776_story.html

Justice department ends 2-years investigation on Hillary too, having found nothing.
    The witch-hunts against Hillary Clinton, under a Republican administration, failed to find anything of substance for years. Nothing terribly bad about the emails (State department), nothing about Clinton foundation.

Unlike Trump and his prosecution complex (not that he won't face witch-hunts by the democrats, they're as bad) Hillary didn't start tweeting for weeks about it. Still it must be vindication for a woman that has been used as the scapegoat for Republican failures for years and lost the election over things that were nothing serious (emails) or allegations that were simply not true (corruption).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast