Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State Department's investigation on Hillary's email scandal \ DoJ investigation on corruption ends

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default State Department's investigation on Hillary's email scandal \ DoJ investigation on corruption ends

https://www.apnews.com/14b14afc5d8647858489a2cf5385c28d

The gist: The State Department, held by the Republican Lockherupers finished the internal investigation in the "horrible" scandal that more or less cost Hillary the election as (at least from what I have seen) it affected the vote much more than Russian trolling on FB and twitter. After three years of investigation of 33000 emails, 38 people were found “culpable” in 91 cases of sending classified information that ended up in Clinton’s personal email. Investigators (Republican ones) didn't find evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information. For those 38 officials, there would be some disciplinary action (but not anything great). No evidence that the server has been hacked.

So... after 3 years of shameful witch hunting on the most overblown scandal that I can think of, it was again proven that Republican histrionics were a partisan nothingburger about a near non-issue. Should Hillary have acted better? Yes. Should Hillary have been more upfront on her mess up? Perhaps. Did that breech presented a (minor) threat? Yes but thankfully that minor threat didn't come to pass.
    91 cases in 33000 emails. No deliberate mishandling of classified information. No actual damage, just minor potential for minor damage.

It is time for the Lock-her-up crowd to say "whoopsie! We were wrong on that one, like we were with Benghazi, the Uranium deal and all the other made-up scandals or over-blown scandals."

EDIT: The Justice Department's investigation also produced nothing about corruption after investigating Hillary in a 2-years witch-hunt.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 10, 2020 at 04:52 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: State Department's investigation on Hillary's email scandal ends

This will have absolutely no effect on the "Lock her up!" crowd because their hatred for her isn't based on facts. It's simply that they were told to hate her. Told she is the worst criminal in human history, a traitor, murderer, child rapist, and even a cannibal. And they believed every word they were told without question. I am 100% certain that they will say that everyone connected to the investigation is a deep state liberal Obama-holdover, widening to include the entire State Department, up too and including Trump himself if need be, before ever admitting they were wrong in the slightest.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Won't happen. What happen will be another theory, that the accusations couldn't be proved because the crazy, evil democrats have prevented the president of the people from getting those datas from the server in the Ukraine, where all the datas about Bidden, Clintons and Eckstein are collected, with their unjustified witch hunt called Ukraine affair....
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

On thing that should come out of this is reexamining the culture of slapping sensitive or classified on every possible document. When you go through cold war archives as they are declassified its amazing how much pointless routine stuff as simply bulk classified. I recall a couple good ones from my days at the ISU econ extension. Routine economic reports done in academia and USDA (and papers as well), and publicly published then passed on to the CIA via the USDA as well - suddenly end up passed around DC as classified. In other words somebody was tasked with putting together some kind report on Chinese or some other adversary's agriculture and it looked a lot cooler if everything was classified rather than just we as some people at the USDA for their public data and estimations and projections.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Its almost like people with wealth and power can easily avoid being held responsible for committing crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    On thing that should come out of this is reexamining the culture of slapping sensitive or classified on every possible document. When you go through cold war archives as they are declassified its amazing how much pointless routine stuff as simply bulk classified. I recall a couple good ones from my days at the ISU econ extension. Routine economic reports done in academia and USDA (and papers as well), and publicly published then passed on to the CIA via the USDA as well - suddenly end up passed around DC as classified. In other words somebody was tasked with putting together some kind report on Chinese or some other adversary's agriculture and it looked a lot cooler if everything was classified rather than just we as some people at the USDA for their public data and estimations and projections.
    Don't hold your breath - no alphabet agency would want its criminal and, in some cases like CIA, terrorist activity being exposed to the public.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Its almost like people with wealth and power can easily avoid being held responsible for committing crimes.
    What crime?

Don't hold your breath - no alphabet agency would want its criminal and, in some cases like CIA, terrorist activity being exposed to the public.
    Well how clever alphabet agency.

You actually missed my point but whatever. I suspect the inadvertent classified documents Hillery had on her server were not secret plans to topple governments but banal items that never had any reason to be sensitive or classified.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Moderator Emeritus

To be fair, such things were classified because 0.1% of them were sensitive material and they didn't want people to know which.

If all information from say... Bolivia to USA is declassified and then, on the month of March there are 45 classified documents around the same time that a politician gets into a drug-cartel scandal, you know where the info is.
    Also, back in the cold war there were the black ops and black funds. One way to do it is to hide much of the information from the public so that the enemy spies won't have access to the USDA to say "wait, that pesticide lab in Nevada with the three scientists and 4 lab assistants gets TOOOO much money. Call Ivan. They probably develop chemical weapons there."
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    To be fair, such things were classified because 0.1% of them were sensitive material and they didn't want people to know which.

If all information from say... Bolivia to USA is declassified and then, on the month of March there are 45 classified documents around the same time that a politician gets into a drug-cartel scandal, you know where the info is.
    Also, back in the cold war there were the black ops and black funds. One way to do it is to hide much of the information from the public so that the enemy spies won't have access to the USDA to say "wait, that pesticide lab in Nevada with the three scientists and 4 lab assistants gets TOOOO much money. Call Ivan. They probably develop chemical weapons there."
    Yea I kinda saw that coming. But it certainty does not justify the glacial pace of declassification now. Also I more meant just how easy it for a lot pointless stuff to swept up into the classified realm. I think a lot of people hear the word classified and assume ever page is some agents life in the balance and not just making sure the Russians aren't guessing how many air crews are active at Minot ND by the shipments of toilet paper because they paying somebody in the some mail room.
    Last edited by conon394; October 19, 2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    If Clinton is getting away with anything, it is now only because Trump is letting her. So she was either 100% innocent of any wrongdoing, or Trump is actively conspiring with her to bury the mountains of evidence you guys are always claiming is there.

Email "scandal"? Hahaha, that's so cute. Meanwhile, over at the White House for the last three years...

Moderator Emeritus

Yea I kinda saw that coming. But it certainty does not justify the glacial pace of declassification now. Also I more meant just how easy it for a lot pointless stuff to swept up into the classified realm. I think a lot of people hear the word classified and assume ever page is some agents life in the balance and not just making sure the Russians aren't guessing how many air crews are active at Minot ND by the shipments of toilet paper because they paying somebody in the some mail room.
    I am not sure if I should mention the following, but I will since it was in the news of my country a few years ago: that is an effective way to figure that and our spies in Turkey - I mean the theoretical spies we would have if we were not stalwart NATO allies with our dear neighbor to the east - were looking for such things from the personnel in Turkish airbases that we were bribing. Allegedly! I mean, we were allegedly bribing! :
    You can't trust the news nowdays, but that's what they were saying when a bunch of Turkish petty officers were arrested there for (allegedly) selling such info to us. Slander I am telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    If Clinton is getting away with anything, it is now only because Trump is letting her. So she was either 100% innocent of any wrongdoing, or Trump is actively conspiring with her to bury the mountains of evidence you guys are always claiming is there.
    That, exactly that

So... what is it my Trumpeteer friends? Was Hillary innocent after all and the allegations were partisanship crap that was accepted because of foolishness, or the elected representatives that now hold the government are helping her hide the mountains of evidence after year-long trials meaning they were elected because of foolishness?
    Last edited by alhoon; October 20, 2019 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I doubt there is any point in "conspiring" with her, but for Democrats she is a dead weight and source of PR problems - so he is definitely benefiting from that politically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Email "scandal"? Hahaha, that's so cute. Meanwhile, over at the White House for the last three years...
    Compared to the last 3 administrations or so, current one hasn't really had any major scandals. I think Hillary email thing was the last major scandal (if we don't count the whole thing where Biden put his junkie son as chair of energy company in Ukraine and then threatened to withhold aid to them if their prosecutor investigates his company).

Moderator Emeritus

Compared to the last 3 administrations or so, current one hasn't really had any major scandals. I think Hillary email thing was the last major scandal (if we don't count the whole thing where Biden put his junkie son as chair of energy company in Ukraine and then threatened to withhold aid to them if their prosecutor investigates his company).

Still, this isn't the thread about Trump administration scandals. This is about the State Department, under the Republicans, not finding evidence of wrongdoing in the vast majority of the cases and just some minor stuff here and there.

Still, this isn't the thread about Trump administration scandals. This is about the State Department, under the Republicans, not finding evidence of wrongdoing in the vast majority of the cases and just some minor stuff here and there.
    GOP rhinos and Democrats seem to be on the same side in everything but official matters, so...

GOP rhinos and Democrats seem to be on the same side in everything but official matters, so...
    So Trump is a rhino? Or are all of the allegations against Clinton completely made up? It's one or the other.

https://www.apnews.com/14b14afc5d8647858489a2cf5385c28d

The gist: The State Department, held by the Republican Lockherupers finished the internal investigation in the "horrible" scandal that more or less cost Hillary the election as (at least from what I have seen) it affected the vote much more than Russian trolling on FB and twitter. After three years of investigation of 33000 emails, 38 people were found “culpable” in 91 cases of sending classified information that ended up in Clinton’s personal email. Investigators (Republican ones) didn't find evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information. For those 38 officials, there would be some disciplinary action (but not anything great). No evidence that the server has been hacked.

So... after 3 years of shameful witch hunting on the most overblown scandal that I can think of, it was again proven that Republican histrionics were a partisan nothingburger about a near non-issue. Should Hillary have acted better? Yes. Should Hillary have been more upfront on her mess up? Perhaps. Did that breech presented a (minor) threat? Yes but thankfully that minor threat didn't come to pass.
    91 cases in 33000 emails. No deliberate mishandling of classified information. No actual damage, just minor potential for minor damage.

It is time for the Lock-her-up crowd to say "whoopsie! We were wrong on that one, like we were with Benghazi, the Uranium deal and all the other made-up scandals or over-blown scandals."
    So investigating Hillary.and finding nothing was a waste of money, but investigating and finding nothing was well spent.

Contrary to what people like you would like want to believe. Hillary lost the election because people did not like, and they remember a the scandals she was invovled in (Whitewater, Travelgate, her total muffing of getting a health care bill passed, her one real Jon in her husband's administration, her snooty attitude, etc.). Trump won, not because of the email scandal, or because of Russia, but because Trump did what an elistist like Hillary did not:. He addressed the economic concerns of rust belt states like Illinois and Michigan who have seen their well paying manufacturing jobs evaporate overseas. Elistist of both political parties haven't even been willing to acknowledge the issue, and only Trump.has been at least willing to talk about it.

That is why Trump won states like Michigan that had voted for Obama and the Democrats in the previous election. Unlike rhe other politicians in both parties, who jump when the big Wallstreet bankers say "jump", Trump is willing to ignore the Hard school economist who were ruining American, and was willing to tackle the Chinese which went against what the elitist establishment wanted. The elistist establishmeent that rules America doesn't care if all the US manufacturing jobs go overseas, in fact elistist like Hillary prefer if because it means they can hire desperate people to be their servants cheaper.

Hillary is a elistist, who said F*U to the Americans who have seen their jobs go overseas because the policies she actively promoted. Only Trump went against the politicians of both parties and at least addressed the concerns.

And the Hillary violated clear policy in her handling of email - even if can't be proven that any damage was done, her arrogance in thinking that rules and regulations don't apply to her, and her cavalier attitude toward state secrets demonstrate she was unfit for the job of president.

Trump is willing to ignore the Hard school economist who were ruining American
    I sorry I missed any populist economic policy out of the Trump administration, just same old republican supply side thinking.

and was willing to tackle the Chinese which went against what the elitist establishment wanted
    He tackled them, how? An ill conceived and increasing costly tariff war seeming over a silly ideal the trade deficit. Worse yet when he lurches toward settlements its clear he fall for just silly agreement to import more beans and natural gas or oil.... gee make America great lets be a third world commodity producer. Not antagonizing all key allies who have the same trade issues we do with china might helped as well but err you know.

And the Hillary violated clear policy in her handling of email - even if can't be proven that any damage was done, her arrogance in thinking that rules and regulations don't apply to her, and her cavalier attitude toward state secrets demonstrate she was unfit for the job of president.
    Better a guy who uses his unsecured cell phone, blurts out operational secrets to the Russian Ambassador and constantly self deals with tax money.
    Last edited by conon394; October 21, 2019 at 04:52 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    That is why Trump won states like Michigan that had voted for Obama and the Democrats in the previous election.

Why Trump won, has little to do with the witch-hunt on Hillary and the Lock-her-up chants.
    Also, do you remember how many Republicans even members of Trump's family have done the same thing as Hillary with private email accounts? Where's the "Lock Ivanka up!" chants for her use of a private account for government things?

Isn't it about time that Lock-her-uppers admit that the whole email thing was a nothingburger, blown out of proportion for political gain?

blurts out operational secrets to the Russian Ambassador
    Or on tweeter... but this isn't about Trump being Trump or thinking the rules should not apply to him (from releasing tax records to not hiring his own resorts for G7 summits).
    It is also not about the other side's over-jealous and blown-out-of-proportion reactions to some of Trump's things (i.e. not releasing his tax records; give it a rest people he was elected by the American people even though he denied to release them. It is clear that it was never a priority for voters)

It is about whether the hardcore Anti-Hillary people would relent on a scandal that was blown out of proportion.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 21, 2019 at 11:24 PM.

As anyone released any kind of metadata analysis of say the type and category of email Hillery was using the server for?

I like the claim she got the mail account but no guidance. Sorry know too many government scientists and military types. You don't get an active account without a boat load guidance about proper-use.

Why Trump won, has little to do with the witch-hunt on Hillary and the Lock-her-up chants.
    Also, do you remember how many Republicans even members of Trump's family have done the same thing as Hillary with private email accounts? Where's the "Lock Ivanka up!" chants for her use of a private account for government things?
    Ivana is not a government employee, Hillary was. None of the Trump's family are in roles that would expose them to official state secrets similar to Hillary's role as Secretary of State. Apparenrly, you don't believe Democrats should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

Comparing what a Secretary of States does and and what a member of Trump's family do as private citizens is not the sam thing. Hillary was an official government citizen, Ivana was not. Hillary.was running for President, Ivana was not. Can you point tonwhat official government job we was sworn into, and would expose Ivana to official government secrets like Hillary's job?

Isn't it about time that Lock-her-uppers admit that the whole email thing was a nothingburger, blown out of proportion for political gain?
    And isn't about time to admit all these investigations into Trump were just witch hunts to find something, anything they can, for political gain, and remove and removed a guy from office they were trying to before he even took the oath? Never before has a group appealed to the Electorial Colleges whining and begging them not to do the job they were elected to do, as was the case in Trump.

Mueller and the Democrats tried find something on Trump on Russia, and failed, so now they are trying a different track.

The issue with Hillary is the the email scandal is typical, showing her arrogance and how the rules don't apply to her. The fact that nothing was found does not mean the damage potential wasn't there or that there wasn't damage, justnit wasn't caught. Given thr strong pro Democrat bias among the FBI and government agencies (IRS gate, and the the FBI conversations of how to get Trump, then "losing all the emails"), I think it was a foregone conclusion they wouldn't find anything. To find something. You have to actually look, and likely they were just going through the motions, to pretend to be looking so they could satisfy the critics. The reason they did the investigation was to seem they were being objective, thT they were subjecting Hillary tonthe same standards as everyone else. .

Or on tweeter... but this isn't about Trump being Trump or thinking the rules should not apply to him (from releasing tax records to not hiring his own resorts for G7 summits).
    Tax records before he was President are no business of Congress. And since he is an elected official, he is accountable to us. The American voter. This is a case of people who are trying to over turn the resorts of the election any way they can. Since these people.tipped their hand sommany times before, I suspect many Americans are seeing through these political ploys.

It is also not about the other side's over-jealous and blown-out-of-proportion reactions to some of Trump's things (i.e. not releasing his tax records; give it a rest people he was elected by the American people even though he denied to release them. It is clear that it was never a priority for voters)
    Just as the whole Russian conclusion thing was blown-out-of-proportion and a sleazy excuse to find some way to get Trump since these people couldn't admit they lost fair and squares and and so had to blame it a on the Russians. Rather insulting to all those who voted for Trump thstnthey only did so because they were brained washed by the Russians, and there is zero evidence of any Russian voter tampering as the Democrats claim.

The charges of Hillary were serious, and it is a case of double standard to shrug them off as you want to do. And it been a Rebublicans Secretary of State who did the same thing, who also became a candidate, would you be saying the same thing? Ask yourself honestly. pparenrly investigating people you agree with is a waste of money, but if it is people you don't agree with it is a different matter?

It is about whether the hardcore Anti-Hillary people would relent on a scandal that was blown out of proportion.
    Why? Anti-Trump people like you have not relented on a non scandal that has was investigated and proven groundlesss, as your own comments show. As far as know, you one has been talking about the email scandal in months but you, and that was to complain that Hillary and the Democrats were held to the same standard as everyone else. Frankly, I thought the investigation had been closed long ago. But since the Democrats are never going to give it a rest against Trump, then the otherwise wi reciprocate. It works both ways.

And the difference between Trump and Hillary is Trump is an elected an official, and is responsible to us the voters, not members of the he opposite political party who have a political axe to grind. The Hillary investigation is something the Democrats have been doing for years, even using the IRS to investigate those they politically don't agree with. Once Hillary's violation of government policy had been exposed, it had to be investigated. If it hadn't been investigated, it would have looked like the government was covering up for Hillary, and that investigation had to be started before the election, for the same reason. The only problem was thrinvestigstion should have been started sooner, so Hillary could have been exonerated earlier. Had she been a Republican, she would have been investigated a lot sooner, the government officials wouldn't have to be pressured to do their job, and they would be announcing that official was guilty with the exact same evidence as against Hillary.
    Last edited by Common Soldier; October 22, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast